Life is Strange

Jesse.S.Pierce

Playing Life is Strange again after so many years has been a refreshing nostalgia ride for me. I forgot how well it was done (more or less), and the effort that went into fleshing out the storyline shows. But still, it's rough.

I'm creating this thread to urge anyone to give it a try if they haven't since I think it stands the test of time (story being its focus)—but also to ask those who have, if the other parts in the franchise are worth a try. From what I've heard, the others weren't as good as the original, and some of them just plain bad.

LiS-Win64-Shipping_Zkg2uavGb9.png

Last edited:

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
Care to share what in the actual hell is Life is Strange for those who haven't played it or aren't divinators?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I hated the game since it had little to no actual gameplay.

Story was... meh...
Characters... meh..
Stealth section... horrible
Choices... not consequential since only 2 endings.

My biggest issue with the plot was that it all started with her saving that one girl whose name I forgot for being shot and that caused the time paradox or whatever its as that was coming. In the end the choice was either kill the entire town, or let your friend die and I was just like... this is stupid. There is no way to beat the system, you're meant to be powerless, there is no winning... so what's the point? Might as well just have made it a movie instead of a game. There isn't a payoff.

Also, Max isn't a charismatic character and while that might be just a personal preference, it's frustrating playing a game where you're limited by choices you don't like but can't do anything to change the outcome. I felt they should just make a movie mode or something so I can watch it without having to do all the puzzles and stuff. In an actual game you tend to overcome the obstacles and beat down the boss, game writing and movie/book writing are separate mediums that require different interactions. Anyway... that's all.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
The only thing I remember about it is that the MC has all the morality of a ADHD Fruit Fly in a room full of disco balls. She is a horrible person who hangs out with horrible people and she deserved to suffer. Other than that, I have managed to purge the majority of the unfortunate experience from my mind.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
They should make a game and call it:

"Life is Pizza."

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Playing Life is Strange again after so many years has been a refreshing nostalgia ride for me. I had forgotten how well it was done (more or less), and the effort that went into fleshing out the storyline shows.

I'm creating this thread to urge anyone to give it a try if they haven't since I think it stands the test of time (story being its focus)—but also to ask those who've played the other parts in the franchise if I should give those a try as well. So far from what I've heard, the others aren't as good as the original, and that some of them just plain bad.

View attachment 16079
I remember when it asked whether I'd like to save the town or the girl and im like, "lol fuck that bitch"

I mean I've gladly doomed thousands, millions, even entire worlds, before just to save one character in a game. But i couldn't give a damn about that one.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
It seems, in your anger, you killed pineapple...

No. Pineapple was alive, I felt it!

NOOOOOOOO!

Last edited: