Life is Strange

Brandondee

I loved that game. The sequels are alright, but there was something about the first game that felt special to me.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Lies that you tell yourself
Fake news!
Ohoho~
ohoho.jpeg

grovel in frustruation and envy you peasant!

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I really like Life is Strange. The one critique I hear is that the dialogue is bad. People just don't get it.

Jet

LiS is easily the best in its genre. I don't understand why some ppl stopped after the first one, though. I got no such habit. So, I beat every single instalment thus far. I just hope, they'll keep making more as my itch for more LiS is always there. Yes, it is true that the first one was the best. I listen to its OST at times still. I'd say that the last (True colors) is the second best. Also, its separately released prologue, Wavelengths, was just as great. Never expected to enjoy it as much, considering the weird theme. Before the storm was awesome at the end as well. I'd say, it's only slightly inferior to True colors. But maybe more wholesome than Wavelengths. Captain Spirit was a joyride to childhood as well. LiS 2 I'd call the worst part in the series. But I enjoyed it all the same. So, for me it's LiS1 9/10, True colors 8/10, Storm 8/10, Wavelengths 8/10, Spirit 7/10, LiS2 6/10.

All LiS suffer from the same issue. Dontnod are amazing at portraying an immersive slice of life setting. Yet what they do is go after supernatural and action instead. I'll never forget the first ep or even 2 eps of the first LiS. It just blew me away. Like I felt as if I was in that classroom, scribbling away. Or in that bed in the dorms. It was in a way beating a VR experience. And then... Some killer popped up, cataclysms, time rewinding... I was like wtf, why were they trying to ruin such epic atmosphere with all that bs? Pretty sure, I'd rate it a solid 10/10 if not for that all supernatural nonsense. The last ep going especially overboard with Max Payne kind of craziness. Anyway, every LiS is the same. Mind blowing atmosphere, yet loads of needless action that impair the original feel. The references to other parts are always nice. It's also always surprised me that they seem obsessed with the USA. Why not set your own France as a setting?

Last edited: