Lingua Witch's Academy

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
★ ~ Lingua Witch's Academy ~ ★
A word-based magic roleplaying game

Introduction
The World of Lingua is a mystical place where magic receives power from words. Every word has a spirit, and you must befriend and combine them to create spells. At the Witch's Academy, you'll meet spirits and develop your own magic. Are you ready to begin your journey to become a proper witch?

Registration
All characters start out as new students at the academy who have zero ability with magic.
  • Name
  • Appearance
  • Personality
  • History
Setting
The setting is a Witch's Academy that is located inside a very strange and mysterious Enchanted Forest. Aspiring witches (male and female) come from all over the world to learn magic. At the Academy, you will take classes and "get experience" at befriending word spirits. Word spirits are typically related to the entity that they represent, so you might find a "water" spirit near a body of water. However, spirits are very fussy, mischievous, unpredictable and they can be difficult to find. In many circumstances, spirits are encountered entirely by accident. If you satisfy a spirit after you encounter them, they may agree to help you with your spell.

How to Play
  1. You can always respond to this thread and roleplay normally with other students.
  2. When you are looking for a spirit, go to https://randomwordgenerator.com/ and roll five words. Please do not cheat and re-roll.
    1. You can change the "Word Type" to Nouns / Verbs / Adjectives to focus the roll to a specific part of speech.
  3. Pick one word, and write how your character encounters/befriends that spirit. Your character can then add that word to their inventory.
  4. When you've collected enough words, you can spend them to create a spell:
    1. Example: "My / broom / float(s) / up / to / the / sky."
    2. Prepositions, Pronouns, Conjunctions, and Punctuation are free.
    3. Words are consumed after you use them.
    4. Spells can be re-used after they are created.
  5. Some notes about magic:
    1. A magic spell is activated as soon as you say it, and lasts until you lose concentration (or fall asleep).
    2. Magic spells cannot do more than what it explicitly says (e.g. a "floating" broom can't "navigate" or "zoom" or do fancy maneuvers).
    3. Magic spells consume your personal magical energy. Spending too much will cause you to fall unconscious.
      1. Note: This means a spell like "The sun dies" probably won't work because it will cost too much energy.
    4. Spells can have unintended side effects if they are too vague.
    5. Sometimes, spells don't work... because spirits are whimsical and lazy. (e.g. "You die" rarely works)
    6. Spells that are made up of more spirits are more powerful and more reliable than vague spells that are made up of few spirits.
  6. Other things you can do:
    1. You can trade spirits with other players.
    2. You can teach your own spells to other players if you want.
    3. You can battle each other XD
    4. You can be silly and do other random stuff.
Daily Words
Every IRL day (~24 hours) you can collect a few daily words for free. This option is available because I know grinding for words can be tiresome. For each of these, every day, you can run the generator for three words and pick your favorite. Writing out how your character met these spirits is unnecessary unless you want to.
  • Go to class: Write something like "I went to class" to collect a daily word (Roll three and choose one).
  • Explore the forest: Write something like "I went to the forest" to collect a daily word (Roll three and choose one).
  • Practice magic: Write something like "I practiced magic" to collect a daily word (Roll three and choose one).

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Here is an example roll on https://randomwordgenerator.com/:
  • river
  • census
  • sigh
  • swipe
  • drop
----

Oh these, I'm going to pick "river". Next, I write a short post about encountering the river word spirit.

----

Blah blah blah blah. I walked to the river. I bumped into a spirt. I talked to the spirit, who asked me move a log that was blocking part of the river. The spirit was happy and agreed to help me make a spell in the future.

Word Inventory: River
Spell Inventory: n/a

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Quick Registration:
  • Melissa "Mel" Delemon
  • Female
  • Age 14
  • Brown curly hair, stick-like figure, taller than average
  • Ambitious, wants to be the greatest witch on the planet
  • Came from a small village that didn't have a witch. Was inspired by a wandering wizard who visited one day, and ever since then wanted to become the best witch ever.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Ordinary roleplaying posts are totally fine too

It was Mel's first day at the academy and she was nervous. What if she had no talent for magic?

She dragged her suitcase to the dormitory office and received the keys to her room. She wondered what kind of place she would be living in? Would she have any roommates? What were her classmates going to be like?

Mel found the staircase and struggled to pull her luggage up the stairs.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
OOC: Here's a roll - stress / chain / temporary / fit / strap

Mel was trying to pull her heavy luggage up the stairs when the strap on the suitcase broke. Immediately, it tumbled all the way back down the staircase, which cause Mel to groan with frustration. She walked over to her luggage and bent over to pick it up again. However, as soon as she grabbed the strap, there was a shrill voice:

"Ow! Ow! Ow! You're pulling on me!"

Mel was taken aback and immediately dropped her suitcase.

"I just snapped in half, and you're tugging on me already?"

"Y-You're..."

"I'm a spirit, isn't that obvious?"

Mel swallowed the saliva in her throat. She hadn't expected to encounter a spirit so quickly. Was there something magical about this place that spirits were especially common? Why hadn't she known that there was a spirit on her suitcase all along?

"Ah... I'm sorry." Mel offered, apologetically.

"Just don't be so rough!" The strap spirit snapped angrily.

Mel was downtrodden as she tried to find some other way to pick up her suitcase without relying on the broken strap.

OOC: In this case, I chose not to have the spirit join Mel, so I decided to end it here with the spirit angry at my character. If you would rather not collect any spirits on a post, that's totally fine too.

Word Inventory: n/a

Reciful

OCC: do every word to make a spell.... Must be generated?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Roll: problem / echo / banner / conscious / muscle

Mel was lost. The academy was very big, and at some point she must have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

"Hello?" She called out into the hallway.

—Hello... Hello... Hello...

There was an echo down in the long empty hallway.

She sighed and sat down on her suitcase. Her first day was not going as well as she hoped.

"I can't believe I'm lost."

—I can't believe I'm lost... lost... lost...

Mel furrowed her brow.

"Hello?"

—Hi... Hi... Hi...

She stared, slightly dumbstruck.

Echoes weren't supposed to do that.

"Who are you?"

—I am your... your... your...

"Echo?" Mel filled in quizzically.

—Let's be friends... friends... friends...

"Okay... sure..."

—Go that way... way... way...

"...Thanks then, Echo!"

Word Inventory: Echo

Himekawa

• Name: Yuu
  • Appearance: undecided
  • Personality: undecided
  • History: let's just say he has amnesia and didn't know anything before this.

Reciful

Name: Lemegeton Core (Alias: Leme )
Gender: Hermaphrodite(can switch to male & Female sexual organ)
Appearance: N/A
Personality: Childish, cry baby, Happy go lucky.
Backstory:
The Core of a fallen Demon God who lose a fight against the Ancient Evil God 'Innocent Malice' ending up being rip apart to Six Pieces of its former self as the results.

Due to being the weakest out of the all pieces despite being the core. She bitterly cried & runs away from their Home(realm) after suffering a constant mocking & Bullying from the other 5 piece who is much stronger than her.

Now trying to live a normal life as a witch... & Find a humble work somewhere.
  1. Parade
  2. Leg
  3. Grow
  4. Tooth
  5. Dream
  1. Hundred Night Parade
  2. Arachne of Hysteria

Last edited:

Megurashimono

★ ~ Lingua Witch's Academy ~ ★
A word-based magic roleplaying game

Introduction
The World of Lingua is a mystical place where magic receives power from words. Every word has a spirit, and you must befriend and combine them to create spells. At the Witch's Academy, you'll meet spirits and develop your own magic. Are you ready to begin your journey to become a proper witch?

Registration
All characters start out as new students at the academy who have zero ability with magic.
  • Name
  • Appearance
  • Personality
  • History
Setting
The setting is a Witch's Academy that is located inside a very strange and mysterious Enchanted Forest. Aspiring witches (male and female) come from all over the world to learn magic. At the Academy, you will take classes and "get experience" at befriending word spirits. Word spirits are typically related to the entity that they represent, so you might find a "water" spirit near a body of water. However, spirits are very fussy, mischievous, unpredictable and they can be difficult to find. In many circumstances, spirits are encountered entirely by accident. If you satisfy a spirit after you encounter them, they may agree to help you with your spell.

How to Play
  1. You can always respond to this thread and roleplay normally with other students.
  2. When you are looking for a spirit, go to https://randomwordgenerator.com/ and roll five words. Please do not cheat and re-roll.
  3. Pick one word, and write how your character encounters/befriends that spirit. Your character can then add that word to their inventory.
  4. When you've collected enough words, you can spend them to create a spell:
    1. Example: "My / broom / float(s) / up / to / the / sky."
    2. Prepositions, Pronouns, Conjunctions, and Punctuation are free.
    3. Words are consumed after you use them.
    4. Spells can be re-used after they are created.
  5. Some notes about magic:
    1. A magic spell is activated as soon as you say it, and lasts until you lose concentration (or fall asleep).
    2. Magic spells cannot do more than what it explicitly says (e.g. a "floating" broom can't "navigate" or "zoom" or do fancy maneuvers).
    3. Magic spells consume your personal magical energy. Spending too much will cause you to fall unconscious.
      1. Note: This means a spell like "The sun dies" probably won't work because it will cost too much energy.
    4. Spells can have unintended side effects if they are too vague.
    5. Sometimes, spells don't work... because spirits are whimsical and lazy. (e.g. "You die" rarely works)
    6. Spells that are made up of more spirits are more powerful and more reliable than vague spells that are made up of few spirits.
  6. Other things you can do:
    1. You can trade spirits with other players.
    2. You can teach your own spells to other players if you want.
    3. You can battle each other XD
    4. You can be silly and do other random stuff.

Can I join? Ohko-sama this idea of yours sounds fun and amazing! ^_^

Name: Reinhart/Glaciel Argentawn ←(A remembrance to my embarrassing past story)
Appearance: sharp ice blue eyes,
Personality: Cold, cautious and unapproachable. Trying hard to act as a commoner but occasionally slip up with his "noble way" of speaking.
History: A run away son of the Duke who was currently in disguise and hiding his real identity. Hated by his Father and siblings.

Leegood

• Name - Letianna Orgalla
  • Gender - Female
  • Age - 14
  • Appearance AG card
  • Personality AG card
  • History - When Letianna was 14 she was spirited away for a year.

5 words
  • depart
  • carriage
  • administration < --- Chosen word
  • packet
  • formation

I was doing my paperwork when I saw the bottom of the paper was signed "Administration?" I looked up to see a small little office lady nod to what I was doing "Can I count on you in the future?" The little office lady spirit nodded and faded away.

Word Inventory: Administration

Reciful

• study
  • swing
  • gallery
  • Parade <<<<<< [ Word of Choice ]
  • willpower

Lemegeton Core is lost in the woods, while wandering here & there In attempt to find the exit just only to go farther deeper in the forests..... Until night falls.

She is about to cry~

But she heard a noises somewhere, following the directions of the Noise.... What Her eyes witnessed is a group of Various demonic Spirit gathered in a group playing instruments, dancing, laughing, as the move towards somewhere.

As a Former Demon God.... Lemegeton Core felt much more relived & at ease with such being than Humans & its much better to go with them than being alone in the woods

She followed the demonic spirit parade & became part of their group, she fit well~.

Eventually she reach the end of the forest!

[ You are now a member of our parade means your a comrade! ]

[ Welcome welcome! ]

[ We are the "Hundred night demon Parade" from now on you may use the word Parade! Cause... Your one of us now a fellow member! ]

Lemegeton' Core: Oh thanks!... But i need to go back now... Till next time bye!.

[ Oh is thats so ok join us again next ]
[ Bye bye... Good bye till next time ]
[ Join us okay! If you have time! ]
[ Goooood bye! ]

images (5).jpeg

The Hundred night Demon Parade

Word obtain: Parade

Last edited:

Reciful

• Leg <<<<<< [ Chosen Word ]
  • recommendation
  • evoke
  • pollution
  • resolution

On Her way back to the witch academy. She tried to take a short cut to reach the school dormitory fast & sneaky.

Unfortunately in her way she meet a giant spirit blocking her path.

[ Hey you..... What do you think of My legs ]

The spirit ask Lemegeton suddenly.... The spirit is a Weird looking Giant Arachne. Without a Head, its upper body is wearing School sailor uniform, & instead of 8 spider she have 10 long human Legs wearing different color thighs each.

[ I suggest you answer veeeery wisely ]

[ Um-Ummm.... T-they look really great!... I-I-I-Its awesome ]

After a moment of silent.

[........ You..... Are you a leg Pervert perhaps? ]

[...!!!!?... N-No I'm Not!! ] She deny strongly she is not a pervert, she just answered that cause she have no choice isn't she.

[... Its fine I understand... really.... No need to deny yourself of your Fetish, even though its creepy that you're eyeing me in such manner, I'll let it pass since it's true My 10 leg is much awesome & pretty than your 2 legs indeed ] the Spirit said with a Smugness in it.

[ Wha-!! T-that Not wha---- ]

[ Anyway here I'll give you who love legs so much a Reward worthy for you only [

{ You acquired the spirit word: "Legs" }

{ You have made a contract with the spirit "Arachne of Hysteria" }

[ Well then till next time Leg lover ] she said after vanishing from thin air.

Word obtain: Legs

Feathers95

• Akira Hanai (Aki) (Akira meaning bright)
  • Female
  • Aki is a loud, rambunctious and over-the-top tomboy who's always super excited about fantasy and magic stuff. Despite how she seems, she's actually quite diligent and responsible in her studies, as well as careful when taking care of her younger brother. She can be pretty blunt and overly inquisitive at times, but she usually means well and is always optimistic.
  • Akira, alongside Koji, was born an orphan in a large bustling city, and was raised in the orphanage ever since she could remember. Despite being quite young herself, she enjoyed helping taking care of the younger ones, especially Koji, who she literally raised since he was a baby. A few years ago, both Akira and Koji were adopted by an old travelling wizard, who raised them lovingly and told them many tales about his past. However, he passed away recently, leading Akira to try and continue his legacy and become a great witch herself! Koji was supposed to go back to the orphanage since he was so young... but...

• Koji Hanai (Koko/Jiji) (Ko meaning prosperous and Ji meaning boss)
  • Male
  • Koji, despite being basically raised by Akira, somehow turned out the exact opposite of her. He's quiet, thoughtful and careful with everything he does, and somehow seems to have a better natural talent for everything than she does! He loves following Akira wherever she goes, probably a habit from their time at the orphanage, and although he seems to occasionally be tired of her antics, he cares for her more than anything else.
  • (See Akira's backstory) Koji similarly fell in love with magic just like Akira, and although he was supposed to return to the orphanage after their father's death, he snuck into her luggage when she departed for the Lingua Witch Academy and now he's stuck here with Akira taking care of him. He has absolutely no regrets despite Akira's exasperation!

Feathers95

Akira Hanai: (Daily Words!)
  • Akira went to her witch class and accidentally pulled off her teacher's wig. Oops. Fortunately, detention meant she could study more magic right...?
    • Concept, Impact, Strain
  • Akira explored the enchanted forest with Koji and found a giant tree with sparkling leaves!
    • Sip, Enjoy, Cooperate
  • Akira studied her notes from class carefully whilst Koji slept beside her.
    • Sport, Freight, Act
Word Inventory: Impact, Cooperate, Sport
Spell Inventory: ---

Koji Hanai: (Daily Words!)
  • Koji went to his witch class and listened to his teacher's words without speaking much. He felt a bit out of place considering everyone seemed to already be making friends around him...
    • Constituency, Sculpture, Buy
  • Koji followed Akira into the enchanted woods and watched Akira climb up a giant tree and fall on her butt, whilst he made a little chain out of grass.
    • Productive, Cupboard, Professor
  • Koji and Akira taught and tested each other what they had learnt from magic class, and spoke about their ambitions for the future.
    • Cat, Weigh, Hell
Word Inventory: Sculpture, Professor, Cat

Feathers95

Akira Hanai: Relationship, Sheet, Regular, Food, Smooth

Akira was famished after a whole day of studying, both in class and in detention. Finally able to make her way to the cafeteria, she ordered the deluxe set A meal and was about to dig in when...

"GAHHH STOP DON'T EAT ME!!!"

A voice roared in her ears angrily and fearfully as a potato chip suddenly flew away from her open mouth and levitated a meter away.

"Y-you brute! Barbarian!"

Akira was dumbfounded, and also saddened by the lack of food in her stomach right now, but more than that, she was excited about meeting a spirit!

"Wah, a spirit! Hey, can you help me come up with a spell later?"

"What! Why on earth would I do that after... after..."

Akira suddenly leaned forward and loomed over the floating food spirit, scaring it speechless.

"I'll eat you if you don't help me!" She smiled and teased menacingly.

"Ahhhhhh, fine fine, please don't eat me!!!"

The food spirit ran away at the speed of light, whilst Akira continued eating her meal, pleased to hear the spirit's confirmation. Afterall, a word spirit wouldn't go back on their word right...?

Word Inventory: Impact, Cooperate, Sport, Food

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Mel (daily words!):
  • Mel went to her first day of classes! It was... mostly just the syllabus... and she spent time fantasizing about the future
    • Fantasy / Atitude / Haunt
  • During lunch she explored the edge of the forest. She tripped and rolled down a hill.
    • Roll / Pin / Package
  • She went looking for textbooks in the evening and skimmed stuff in the bookstore. She picked up a dozen books but realized she didn't have enough money to afford them all.
    • Dozen / Memorandum / Repeat
Word Inventory: Echo, Fantasy, Roll, Dozen

Feathers95

Koji Hanai: Linear, Confrontation, Room, Hostility, Reduce

As Koji was about to pack up and leave the classroom, a pretty little girl with long pink hair waved at him with a blush before dashing away with her giggling friends.

He was a little confused, but quickly his attention was piqued by another student glaring at him from across the classroom, who suddenly marched towards him.

"Oi new kid, don't be getting any ideas okay! Lila will never be your girlfriend!" He childishly harrumphed, as Koji looked at him weirdly, wondering what on earth he was talking about.

"Ooo [Confrontation] look over here, things are getting spicy! I can feel the anger from here~"

"[Hostility] stop pulling on my ear, you moron! But that was a pretty blunt showdown I have to say~"

Suddenly, Koji heard the whispers of two spirits watching somewhere close by, probably spying on whatever was going down right now.

"Erm, don't worry, I'm not interested in her... rather I think you suit her much better." Koji replied cautiously, glancing at his fellow student's blue hair that matched well with Lila's pink.

Immediately, his fellow student blushed and rubbed his nose. "Y-you think so? Huh, you're not as bad as you look." He responded shyly yet still arrogantly somehow, before leaving Koji alone with his ego boosted.

"Oww [Reduce] stop squashing me!"

"Let go [Reduce]!"

"Leave you two, there's no hostility or confrontation here any more."

Koji once again heard the spirits whispering to each other, which he decided to go and take a peek at outside the classroom door.

"Hello boy, you did well reducing the severity of the situation back there. If you'd like my help with a spell sometime, feel free to come find me."

[Reduce] smiled ambiguously, as he drifted away with the other spirits.

Word Inventory: Sculpture, Professor, Cat, Reduce