Writing Prompt LitRPG idea

Ok so my last idea was kinda cringe but the past Is in the past, I was thinking and thought how cool it would be if a guy that died became ghost but he had some sort of system so that he could fight other ghosts. But then I thought how cool it would be if a guy that turned into a ghost, had his body become a zombie, and had a system that strengthens his body (or zombie?) to make sure his body doesn’t die. What ya think?

Kaguro

Does his body have its own ego after it becomes a zombie? Like his body becomes a zombie while he's still a ghost, so they team up or become rivals or something like that.

ChocolateLover030

Devourer of the Cocoa
I don't know why, but the idea reminded me of this new souls like game, Mortal Shell. (It came out this year.)

The premise is that:
  • You play as some spirit entity or something (I can't remember).
  • You can possess the corpses of dead warriors (zombie body).
  • You can strengthen the bodies by knowing the name of the original owner. (If I recall correctly)
  • The game has a feature that allows the character to harden its body. It can be used to block and parry attacks, and there's even a parry feature as well.
  • And finally, if an enemy deals a death blow to you, while you're in your zombie body. You will have to chance to safe yourself by re-entering the body, before the enemy kills your true form. (The body stays fine btw)
The only thing I forgot is the plot lol. I didn't play it. (coz I'm a souls game noob. Don't say git gud.)
I only saw others play it on youtube.

Oh by the way, I'm sort of a new author here. Hi.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Does his body have its own ego after it becomes a zombie? Like his body becomes a zombie while he's still a ghost, so they team up or become rivals or something like that.
Iirc this happened in a xianxia before. Not as MC of course, rather MC's friend.

Long story short, the main antagonist tried to send himself into the multiverse but found out that he cannot do so, body and soul wise, so he split the body and soul and throws the soul into space while the body that stayed behind renamed itself as 将臣, as in subordinate. The story is called 万古something something... fyi the entire story is a bit fucked up as corpses are capable of becoming sentient, scenes where the original soul fights for control over the body with the new will is common af.

Watchman

This reminds me of the comic strip where a guy dies and he set up a death match between his spirit and skeleton over ownership of his stuff

No, his body is lifeless but he has simple controls over it (like attack or stay) but it does have a bit of a mind of it’s own.

Iirc this happened in a xianxia before. Not as MC of course, rather MC's friend.

Long story short, the main antagonist tried to send himself into the multiverse but found out that he cannot do so, body and soul wise, so he split the body and soul and throws the soul into space while the body that stayed behind renamed itself as 将臣, as in subordinate. The story is called 万古something something... fyi the entire story is a bit fucked up as corpses are capable of becoming sentient, scenes where the original soul fights for control over the body with the new will is common af.
Oh really? Interesting...

I don't know why, but the idea reminded me of this new souls like game, Mortal Shell. (It came out this year.)

The premise is that:
  • You play as some spirit entity or something (I can't remember).
  • You can possess the corpses of dead warriors (zombie body).
  • You can strengthen the bodies by knowing the name of the original owner. (If I recall correctly)
  • The game has a feature that allows the character to harden its body. It can be used to block and parry attacks, and there's even a parry feature as well.
  • And finally, if an enemy deals a death blow to you, while you're in your zombie body. You will have to chance to safe yourself by re-entering the body, before the enemy kills your true form. (The body stays fine btw)
The only thing I forgot is the plot lol. I didn't play it. (coz I'm a souls game noob. Don't say git gud.)
I only saw others play it on youtube.

Oh by the way, I'm sort of a new author here. Hi.
Oh yeah I also watched that, now that I look at the evidence maybe i took some element from Mortal Shell. Also, hi!