Litrpg system creation

Greyman

How do Litrpg author keep track of all the number and xp flying everywhere Everytime?

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
I know of to techniques. the first is to be vague enough on how the system/experience works to just pick random numbers that suit the story, and the second is to rigorously keep track of everything in an excel sheet.

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
I have an excel for that kind of thing, as well as a lot of word pads for specific information like status screen, skill progress, and other goodies.

Mr.Grey-Cat

They don't and shouldn't. Otherwise, the story's pace would be lost. A novel is not a game, so you shouldn't be so fixated on calculating things.

Just estimate and try to make it looks right, that's all. Suspension of disbelief will do the rest.

Mephi

I've come to the conclusion that numbers don't matter. The numbers going up is important, but the actual nbers themselves don't.

Greyman

They don't and shouldn't. Otherwise, the story's pace would be lost. A novel is not a game, so you shouldn't be so fixated on calculating things.

Just estimate and try to make it looks right, that's all. Suspension of disbelief will do the rest.
As a fellow Grey person, I would like to sincerely thank you.

Excel sheets

As a fellow Grey person, I would like to sincerely thank you.
You are welcome.
gentlemen

Temple

There are two ways for litrpg systems. Just the light systems and the heavy systems.

Light could be something like Overlord. Like is someone seriously keeping track of the numbers there? Does anyone even care? The point is that they're OP. You could slowly step above that with more skills that level up and thus need some record keeping. But if it's light litrpg, most of the time the older skills are forgotten anyway. You can just have stat sheets and keep adding whatever to them and no one cares because that's not the point of the story. Usually, if there's a gimmick, that's about all there is to it.

Then there are heavy or crunchy litrpg systems - game mechanics matter and calculations matter a lot. Think of those hardcore MMORPG players who have calculations on min maxing stats and all that.

For the webnovel world, RR, SH, Webnovel.com, etc., light systems are the best. Most people don't even play RPGs to a level that they'd appreciate calculations or game mechanics beyond basic ones. But there are specific niches that like heavy calculations. I think there are crowds in KU who appreciate those more.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
There are two ways for litrpg systems. Just the light systems and the heavy systems.

Light could be something like Overlord. Like is someone seriously keeping track of the numbers there? Does anyone even care?

Yes and Yes. The author actually was rather good at keeping track of the metamagic levels on spells. It's clear that the overlord is using the epic rule set and has over level 9 spells, but only for the purpose of spells that have been pushed over 9 with metamagic feats.