Little rant

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Once again, the one-star ratings are allowed to strike from the shadows of comforting anonymity. They come and go as they please, leaving no traces in their path of destruction than their mere presence and the annoying absence of any feedback. Negative ratings are just there because the spineless cowards have not even the balls to tell me straight up into my face that my story is shit. :blob_evil_two:

Really annoying, I can't roast them, burn them at a stake, and call them moronic imbeciles with a literary understanding equal to an amoeba. All because they can't be held accountable. Annoying. :blob_catflip:

Last edited:

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
This is an inherent flaw with any rating system whether they be likes, upvotes or stars and unfortunetly the only way to avoid this problem is to not use on at all

Assurbanipal_II

This is an inherent flaw with any rating system whether they be likes, upvotes or stars and unfortunetly the only way to avoid this problem is to not use on at all

Not it is an issue when you can't see who gave it. :blob_hide: This is an issue not of rating, but of accountability.

Assurbanipal_II

The 1-star rating is "I don't like it," and the 5-star is "I like it."

End of discussion. They aren't the definitive proof that your story sucks, and it's not that your story is good, either.

Now go back to writing.

Why the fuck I should I care what you have to say? :blob_evil_two:

Who made you the thought police who can say end of the discussion?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Once again, the one-star ratings are allowed to strike from the shadows of comforting anonymity. They come and go as they please, leaving no traces in their path of destruction than their mere presence and the annoying absence of any feedback. Negative ratings are just there because the spineless cowards have not even the balls to tell me straight up into my face that my story is shit. :blob_evil_two:

Really annoying, I can't roast them, burn them at a stake, and call them moronic imbeciles with a literary understanding equal to an amoeba. All because they can't be held accountable. Annoying. :blob_catflip:
Your story is shit.

#haventreadit

Assurbanipal_II

Never said you should care though.

Hm, who makes you the judge who can conclude that "you - many here on scribblehub - understand nothing"?

You made an authoritative statement first and now you engage in classic diversion tactics. And please, at least cite me correctly and don't forget the "I concluded" that preceded my words. :blob_evil_two:

JayDirex

I hear you loud and clear, as a fellow writer I take it very personally

and I don't want to hear any bullshit about "people have different opinions and may not like your story" that is EPIC BS!!!

I do not write one star content garbage, so there is no reason for me to ever have one star on any story on scribble hub!!!

when someone drives by and gives me a 1-star rating it makes my story look bad when you land on my page and see low ratings.

The one stars are literally just trolls going around doing that.

I have an opinion on it and it's just mine I can't ask any website to do it. but I say give the benefit of the doubt to the author. and if anybody wants to give a rating lower than three stars they have to explain it. no longer do they have the right to just click three stars 2 stars, or 1 star. if they want to click that troll button they have to explain in so many characters why this story deserves one star.

This way a new reader can read why a story has one star. instead of giving trolls the right to trash stories on their whims. We author's work really hard for our stories we don't need drive by trolls throwing a one star on it because they're trolls.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
You made an authoritative statement first and now you engage in classic diversion tactics. And please, at least cite me correctly and don't forget the "I concluded" that preceded my words. :blob_evil_two:
No idea why my authoritative statement matters to our discussion.

Not sure where did I cite you incorrectly? Grammatically, I did it correctly. I even copy-pasted your stuff word by word.

Assurbanipal_II

I hear you loud and clear, as a fellow writer I take it very personally

and I don't want to hear any bullshit about "people have different opinions and may not like your story" that is EPIC BS!!!

I do not write one star content garbage, so there is no reason for me to ever have one star on any story on scribble hub!!!

when someone drives by and gives me a 1-star rating it makes my story look bad when you land on my page and see low ratings.

The one stars are literally just trolls going around doing that.

I have an opinion on it and it's just mine I can't ask any website to do it. but I say give the benefit of the doubt to the author. and if anybody wants to give a rating lower than three stars they have to explain it. no longer do they have the right to just click three stars 2 stars, or 1 star. if they want to click that troll button they have to explain in so many characters why this story deserves one star.

This way a new reader can read why a story has one star. instead of giving trolls the right to trash stories on their whims. We author's work really hard for our stories we don't need drive by trolls throwing a one star on it because they're trolls.

Amen, brother, sister, whatever. 2 stars are fine, Imao. They make it clear enough that they dislike the story, but why 1 star? That is the equivalent of saying you are trash. After all, it is the lowest you can give for a reason. Otherwise, there would be - 1 to - 5.

Assurbanipal_II

No idea why my authoritative statement matters to our discussion.

Not sure where did I cite you incorrectly? Grammatically, I did it correctly. I even copy-pasted your stuff word by word.

You said verbatim, " End of discussion." Is that how you approach a discussion? Concluding it already before it even started.

And, no, you cut out that I concluded part, making it seem like I made a statement of fact instead of showing that it is merely a subjective conclusion.

In media, this is called false and tendentious quoting and punishable by law. I could sue you for defamation if you published this in a newspaper. :blob_evil_two:

Assurbanipal_II

Idk man why can't you handle a one star if you're confident enough with your story you could just treat em like trolls under a bridge and cross it. Why you gotta let em live rent free in your head?

Pretending, it doesn't hurt, doesn't help. Indifference is not a solution for me. If I don't like it how it is now, I don't see why I shouldn't advocate the change of the system instead of claiming everything is fine and status quo infallible.

And ranting helps to let off steam. ^^