Looking for a Beta reader for a Hybrid/Vampire/Littrpg setting. (80% plot, 20% smut)

Bitter-Enigma

Hey there,

As the title says, I am looking for a Beta reader to give my story a go.

Summary: The story follows a young, small-statured pickpocket as he gets caught up in a world of the supernatural, with him becoming an agent of Chaos whilst taking advantage and struggling with his supernatural afflictions. It’s a story about an often overlooked and underestimated man as he claws his way to total dominance.
(Dude gets Vampire/Werewolf/Mage/Demon essence in his system over time)

-Slow burn: No instant Chad by chapter 4.
-Elements of Littrpg.
-Cursewords.
-Adult/NSFW scenes are placed into smaller side chapters (Example: So alongside normal chapter 12, you get a NSFW filled chapter 12A), allowing a reader to skip those without fear of missing out on the plot/not wanting to see a particular scene.
-Male lead.

I’ve currently got 16 Chapters ready, all between 1000 and 2000 words. I haven’t uploaded it here, yet because I wanted an opinion on it before hand. So, I’ve got it all in a Google doc document.

I’m mostly looking for a fresh set of eyes on this. Is it entertaining? Is the writing decent? Things you like/hate, etc. I’m fairly confident in what I have written thus far, but I don’t have anyone in my immediate circle to give it a read (Seeing as it contains NSFW scenes).

The link below contains a few chapters to give a glimpse of what to expect.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16eGzAqmYsYk-w6-VGWXg2dA7jpHk3Nar?usp=share_link

I'm willing to swap!

Last edited:

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
You could put a comment-access link here.
People not willing to work with you long term might still have valuable things to say about your chapters as of now, and at least I myself would not be too keen on having to announce my assistance before knowing whether I can or want to help based on the writing from a beta-reader side of things either.

The active forum is a minuscule fraction of the main site readership so I think you shouldn't lose much of your fresh start if it is available here a few days earlier, if that was your reason for not putting the piece up to begin with.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Hi, I'm interested to swap and be each other's beta reader.

I have two illustrated series without many available chapters yet (4 chapters for one, 2 chapters for the other) and I estimate them to be the equivalent of 500 words each.

I'll send a private message with the details, but you can start with sending me few chapters to check if my beta reader feedback fits your expectations. I can read smut btw.

Bitter-Enigma

You could put a comment-access link here.
People not willing to work with you long term might still have valuable things to say about your chapters as of now, and at least I myself would not be too keen on having to announce my assistance before knowing whether I can or want to help based on the writing from a beta-reader side of things either.

The active forum is a minuscule fraction of the main site readership so I think you shouldn't lose much of your fresh start if it is available here a few days earlier, if that was your reason for not putting the piece up to begin with.
Good call. I’m a bit of a private person, so I figured most people would prefer PM as well.
The link below contains a few chapters to give a glimpse of what to expect.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16eGzAqmYsYk-w6-VGWXg2dA7jpHk3Nar?usp=share_link