Looking for Artist Looking for a Cover Artist (Complete)

Aetheo

As basically all authors are, yes?
Specifically what I want is someone who's willing to put up with my being an ongoing, extremely strange perfectionist.
I will be paying- minimum $20USD with a maximum that might be more responsible not to say (but is more than triple that). Because it seems that line was misinterpretable: I will pay no less than $20, with a negotiable maximum that is over $60.
This cover would be for Metagame, on any site where it's posted and I want it to
  1. Not contain any character images, preferably- and if you have some particular idea that would need a character, it would need to be all seven of the primary characters. None of them are the "main" character overall, after all
  2. Have both the title and author name be clearly readable
  3. Give some kind of indication of what the actual story is: for reference, it's primarily a character drama/healing from trauma story with a bit of coming-of-age and sci-fi, pretending to be an action serial set in and around a VRMOBA
  4. Not contain copyrighted materials not owned by at least the one producing the art. I'd love not to include this one, but I've had issues with this in the past.
I don't want to waste anyone's time, of course, but I'm having difficulty coming up with a cover that "fits" that, and have been currently thinking about an image of an in-story, multi-layered menu on some sort of electronic device, tilted off the canvas before much is readable, over a nature-y background. It isn't a "hard" idea, and if you come up with something better and pitch it I will likely very quickly jump on it.

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I’m confused.
Not contain copyrighted materials not owned by at least the one producing the art. I'd love not to include this one, but I've had issues with this in the past.
So you want a photo manipulation with stock images that are license free for commercial use afterwards?
an image of an in-story, multi-layered menu on some sort of electronic device, tilted off the canvas before much is readable, over a nature-y background
So you want concept art of a nature scene?
And what exactly do you mean by electronic device? (´・ω・`) Me curious

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I've found most of my artists on DeviantArt. You can browse different styles and find one that sings to you. If you post a thread in the DA forum, you'll get a flood of portfolios to look through.

Aetheo

you want a lot for $20 heh heh :blob_cookie:
Was the post not clear that my budget was over $60? I thought it was. I'm often not as direct as I should be about that. The actual number is even higher than that, really, but I wasn't planning on saying it directly. I was saying I would be willing to pay no less than $20 for that kind of work. I'm a little insulted that you'd think that, actually, but I'll chalk it up to people being ludicrous about their pricing wants.

And to be more clear, I'm phrasing it like that because I've commissioned work for higher prices that never got delivered before, and at this point anyone who can deliver something I like for a price point I can afford would be ideal. Those (partial payments) were refunded, luckily, but when I say "not delivered" I don't mean "I wasn't happy with the product" I mean "not delivered". "Over $60" here means if you can set a price point, have example work you can point to, and then work with me, that number can go up, and easily so.
I’m confused.

So you want a photo manipulation with stock images that are license free for commercial use afterwards?

So you want concept art of a nature scene?
And what exactly do you mean by electronic device? (´・ω・`) Me curious
Photo manipulation would be fine, so long as ownership of anything used was clear for the artist and myself to use. Absolutely not a requirement, though.
The electronic device here was nonspecific, given the sci-fi elements. it could be a phone, tablet, essentially a screen with no border, etc. Depends on what looks good more than anything that makes sense. Specifically, given that the implication in-story would be that it's an image from one of the world's VR "desktops", the device wouldn't even need to actually be a device, or anything that could work in reality. Same with the background, though every main character's "desktop" is a strange combination of something subdued with something radically larger than life.
As far as concept art goes: I don't need anything in re: actual art until an actual commission is working, so long as whoever's talking has a catalog I can look at beforehand. If someone has a better idea and can just type out a few sentences about that, that's okay too.

Last edited:

Aetheo

I've found most of my artists on DeviantArt. You can browse different styles and find one that sings to you. If you post a thread in the DA forum, you'll get a flood of portfolios to look through.
I've tried DA before, to frighteningly mixed results. Under a different pseudonym, for a different (now complete) project, but I've done it before. It may even be what I end up doing again in this case, but given my luck with this kind of thing it's fairly likely that will end up a disaster again. Not that that's likely to stop me, to be fair... but I did want to take a shot here instead of setting up account number two to keep my projects apart.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Specifically what I want is someone who's willing to put up with my being an ongoing, extremely strange perfectionist.
I will be paying- minimum $20USD with a maximum that might be more responsible not to say (but is more than triple that). Because it seems that line was misinterpretable: I will pay no less than $20, with a negotiable maximum that is over $60.
This cover would be for Metagame, on any site where it's posted and I want it to
  1. Not contain any character images, preferably- and if you have some particular idea that would need a character, it would need to be all seven of the primary characters. None of them are the "main" character overall, after all
  3. Give some kind of indication of what the actual story is: for reference, it's primarily a character drama/healing from trauma story with a bit of coming-of-age and sci-fi, pretending to be an action serial set in and around a VRMOBA
  4. Not contain copyrighted materials not owned by at least the one producing the art. I'd love not to include this one, but I've had issues with this in the past.
I don't want to waste anyone's time, of course, but I'm having difficulty coming up with a cover that "fits" that, and have been currently thinking about an image of an in-story, multi-layered menu on some sort of electronic device, tilted off the canvas before much is readable, over a nature-y background. It isn't a "hard" idea, and if you come up with something better and pitch it I will likely very quickly jump on it.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Sushi doesn’t do background that much. She’s character based so she doesn’t fit the criteria.

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
What kind of background do you want? Or do you just want an environment piece?

D

Deleted member 29316

What do you think?

(Just a proposal...)
Cover Metagame (100 px).jpg

Aetheo

I actually like that quite a bit, though with a bunch of changes-
  • the grass is nice, but doesn't match up with its shadow, That's not terribly important, but my eyes get drawn to it too quickly, specifically below '-game'
  • The menu would need to be more like
    • Find a Game
    • History
    • Test Grounds
    • Ability Sets
    • Friends
    • Modify Desktop
    • Menu Options
    • Logout
  • I'd prefer a lighter, near-white text on a dark background with a sharper font, with a border more likely than a drop shadow

Aetheo

Could you remove these specific shadows and change the font for the title and author name to something less chunky? Also, probably DM me about payment.

Attachments

• Cover Metagame 2 (100 px).jpg
    Cover Metagame 2 (100 px).jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 69
D

Deleted member 29316

Let's get your cover done first, before talking about the payment. Don't worry about it, I don't charge expensively.

Cover Metagame 4 (100 px).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheo

Let's get your cover done first, before talking about the payment. Don't worry about it, I don't charge expensively.

View attachment 6116
all I want now is the shadows that weren't inside the red circle back. It was specifically just the ones over the author name that I couldn't see where they were coming from that I didn't like.

D

Deleted member 29316

all I want now is the shadows that weren't inside the red circle back. It was specifically just the ones over the author name that I couldn't see where they were coming from that I didn't like.
But the font is okay with you?

D

Deleted member 29316

This one?

COM - Metagame (100 px).jpg

I also made one with sepia filter, for the more 'feels' of the cover.

COM - Metagame (Sepia - 100 px).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 29316

Yeah the font's okay. I'd be fine with the first one, or a filter like the one you put on the second but at 25% strength
I'll give you both.

Just PM me your email, and I'd send you the print and web versions of both files.