Looking for an Artist.

QueenMommy

I'm searching for someone with really great art skills. If you would like please submit a portfolio of your best arts in this post. If I find your art to my liking then I will be sure to send a message to let you know that I wish for us to work together.
If your art goes well with what I'm looking for than we can talk prices and deadlines. This is also long term, thanks to LinXueLian I'm able to portray what I meant a whole lot better

Looking for artist

Experience in drawing manga/ has knowledge in creating manga
Art skills have to be impressive/I mean impressive enough to a degree
This is a team work project

I really want to work on Queen Mira's Rule the most. Whoever choose to work with me will have freedom as an artist and will also be able to add their own ideas.

Genres I write: Isekai, Shoujo, Fantasy, Romance, Action, Kingdom building, etc.

Novels I'm working on

Queen Mira’s Rule | Scribble Hub

This Time I will Play the Villainess | Scribble Hub

Here's my facebook for those who wish to know me

Demitri Brown | Facebook

Last edited:

bloodyWriter

Who is paying weekly? What is that even supposed to mean? If someone puts in one hour per week will he get paid?
As far as I can see it, mangaka are paid by page:
Most mangaka are paid by the magazine that publishes their work, and this payment is usually calculated by the page, with an average price per page at around $107. However, this can be as little as $27 for a new mangaka right up to $450 per page for the most experienced and popular mangaka.
Not gonna lie, your offer seems kind of sketchy.
Also the price will go up if the manga becomes famous
And whoever does the manga also gets a lot of exposure as a bonus?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yeah, $50 is typically going to get you one illustration. If you're fine with one illustration per week, it will take a long time to get your manga finished. You might consider doing a chaptered story and getting one illustration per chapter. That's how I've been doing it for my story . . . when I have enough money to pay artists, that is.

QueenMommy

I'm sorry if this is what you think. I do know. It's just what I can do for now I'd offer more if I could. There is no deadline or anything like that at the moment. I know giving more makes more sense. But if you haven't realized it is the pandemic right now, I have two kids and this amount is what I can pull from my boyfriend who's checks will be small for right now. If the first suggestion makes sense then I'm fine with that as well.
I guess I could save money and offer a larger amount though, so I'm not even going to get upset about your jab.
So if there is an artist, I'll ask how much would they rather get paid for creating a chapter a week.
What amount would make sense to those who knows how it is?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
You obviously have no idea how much work goes into making manga.
Truth always hits the hardest.
Please read my novels before submitting character design.
Also submit what the first chapter may look like
:blob_awkward: Um, not everyone has the time to read through 20k words just to make a page draft or character design for free.
I would like to judge them and if I like it I'll hire you as my manga artist for 50 dollars a week.
I assume you're searching for someone to make a project for fun? :blob_evil_two: Cause smut manga will be hard to monetize unless the artist has a huge fanbase already.
So if there is an artist, I'll ask how much would they rather get paid for creating a chapter a week.
:blob_blank: Make it a page per week at most please. A chapter a week is full-time shounen magazine slaving...

Last edited:

QueenMommy

Truth always hits the hardest.

:blob_awkward: Um, not everyone has the time to read through 20k words just to make a page draft or character design for free. At le

I assume you're searching for someone to make a project for fun? :blob_evil_two: Cause smut manga will be hard to monetize unless the artist has a huge fanbase already.

:blob_blank: Make it a page per week at most please. A chapter a week is full-time shounen magazine slaving...
Thank you for your input. I'm glad I got some feedback for this.

I will make it a page per week since that made the most sense to the ones who sent their opinions about all this. I am new to this forum and a fairly new writer. Also there's not that much smut. Mostly just shower scenes and random flashing, things like that.
Who is paying weekly? What is that even supposed to mean? If someone puts in one hour per week will he get paid?
As far as I can see it, mangaka are paid by page:

Not gonna lie, your offer seems kind of sketchy.

And whoever does the manga also gets a lot of exposure as a bonus?
Well I can't say I'm not sketchy, like anyone would believe that, but I would definitely make sure that whoever joins me get exposure and hopefully I can start contributing more money. I'm not that kind of person to not credit work where it's due. Also I agree immensely with what your saying about how much a person should be paid. Which is why this is just a post. I like knowing more about this. And I am quite lenient at most, but I'm more looking for those who understands my situation more than those who want to not be serious in all this .

Like I said I know how it is and how much work it takes. I'm a person who's paying bills and taking care of kids just like half the population. You don't have to do it if you don't wish.
If there is someone out there looking to get their art out there at the same time as I'm trying to make my story into a manga then that's great for the both of us.
And if there isn't anyone than that's just the way it is, right?
By the way I don't mind the critiques, as a matter of fact opinions are something I love hearing the most. I wouldn't get mad about the truth in anyway.
I'm pretty sure there are artist out there willing to negotiate with me, I'll work with anyone who's fine with making money.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

I'm sorry if this is what you think. I do know. It's just what I can do for now I'd offer more if I could. There is no deadline or anything like that at the moment. I know giving more makes more sense. But if you haven't realized it is the pandemic right now, I have two kids and this amount is what I can pull from my boyfriend who's checks will be small for right now. If the first suggestion makes sense then I'm fine with that as well.
I guess I could save money and offer a larger amount though, so I'm not even going to get upset about your jab.
What amount would make sense to those who knows how it is?
Get more boyfriends!

QueenMommy

Get more boyfriends!
I'm sorry this made me laugh so hard it took me a while to reply to this. But I love my boyfriend too much for that. Thank you for the laugh by the way. Also I'm starting to get some artist request in my messages.

Some willing to work for free. Not that I'd totally not pay them!

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Like people said you will never get a full manga for that price but some illustrations are totally doable. Me, I never bother. If there is a character design i like that fits a scene, i just show readers that.
Hell sometimes I would see a great artwork and just write a whole chapter based on that, so that i can use jt.
I recall finding a really cool pic of this one guy sitting on a throne with a sword by his side and so I made a chapter where the MC is sitting on a throne too, going "off with his head!" Because at that time he was purging heretics.
Anyway yeah. If I see cool pics around I usually just show readers that.
If I see pics that match my idea of what my characters look like, I share those too especially.

QueenMommy

Like people said you will never get a full manga for that price but some illustrations are totally doable. Me, I never bother. If there is a character design i like that fits a scene, i just show readers that.
Hell sometimes I would see a great artwork and just write a whole chapter based on that, so that i can use jt.
I recall finding a really cool pic of this one guy sitting on a throne with a sword by his side and so I made a chapter where the MC is sitting on a throne too, going "off with his head!" Because at that time he was purging heretics.
Anyway yeah. If I see cool pics around I usually just show readers that.
If I see pics that match my idea of what my characters look like, I share those too especially.
Oooh, what a neat way to get something done, but I rather it be art that shows someone's artistic ability to show something new.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Artistic ability is not particularly displayed well in manga format. At least not when the focus is on storytelling. Manga pages will in most cases have simplified art style. Ofc they can be artistically awesome, but then it will take longer…

moeforsushi

Why do you even want to adapt your novels to manga? I gather that you don't have much money to spare, and believe me there won't be any return any time soon. Not to mention that a reasonable price for what you are looking for is way more than 50$. Your novels have 20 000 words combined, I would assume that would be enough for at most 3-4 manga chapters, btw. I haven't read any of your work, so I can't tell for sure.

In general, it looks like a bad idea to me. At first, I thought you were trolling, because of how out of touch with reality (in regards to manga making, etc.) you were.

If you are actually serious, then it would be better to educate yourself about the topic before doing anything. Unless you are doing it for fun and don't expect anything in return.

QueenMommy

Why do you even want to adapt your novels to manga? I gather that you don't have much money to spare, and believe me there won't be any return any time soon. Not to mention that a reasonable price for what you are looking for is way more than 50$. Your novels have 20 000 words combined, I would assume that would be enough for at most 3-4 manga chapters, btw. I haven't read any of your work, so I can't tell for sure.

In general, it looks like a bad idea to me. At first, I thought you were trolling, because of how out of touch with reality (in regards to manga making, etc.) you were.

If you are actually serious, then it would be better to educate yourself about the topic before doing anything. Unless you are doing it for fun and don't expect anything in return.
I don't expect anything in return. And I am doing this for fun, the idea of a novel coming to life is one of my hopeful dreams. Though if somehow it ends up becoming popular with a contract than it does. But I just want someone to work together with, A person with art skills for that matter and great imagination. I rather a small team than me all by myself. Also, I'm really just someone who's looking to meet new people as well. You try being a single mother who does nothing but stay at home and write. Why is that so crazy? I'm normal and sensitive with huge dreams, nothing wrong with that. Instead I get called a troll just because of this.
Wouldn't that make the ones who try to see this for more than what it is the ones who are trolls? I'm genuinely just a nice person trying to find an artist willing to draw one of my stories. It's up to the artist to choose which novel they want to help adapt. That's about it, it doesn't have to be both.
So can you guys cut me some slack and can an artist check out my story first and then decide on how they want to do this? Like I said I'm willing to compromise. Read the thread before commenting.
Also I draw as well...And I'm the type of artist who can draw really well. I know the pains of being an artist. I ask for someone good at drawing anime because I'm more into drawing based on life or I can draw something if I can see it. Well it depends. So please don't think I don't understand the pains of it. I also did my research on mangaka artist prices, I get it so if you're looking to have fun and make a little money than this is for you. If not then like I said we can move along.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

I'm sorry this made me laugh so hard it took me a while to reply to this. But I love my boyfriend too much for that. Thank you for the laugh by the way. Also I'm starting to get some artist request in my messages.

Some willing to work for free. Not that I'd totally not pay them!
Well, as long as you're happy with your kid-to-boyfriend ratio, I guess that's what matters. Personally, my situation is the opposite: one kid and two boyfriends. My husband likes one of my boyfriends better than the other because he thinks that boyfriend is more financially stable. Personally, I love both equally, but for different reasons. However, my boyfriends don't live with us, so I haven't seen either of them since the pandemic started.

QueenMommy

Well, as long as you're happy with your kid-to-boyfriend ratio, I guess that's what matters. Personally, my situation is the opposite: one kid and two boyfriends. My husband likes one of my boyfriends better than the other because he thinks that boyfriend is more financially stable. Personally, I love both equally, but for different reasons. However, my boyfriends don't live with us, so I haven't seen either of them since the pandemic started.
same here...I totally don't judge at all.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Please read my novels before submitting character.

Also submit what the first page may look like/changed earlier sentence
Oh dear. I see everyone disputing the prices, but you might want to change this bit all-in-all because it can accidentally get you a bit of a bad rep. :sweat_smile:

We don't particularly do draft characters for submissions by reading a whole novel first. As a requestor, it's probably best for you to create a short outline or character profile (a couple, if you want to have more for the hired artist to select from). Even then, it isn't something an illustrator would do since it smells like coercing someone into designing you something free. You could easily take their hard work without paying and show them to other artists you've hired to make their version of it, you see. Some people have already done that to the more naive, younger artists.

An illustrator would usually submit a portfolio to show their range of abilities, not draft you a character based on your specs. It's from this portfolio of theirs that you select who to work with you.

I hope this helps somewhat. I can see from your subsequent posts that you're genuine about paying and hiring - you don't want to look like a troll or a scammer.

Alternatively, if you're good at drawing from life, consider making comics based on realistic art! That'd be pretty interesting in its own light, full of your own flavour :blob_melt:

Good luck!!

QueenMommy

Oh dear. I see everyone disputing the prices, but you might want to change this bit all-in-all because it can accidentally get you a bit of a bad rep. :sweat_smile:

We don't particularly do draft characters for submissions by reading a whole novel first. As a requestor, it's probably best for you to create a short outline or character profile (a couple, if you want to have more for the hired artist to select from). Even then, it isn't something an illustrator would do since it smells like coercing someone into designing you something free. You could easily take their hard work without paying and show them to other artists you've hired to make their version of it, you see. Some people have already done that to the more naive, younger artists.

An illustrator would usually submit a portfolio to show their range of abilities, not draft you a character based on your specs. It's from this portfolio of theirs that you select who to work with you.

I hope this helps somewhat. I can see from your subsequent posts that you're genuine about paying and hiring - you don't want to look like a troll or a scammer.

Alternatively, if you're good at drawing from life, consider making comics based on realistic art! That'd be pretty interesting in its own light, full of your own flavour :blob_melt:

Good luck!!
Oh my Gosh Thank you. Wholesome and honest opinions was what I was looking for! And this was a lot of help, I also enjoy Bl novels by the way!

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Oh my Gosh Thank you. Wholesome and honest opinions was what I was looking for! And this was a lot of help, I also enjoy Bl novels by the way!
Aww no problem! I suppose everyone here just got kinda aggro because a lot of artists online were made use of or cheated. :sweat_smile: People can get quite protective of them.

You can try tweaking your request and see if it gets you more interested parties. But I am very sure a good number have already messaged you personally!

Oooh! So glad you enjoy BL novels too! If you're into BL, consider joining BL Palace. The people are quite friendly!

I don't draw manga anymore but if you have male characters from original BL cultivation novels of your own, feel free to share them. If I have time I can take a gander at them and see if there's anything I can do. No promises though. :sweat_smile:

.... Maybe I should make a thread for it? Hmmm.... :blob_frown: not many BL writers here so....

QueenMommy

Aww no problem! I suppose everyone here just got kinda aggro because a lot of artists online were made use of or cheated. :sweat_smile: People can get quite protective of them.

You can try tweaking your request and see if it gets you more interested parties. But I am very sure a good number have already messaged you personally!

Oooh! So glad you enjoy BL novels too! If you're into BL, consider joining BL Palace. The people are quite friendly!

I don't draw manga anymore but if you have male characters from original BL cultivation novels of your own, feel free to share them. If I have time I can take a gander at them and see if there's anything I can do. No promises though. :sweat_smile:

.... Maybe I should make a thread for it? Hmmm.... :blob_frown: not many BL writers here so....
I have several profiles. 1 is already following Bl_palace. I use this one to write mostly shoujo/Isekai novels and the other one to write Bl novels.