Looking for beta readers

• Thread starter Deleted member 60025
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 60025

Hi :)

So, recently, I've finished a book. It was a simple, but fun one, and I got a few, but absolutely amazing readers from this book. So I want to write more, and I want to give them my best! But I can't ask them to be my beta readers, because I want these few people to enjoy the story, not work for it. Is anyone there willing to read my prologue (and perhaps a little more?) and answer a few questions, and give an opinion on it? More about the book below! :D

Genres: action, fantasy, power fantasy, drama, gore. It does NOT contain sexually explicit scenes, and I believe extreme violence shall be the most triggering thing about the story.
Story: It's about an amnesiac boy in a magic school, but he does NOT want his memories back, and instead of a principal, the school is led by a council of mages with conflicting interests... and, perhaps, different plans for the mysterious, but powerful boy? (not the actual synopsis, haven't written one yet '-')

Thank you!

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Hi :)

So, recently, I've finished a book. It was a simple, but fun one, and I got a few, but absolutely amazing readers from this book. So I want to write more, and I want to give them my best! But I can't ask them to be my beta readers, because I want these few people to enjoy the story, not work for it. Is anyone there willing to read my prologue (and perhaps a little more?) and answer a few questions, and give an opinion on it? More about the book below! :D

Genres: action, fantasy, power fantasy, drama, gore. It does NOT contain sexually explicit scenes, and I believe extreme violence shall be the most triggering thing about the story.
Story: It's about an amnesiac boy in a magic school, but he does NOT want his memories back, and instead of a principal, the school is led by a council of mages with conflicting interests... and, perhaps, different plans for the mysterious, but powerful boy? (not the actual synopsis, haven't written one yet '-')

Thank you!
How long is the book?

D

Deleted member 60025

How long is the book?
Thank you for answering!
If you're talking about the finished book, it's 150k words, but it's a very niche type of book, and I'm trying to distance myself from that type of content, somewhat. The prologue of my new story is just around 6k words, however, are you interested in checking it? :)
If there are beta readers, are ongoing web novels nothing more than early access stories? :blob_hmm_two:
Haha, I prefer to see web novels as something like a "weekly/monthly serialized book", like a manga or something? As in: the periodically published chapters are not "unfinished" or "unpolished", but how the fiction is supposed to be consumed.
...So, interested in checking the prologue?

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Thank you for answering!
If you're talking about the finished book, it's 150k words, but it's a very niche type of book, and I'm trying to distance myself from that type of content, somewhat. The prologue of my new story is just around 6k words, however, are you interested in checking it? :)

Haha, I prefer to see web novels as something like a "weekly/monthly serialized book", like a manga or something? As in: the periodically published chapters are not "unfinished" or "unpolished", but how the fiction is supposed to be consumed.
...So, interested in checking the prologue?
What’s the niche lol