Looking for experienced Dungeon Master's for online rpg like D&D

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
If you are a Dungeon Master in games like d&d or such please reply

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Yes.
I haven’t played in a year and I am literally dying. My schedule is vastly different from everyone’s so it’s hard to play! :’(

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
What module do you all want to use? I’m familiar with DND 5E, it’s easy for beginners. I’m also semi familiar with FATE and Call of Cthulhu. I would need to brush up on my rulebooks for 7E. I’ll try to see what my schedule looks like; I’ve been swamped with work and other stuff for family. Can’t guarantee anything long term unfortunately. Maybe a one shot or two at best.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
What module do you all want to use? I’m familiar with DND 5E, it’s easy for beginners. I’m also semi familiar with FATE and Call of Cthulhu. I would need to brush up on my rulebooks for 7E. I’ll try to see what my schedule looks like; I’ve been swamped with work and other stuff for family. Can’t guarantee anything long term unfortunately. Maybe a one shot or two at best.
thats fine 5e is good this is a custom game so

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
plus most of us are total noobs

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
thats fine 5e is good this is a custom game so
what level were you all wanting to start at? Level 1 or want something at level 5? I’d recommend starting lower level so that the feats and class actions aren’t too overwhelming. I’ve run through many campaigns with new players. The only trouble I’ve run into is game lawyering.

** Edit: Forgot to ask, did you all want to run through Roll20, discord...? I’m not too proficient in Roll20, but I’ll try my best

Darthclem

I could join either helping dm or playing. I am free most times of any day except night time. I have a fair amount of experience using roll20 so I might be able to help.

Plus a fair amount of experience in dming and playing although I am not great at either.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
what level were you all wanting to start at? Level 1 or want something at level 5? I’d recommend starting lower level so that the feats and class actions aren’t too overwhelming. I’ve run through many campaigns with new players. The only trouble I’ve run into is game lawyering.

** Edit: Forgot to ask, did you all want to run through Roll20, discord...? I’m not too proficient in Roll20, but I’ll try my best
alright if you have time friday we will play then.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
I could join either helping dm or playing. I am free most times of any day except night time. I have a fair amount of experience using roll20 so I might be able to help.

Plus a fair amount of experience in dming and playing although I am not great at either.
if you have time friday we will play then

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
EDIT****
I just went back to the beginning of this thread, and noticed the Title of the Thread. You stated: ONLINE RPG like D&D. Which means I misread that and I’m dumb for not recognizing it for what it was. Oof. That’s my bad.
I just woke up to be honest. Hahaha

I think I’m going to need more clarification on what exactly you linked me to in the forum. Typically Dungeon Masters do not create a character for themselves. That sounds like a bad choice and limits the impartiality that dungeon masters or game masters should have.

It also sounds as if you‘ve created the game already and have a general idea of what the world will be like; as well as the story. I know some games of DND can be run within forums, however it relies heavily upon trust and believing in the players to roll appropriately. DND 5E revolves around a set of dice (D20, 2 D10’s, D8, D6, & D4). That’s how you roll out your stats and create a character. I guess I’m used to playing DND in a group setting where everyone is present [whether on discord, in person, or Roll20] where in a matter of seconds the players can tell the dungeon master what they would like to do. It’s possible to do that here, but once again that sounds like what a 3 hour session will turn into a 6 hour session due to the wait times between EACH player interaction. The DM should be fair to all their players allowing each of them to respond first before moving on into the action. The same thing applies when you go into a combative situation or ability check. If no one has the time to reply back then you run into a wall which then leads to inactivity and then a thread death because people lost interest.

—> This is exactly what you want. I’m dumb for not recognizing it.
What it sounds like is you want someone to MODERATE the story forum that you’ve created with a God character, and not something that will involve the actual play of Dungeons and Dragons. This thread really set my hopes up and then let me crash and burn quickly. Ooof. :blob_shock: You should really consider editing your first post to explain what it is you’re wanting. The Post Thread is incredibly misleading. I honestly thought someone wanted a DM to set up dates for actual play through discord or Roll20. I guess that’s my fault for assuming.

I would recommend, if you haven’t already, for resources about DND5E if you’re really interested. There are some excellent resources on YouTube such as DM/GM Tips, Hand booker Helper [CR], Don’t Stop Thinking YouTube, A Crap Guide to...
The Crap Guide to series is more of a parody and quite funny. My brother and I watch it for giggles. You sound as if you know how to play D&D so just ignore my advice. I’m dumb.

On that note, sorry I’m going to have to pass on the invitation. I appreciate it though. It just sounds like way too much work than necessary, and I’m swamped as it is with work.

Last edited:

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
EDIT****
I just went back to the beginning of this thread, and noticed the Title of the Thread. You stated: ONLINE RPG like D&D. Which means I misread that and I’m dumb for not recognizing it for what it was. Oof. That’s my bad.
I just woke up to be honest. Hahaha

I think I’m going to need more clarification on what exactly you linked me to in the forum. Typically Dungeon Masters do not create a character for themselves. That sounds like a bad choice and limits the impartiality that dungeon masters or game masters should have.

It also sounds as if you‘ve created the game already and have a general idea of what the world will be like; as well as the story. I know some games of DND can be run within forums, however it relies heavily upon trust and believing in the players to roll appropriately. DND 5E revolves around a set of dice (D20, 2 D10’s, D8, D6, & D4). That’s how you roll out your stats and create a character. I guess I’m used to playing DND in a group setting where everyone is present [whether on discord, in person, or Roll20] where in a matter of seconds the players can tell the dungeon master what they would like to do. It’s possible to do that here, but once again that sounds like what a 3 hour session will turn into a 6 hour session due to the wait times between EACH player interaction. The DM should be fair to all their players allowing each of them to respond first before moving on into the action. The same thing applies when you go into a combative situation or ability check. If no one has the time to reply back then you run into a wall which then leads to inactivity and then a thread death because people lost interest.

—> This is exactly what you want. I’m dumb for not recognizing it.
What it sounds like is you want someone to MODERATE the story forum that you’ve created with a God character, and not something that will involve the actual play of Dungeons and Dragons. This thread really set my hopes up and then let me crash and burn quickly. Ooof. :blob_shock: You should really consider editing your first post to explain what it is you’re wanting. The Post Thread is incredibly misleading. I honestly thought someone wanted a DM to set up dates for actual play through discord or Roll20. I guess that’s my fault for assuming.

I would recommend, if you haven’t already, for resources about DND5E if you’re really interested. There are some excellent resources on YouTube such as DM/GM Tips, Hand booker Helper [CR], Don’t Stop Thinking YouTube, A Crap Guide to...
The Crap Guide to series is more of a parody and quite funny. My brother and I watch it for giggles. You sound as if you know how to play D&D so just ignore my advice. I’m dumb.

On that note, sorry I’m going to have to pass on the invitation. I appreciate it though. It just sounds like way too much work than necessary, and I’m swamped as it is with work.
i do sorry about that I do want a dm and im trying to play it like D&D so sorry but I would still like if you could dm and I was planning to play the game over a google meet so not on a forum

Darthclem

Yes what do you want to be custom? I thought it was just a theme more than anything else.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Yes what do you want to be custom? I thought it was just a theme more than anything else.
mabye theme were doing this as we go so the theme is your gods and you have to grow your planet to participate in faction wars.

Darthclem

I don’t want to run that. I might help someone else but not run it myself.

Annavyney

A few years ago, I was a Dungeon Master, but I forgot many things over time because I have found a job, and I don't have time for games, unfortunately. Although, when I was a teenager, I played everything related to the D&D Universe. Starting from board games, ending with MMORPG games, and it was still not enough for me. I was called a fanatic of this Universe. But this one did not offend me in any way. And if I started playing like before again, I would have to remember a lot of information, and I would also have to read and study at least one D&D Guide about classes.

Last edited: