Looking for feedback on the 1st chapter of my new writing!

DeviousColony69

Definitely need some feedback so that I can improve this writing of mine in the future

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Definitely need some feedback so that I can improve this writing of mine in the future
Ok, first things first, I would recommend a different title, but if you are specifically wanting to attract the audience that goes for very light, fluffy fare then you do you. If you do want to change it, then maybe something like "
I would also change the synopsis as well, due to how clunky it is. It does not really draw you in, with little world building and little personality. Right now, if we were talking about hooks in synopses, this would be an empty fisherman's bait box. Maybe something like this (I could not tell what kind of personality the main character has, so it may not work, but it could be a good starting point)?
"I was in a different place and in a different body.
*sigh*
I would have appreciated a warning. But no.
All of a sudden, with absolutely no understanding how it happened, I found myself in the stupidest story I could possibly think of transporting to: the world's best-selling NTR doujinshi. Not only that, but I'm now in the body of the arse of a man who ends up taking away the protagonist's childhood friend. But I refuse to ever take that road for the rest of my second life, let alone steal someone's woman. But for some reason, she is always following me. Does she have a screw loose?!"

Second things second, I would strongly suggest NOT using "Fufufufufu" as onomatopoeia for laughter, or at the very least, describe the laughter. There are many ways to describe laughter that don't the connotations of that and communicate it better to western audiences (granted, I will say it's one of my pet peeves as an author) who will pronounce it in a very fake-sounding laugh in their mind. It is also incredibly overused in certain novels. Something like "She laughed so sweetly, a breathy and airy sound of joy." Or something like "She chuckled lightly at my antics." There is a whole boatload of laughter descriptions.

Third things third, "that" is overused. There are other transition words that can be used in place of "that" which sound better and improve flow and action. You can still use it, but it's definitely an issue. I also have no idea of the main character's personality. There isn't much of anything that would point to any notable traits. There are a few things that you could to solve this. First off, when you do actions, describe attach an emotion to it. For a random example, something like "She eagerly leaned in close, while I leaned back away, incredibly uncomfortable and a tint of blush to my cheeks." It does not need to be as elaborate as that, but there are multiple examples within that sentence you can use as reference. Second off, actually write out how he feels and the effects on his body language and face in what should be emotional events. He finds himself in a whole new body and his entire reaction is just underwhelming. Third off, improving the flow of the dialogue and putting more emotion into it. It's hella awkward and just kind of unnatural.

Fourth things fourth, more commas are needed and certain words are misspelled.

Last edited:

DeviousColony69

Ok, first things first, I would recommend a different title, but if you are specifically wanting to attract the audience that goes for very light, fluffy fare then you do you. If you do want to change it, then maybe something like "
I would also change the synopsis as well, due to how clunky it is. It does not really draw you in, with little world building and little personality. Right now, if we were talking about hooks in synopses, this would be an empty fisherman's bait box. Maybe something like this (I could not tell what kind of personality the main character has, so it may not work, but it could be a good starting point)?
"I was in a different place in a different body. *sigh* I would have appreciated a warning. But no. All of a sudden, with absolutely no understanding how it happened, I find myself in the stupidest story I could possibly think of transporting to: the world's best-selling NTR doujinshi. Not only that, but I'm the body of the arse of a man who takes away the protagonist's childhood friend. But I refuse to ever take that road for the rest of my second life, let alone steal someone's woman. But for some reason, she is always following me. Does she have a screw loose?!"

Second things second, I would strongly suggest NOT using "Fufufufufu" as onomatopoeia for laughter, or at the very least, describe the laughter. There are many ways to describe laughter that don't the connotations of that and communicate it better to western audiences (granted, I will say it's one of my pet peeves as an author) who will pronounce it in a very fake-sounding laugh in their mind. It is also incredibly overused in certain novels. Something like "She laughed so sweetly, a breathy and airy sound of joy." Or something like "She chuckled lightly at my antics." There is a whole boatload of laughter descriptions.

Third things third, "that" is overused. There are other transition words that can be used in place of "that" which sound better and improve flow and action. You can still use it, but it's definitely an issue. I also have no idea of the main character's personality. There isn't much of anything that would point to any notable traits. There are a few things that you could to solve this. First off, when you do actions, describe attach an emotion to it. For a random example, something like "She eagerly leaned in close, while I leaned back away, incredibly uncomfortable and a tint of blush to my cheeks." It does not need to be as elaborate as that, but there are multiple examples within that sentence you can use as reference. Second off, actually write out how he feels and the effects on his body language and face in what should be emotional events. He finds himself in a whole new body and his entire reaction is just underwhelming. Third off, improving the flow of the dialogue and putting more emotion into it. It's hella awkward and just kind of unnatural.

Fourth things fourth, more commas are needed and certain words are misspelled.
Thank you for the amazing comment Sir!, I will try my best to improve it :blob_aww::blob_aww:

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I am just now realizing that I never put in an example title name. I'm a dumbAtta. Maybe something like "Stuck in Trash" to reference the novel since many view the NTR as such, or "Poofed to NTR School", hmmm... or maybe something like "Girl's Just Too Adorable."
Thank you for the amazing comment Sir!, I will try my best to improve it :blob_aww::blob_aww:
My pleasure!!!:love: And sir? Not sir, my dear author. Stabbed through the heart, I am.🏹💘

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
I read the first chapter and it's decent, if a little wonky in the pacing; would highly suggest that you take out the long-winded explanation at the very beginning as it knee-caps the pacing expectations compared to the almost rocket-powered speed at the end