Looking for help! Which cover looks the best?

Which cover is best?

• Total voters

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I've come up with five covers over the months and I'm wondering what works the best. Any of them can be reformatted/tweaked, so let me know what you think in general impression.

Option 1:

Dark Element Cover.jpg

Option 2:

Dark Element Space with color.jpg

Option 3:

Dark Element Space.jpg

And then Option 4 would be the current one I'm using and that's in my signature. No need to post that again right?

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
If I could add on, what do you think would work best on sites like this the most? Not necessarily formally published. If it ever gets published I'll get a professional, fresh to death cover made professionally so that isn't really a question.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
I would say it depends on the novel (I haven't looked at the synopsis or anything). 1st gives me a fantasy vibe, or maybe a story about an artist. 2nd more psychological, maybe some sort of dark detective novel. the third makes me think more sci-fi. The fourth, a bit of fantasy again, adventure, maybe a survival, post-apocalypse theme? Feels like there's some sort of gritty realism there.

D

Deleted member 29316

How about 1 or 2. Which ones seems bookier than the other? How is it that they can't compare with 3? Is one more magaziner or newspapery than the next?
Well, if I had to choose between 1 or 2, I'd definitely pick 2. However, the reason why 2 fell short of 3 is because of the font that was used. It's felt like something was off, especially on the name of the author and the word 'SYCHE'. Cover 1 felt too whimsical for me, so I didn't pick it.

ZesshiLavi

1 feels like a psychological books
2 feels like a fun fact books
3 feels like a science fiction
4 feels like a sci-fi adventure

Aoibh

Mademoiselle

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
This is getting way more votes than I thought it would. Thanks a ton guys.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
There were no clear winners overall, but I'm going to go with Number 3 since it was the winner by majority overall.

I think I'm going to try and add some animated characters on top of the orb? With some of the colors from 1 and 2 to spice it up? I could also update it as I go and add more characters around as they become important to the story. Although I do worry about losing that clean look and making it too busy.