Looking For Players for Dungeons & Dragons 5e Campaign...

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
We’re looking for a dedicated group of players [4-5] for a semi-long campaign. We would like to have a good balance between roleplaying, fighting, and dungeon delving. We will be playing casually. This will be a Co-DM run campaign, so there will be two of us running the game. We are playing 5th edition, and you don’t need to have played the game before. If you wanted to see what D&D is about, this would be an excellent opportunity to try! We’re looking for a weekend time slot, preferably three to four hours [PST] on Sundays. 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM [ish] PST is what we're striking for.

If that is something you can do, we’d love to have you join. We are planning to have a session 0 this Sunday [02.14.21] @ 11AM PST. This will be a milestone campaign. If you wish to create the character via DNDBeyond, you may do so. If someone wishes to stream it for their channel, they can if the whole group agrees. I’m not too savvy with streaming tech to be able to set up something like that.

If you’re interested, you can send a direct message to either of us. @Darthclem or @Tessa_Renalds
Or ping us in the thread! Happy Wednesday! :D

Darthclem

In this low/mid tech, high fantasy realm people have found their peace in the clouds above. It’s a common belief amongst the small communities, hamlets, and cities that nothing exists beneath their lands. The islands and cities floating around the stratosphere cultivate and use the available resources to them. Zephys Isle is no different than other floating islands in the country. It’s verdant green fields, abundant in food and livestock, help keep their people fed. The large forest, trees meshed in groups of thick trunks and winding paths, provide resources and training opportunities against monsters. Their shipping dock, the only means of an airship to dock, offers the community a chance to learn more of what is happening outside of their lands and helps to strengthen their trade routes for the country… A typical day on a floating island in the middle of the sky. This story starts here: A group of soon to be heroes, familiar with each other through their many years of living on this floating island, in the mayor’s house for their assigned tasks that day. This is their story—your story.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
We’re looking for a dedicated group of players [4-5] for a semi-long campaign. We would like to have a good balance between roleplaying, fighting, and dungeon delving. We will be playing casually. This will be a Co-DM run campaign, so there will be two of us running the game. We are playing 5th edition, and you don’t need to have played the game before. If you wanted to see what D&D is about, this would be an excellent opportunity to try! We’re looking for a weekend time slot, preferably three to four hours [PST] on Sundays. 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM [ish] PST is what we're striking for.

If that is something you can do, we’d love to have you join. We are planning to have a session 0 this Sunday [02.14.21] @ 11AM PST. This will be a milestone campaign. If you wish to create the character via DNDBeyond, you may do so. If someone wishes to stream it for their channel, they can if the whole group agrees. I’m not too savvy with streaming tech to be able to set up something like that.

If you’re interested, you can send a direct message to either of us. @Darthclem or @Tessa_Renalds
Would have been interesting to do but I'm already in a campaign, and the schedule for it is a bit temperamental at times.
>w<
We've changed the day and time for them several times now.
orz

I wouldn't want to end up with a schedule conflict.

Hope you all enjoy the campaign, though!
o/

X

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Would have been interesting to do but I'm already in a campaign, and the schedule for it is a bit temperamental at times.
>w<
We've changed the day and time for them several times now.
orz

I wouldn't want to end up with a schedule conflict.

Hope you all enjoy the campaign, though!
o/

X
No worries! I totally understand! :D
I hope the campaign turns out fun too! I'm super excited about where it might go!

Horizon42

I really wish I could. I miss DnD, but my schedule doesn't allow for it. Best of luck.

Scribbler

I'm not interested but I've listened to a lot, and I mean a lot of DnD podcasts, and all I can say is for the love of god, do not have combat sessions that take a couple of hours or more to complete. 30 minutes or less is ideal.

Also, who you're playing with is a pretty big deal. Just one rotten apple can ruin the bunch, not to say that a person can be bad at DnD (well, they can), but that if the personalities don't mesh and you don't play off of each other well, then that can lessen the entire experience. Like I wish I could just get together a group of 4 randos and have a marry time, but you have to find people you click with/get along with, which can be hard, but if you're lucky, can be easy. I would expect a lot of trial and error, finding people who are the right fit if I don't already know people to play with.

Please have a plot, so many podcasts just go on without a crescendo or driving momentum. And I just get sick of it.

You don't really have to seriously listen to anything I say, as there are exceptions to every rule, and I might be wrong, but these are just my thoughts as someone who has listened to a lot of tabletop podcasts.

Darthclem

We have done more prep for this game than I have ever done before and I don’t think it is going to stop. I think we will be good on the plot for the most part.

It will take a bit for us to figure out how to best split up the roles during the game but it should eventually help the speed of the game. Also different players have different preferences so it is possible to have a group not want any role play at all. We will adjust as necessary over time. Some things will happen that will drag combat for longer or shorter than we intend. All we can do is learn from it and try something different next time.

As for random people my experience is usually pretty good although a single bad person can ruin things. We will discuss that together which should help in deciding if we have to remove a player and make it more fair.

Darthclem

I really wish I could. I miss DnD, but my schedule doesn't allow for it. Best of luck.
Thanks, I am sure you will find time for dnd at some point again. You might be able to find a more flexible group but those are harder to organize.