Looking for proofreader

DanielHell

Hello! I'm the author of the novel "The Ultimate Developer", as I am right now I'm not the best at grammar and some complains reached me, so I was thinking of looking for a proofreader, and here I am!
I'm looking for an english/american proofreader, trustworthy, that has Telegram or Discord.
Also, I'm new to these things, if you think that I should add something to this message, maybe that would be more specific or things that will help me and the search, you are free to do so, thank you very much.

The genre is Reincarnation Isekai and High Fantasy. If you want to check it out, click here.

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
You should add the link to your story first. Also, a short description and general information like genre would attract more people, who might be interested.

I might be wrong, but English is not your first language...? Because it kind of feels like you think in another language and then simply translate the words into English, resulting in awkward sentence structure. (Don’t hate me if I’m wrong :blob_hide: )

To your story:
-use Grammarly first, there are several periods and commas missing
-second, declutter and improve the paragraphing of your story with http://www.hemingwayapp.com/
-google up grammar rules (relying on a proofreader is not a solution long-term)
-read stories with good grammar (I would recommend some, but I doubt you like BL :blob_teehee:)
-we have a #workshop in SH discord, if you seek advice from fellow authors and readers

Good Luck! :blobthumbsup:

DanielHell

You should add the link to your story first. Also, a short description and general information like genre would attract more people, who might be interested.

I might be wrong, but English is not your first language...? Because it kind of feels like you think in another language and then simply translate the words into English, resulting in awkward sentence structure. (Don’t hate me if I’m wrong :blob_hide: )

To your story:
-use Grammarly first, there are several periods and commas missing
-second, declutter and improve the paragraphing of your story with http://www.hemingwayapp.com/
-read stories with good grammar (I would recommend some, but I doubt you like BL :blob_teehee:)
-we have a #workshop in SH discord, if you seek advice from fellow authors and readers

Good Luck! :blobthumbsup:
You are indeed right, English is not my first language although I don't use any translator, and I am right now trying to follow your advices(apart from the third). I would also like if you recommend me some stories with good grammar, it doesn't seem like it but I actually am very open to genres and stories. Thank you very much for your help ;)

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
I never knew this existed until now. Seems very useful.

I doubt even native speakers know grammar rules. It just comes "naturally" to them. Rather than google grammar rules, just get used to seeing it written correctly, which is basically the fourth piece.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Alright. I gave it a little read I have to say that I'm not a fan of the first chapter. It's more than just bad grammar. I dislike the writing style. The first chapter doesn't have the best of pacing. For one, you don't have to give the main character's backstory immediately. When it comes to story telling, I like to understand the character not by being told everything about him, but by instead having the story show him as a person. If you need to clarify some aspect of his character, do so, but don't give us an infodump at the very beginning that feels unnecessary.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I doubt even native speakers know grammar rules. It just comes "naturally" to them. Rather than google grammar rules, just get used to seeing it written correctly, which is basically the fourth piece.
Why would you not lookup quotation/punctuation rules? It makes the reading experience so much better, ah! :blob_hmph:

Also @DanielHell I skimmed through your uploaded chapters. It's a waste that you don't use single quotation marks. They are less awkward than capitalizing a row of words in the middle of a sentence.

DanielHell

Alright. I gave it a little read I have to say that I'm not a fan of the first chapter. It's more than just bad grammar. I dislike the writing style. The first chapter doesn't have the best of pacing. For one, you don't have to give the main character's backstory immediately. When it comes to story telling, I like to understand the character not by being told everything about him, but by instead having the story show him as a person. If you need to clarify some aspect of his character, do so, but don't give us an infodump at the very beginning that feels unnecessary.

I think it's not like that, I gave the minimum information at the start, that's just my opinion. Also the protagonist will change and there are a lot of episodes of his other life that I would like to narrate in some chapters, that will focus more on his thinking and his personality