Recommendations Looking for Quality

Enigmaniac

Recently am going through a phase where a lot of novels I try picking up just can't hold my interest because of how badly written things seem to be. So I ask you all to give me your best. Preferably I would hope the novel would be something like "He who fights monsters" or "Tree of Aeons" both stories which I have really enjoyed on this site. But if you have anything that's really good that's what I'm looking for.

JenLeifire

I dunno these novels, but what genre you usually look for? I think it would help if you tell us the genres you like so its easier tiorecommend =)

Enigmaniac

I dunno these novels, but what genre you usually look for? I think it would help if you tell us the genres you like so its easier tiorecommend =)
Well, both are LitRPG's but I'm a fan of all kinds of writing and definitely prefer fantasy novels. I can get into anything as long as the writing isn't weak. Also not opposed to harems but haven't found many that are done well.

JenLeifire

ah kk. Mine is crime/mystery/thriller/BL and I can't say what its quality is cause an author you criticize yourself more than anything. While there a few things I still need to work on, I think overall people like it, but I think you must like the genre and its not everyones cup of tea.

NobleTalon

Recently am going through a phase where a lot of novels I try picking up just can't hold my interest because of how badly written things seem to be. So I ask you all to give me your best. Preferably I would hope the novel would be something like "He who fights monsters" or "Tree of Aeons" both stories which I have really enjoyed on this site. But if you have anything that's really good that's what I'm looking for.
try Sylver Seeker and The Runesmith.

They are the two novels I'm following on scribblehub. The Runesmith is a bit slow and doesn't have as much action as you would expect from a fantasy novel, but it's quite a good slice of life. As for Sylver Seeker, the writing is of better quality and the story is quite interesting.

Enigmaniac

They are the two novels I'm following on scribblehub. The Runesmith is a bit slow and doesn't have as much action as you would expect from a fantasy novel, but it's quite a good slice of life. As for Sylver Seeker, the writing is of better quality and the story is quite interesting.
yea I did the runesmith it's not the best, not the worst I'll give the other a look! thanks for the suggestion!
ah kk. Mine is crime/mystery/thriller/BL and I can't say what its quality is cause an author you criticize yourself more than anything. While there a few things I still need to work on, I think overall people like it, but I think you must like the genre and its not everyones cup of tea.
Yea nothing against your novel but I definitely wouldn't read BL its just not for me. I do like hearing how authors criticize themselves even though I feel like that doesn't hold true with everyone who writes :)

JenLeifire

Yea nothing against your novel but I definitely wouldn't read BL its just not for me. I do like hearing how authors criticize themselves even though I feel like that doesn't hold true with everyone who writes :)
thats totally fine, everyone likes different things to read =D
Yeah that might be right. I think some are not even open to criticism and thats rly sad. I understand hearing flaws about your own novel is hard but at the end of the day you can only grow through feedback and I edited the hell outta mine after feedback and I am still not happy with certain parts xD

Enigmaniac

Sylver Seeker's first few chapters seem great thanks for the recommendation!

skillet

a frying pan
I can't really tell if you mean well-written as in perfect grammar or well-written as in well-written story, but:

Fantasia! Well-written albeit slow-updating litrpg :)
I will try my best to remain a mob character is also really fun.

Enigmaniac

I can't really tell if you mean well-written as in perfect grammar or well-written as in well-written story, but:

Fantasia! Well-written albeit slow-updating litrpg :)
I will try my best to remain a mob character is also really fun.
A little bit of both tbh, but I can handle a swing in either direction if it's worth it... to a point of course lol. I will definitely look into that seems like a great recommendation, thanks!

bokhi

Not a Desert Crow Witch
What genre are you looking for?

If you're okay with romance-fantasy, I'll plug my own work, The Stormcrow Cycle. It's not publisher quality (that's what editors are for), but it's generally well-received on the writing front. It's a slice-of-life, though, so avoid if you hate that sort of thing!

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
What genre are you looking for?

If you're okay with romance-fantasy, I'll plug my own work, The Stormcrow Cycle. It's not publisher quality (that's what editors are for), but it's generally well-received on the writing front. It's a slice-of-life, though, so avoid if you hate that sort of thing!

Hey, I just did a review on your story with @TheTrinary on his channel. Good story.
You could try my story, The Supernatural Case of an accidental Time traveler. I've been told it has a fairly professional writing style.

bokhi

Not a Desert Crow Witch
Hey, I just did a review on your story with @TheTrinary on his channel. Good story.

You could try my story, The Supernatural Case of an accidental Time traveler. I've been told it has a fairly professional writing style.

Ah, thank you! 😊
Really appreciated the review, and am very flattered you both took the time! =)

Are you only on SH now? I thought I saw you on RR a while ago, but not anymore.

zac_k4ry

Read the first episode and you're gonna love it! I know it's kinda boring in the beginning, but it's a strong story. I guess that's why I'm still working on it!

otosewrites

I work pretty hard to make sure the writing is good in my novel. I don't want it to be a typical monster girl harem w/ no plot.