Looking for Sci-Fi Mecha Anime Artist - Three Requests

M.G.Driver

I went through a few commissions already, but most artists seem to lack these traits:

1. Draw accurate battle postures
2. Draw sci-fi futuristic armor sets
3. Willing to draw tanned skin characters with grey-ish hair (I don't know why but all three artists I commissioned hates this...)

If you somehow fulfill these three requirements, here's my request template:

Author Name: M.G.Driver
Profession: Author
Preferred Art Style: Anime Sci-Fi
Story: Ceres's Chaos
Request:

I'm looking for three separate art pieces that will have different scenes. Each will be paid separately.

1. Rectangle Full Colour Battle Scene meant for advert (300x250) - 80 USD - Taken
2. Leaderboard Advert Full Colour (728x90) - 80 USD
3. Full Book Cover with full body character shot Full Colour (2560x1600) - 200~300 USD - Taken

All scenes will featured a white/grey hair character with amber yellow eyes. He has a futuristic exosuit set (check my current book cover for a rough idea), but anything anime works.

50% downpayment when base scene is done, 50% on completion. All prices and method of payment are negotiable.

If you have a similar example done before, please show it to me first. You can reply here or DM me directly, either is fine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 54065

As an artist/illustrator myself, I can offer you some insights on why a lot of commissioning artists 'hate' this:
I went through a few commissions already, but most artists seem to lack these traits:

1. Draw accurate battle postures
A lot of artists prefer simple postures since it's easy to do, and it takes lesser time to finish. By contrast, making a character 'move' requires a lot of references and imagination, not to mention, the risk of not doing it anatomically-correct is high.
2. Draw sci-fi futuristic armor sets
For this one, it's pretty tedious to do something that requires a lot of detail to be 'badass'. And the effort to color these details is also a huge effort on the part of the artist (especially the lazy ones >.<).
3. Willing to draw tanned skin characters with grey-ish hair (I don't know why but all three artists I commissioned hates this...)
I don't know why, but WHY? Tanned characters (female) with greyish hair are hot! (You guys have no culture, damn it!)

As for your commission, I wish you good luck with your artist! May you find the one that suits your standards! ^_^

Le_ther

As an artist/illustrator myself, I can offer you some insights on why a lot of commissioning artists 'hate' this:

A lot of artists prefer simple postures since it's easy to do, and it takes lesser time to finish. By contrast, making a character 'move' requires a lot of references and imagination, not to mention, the risk of not doing it anatomically-correct is high.

For this one, it's pretty tedious to do something that requires a lot of detail to be 'badass'. And the effort to color these details is also a huge effort on the part of the artist (especially the lazy ones >.<).

I don't know why, but WHY? Tanned characters (female) with greyish hair are hot! (You guys have no culture, damn it!)

As for your commission, I wish you good luck with your artist! May you find the one that suits your standards! ^_^
For no. 2 I do agree how cool sci-fi cybernetic or futuristic aesthetic but it do be kinda a hassle to create one due to the sheer amount of details to make it look majestic

M.G.Driver

For some of the commissions, I don't need the armor set to be super detailed due to the low resolution, but it at least has to look somewhat cool-ish.

D

Deleted member 54065

For some of the commissions, I don't need the armor set to be super detailed due to the low resolution, but it at least has to look somewhat cool-ish.
I can help, but I think my art-style is too retro for your genre. Besides, I admit I rarely do sci-fi genre since I'm a fantasy author.

Check out the drawings in my profile, if you're interested.

M.G.Driver

I can help, but I think my art-style is too retro for your genre. Besides, I admit I rarely do sci-fi genre since I'm a fantasy author.

Check out the drawings in my profile, if you're interested.
Have you done battle poses + background before?

I mean, I'm open to anything. I'm just super tired of having to go through five revisions of the same shit just to get tanned skin..

D

Deleted member 54065

Have you done battle poses + background before?

I mean, I'm open to anything. I'm just super tired of having to go through five revisions of the same shit just to get tanned skin..
I can do battle poses, since I'm pretty tired of having my characters stand like a statue everytime. And uh, what do you mean by battle poses? Those who carry guns? Futuristic swords?

As for the background...I can do a burning city silhouette, like in your story cover, though I'm not sure if I can do it up to your standards.

Any case, I'm just here to help. I'm not after the monetary compensation. If you don't like the work, it's fine.

M.G.Driver

megalobox1dodge.jpg

Something like this, except his right fist is preparing to counter attack.

Hairstyle should be different and greyish, and the body will eventually be a full exosuit. That's about it. No weapons. Fist can be exposed, or can be a metal gauntlet.

D

Deleted member 54065

View attachment 16797

Something like this, except his right fist is preparing to counter attack.

Hairstyle should be different and greyish, and the body will eventually be a full exosuit. That's about it. No weapons. Fist can be exposed, or can be a metal gauntlet.
What kind of hairstyle? Up to me? Or you have anything in particular?

D

Deleted member 54065

Up to you. Oh and the arm he is deflecting should be armoured too. The rough sketch doesnt need any of the armour yet.
Ayt, lemme just take a break from real life stuff and I'll do your commission in a bit.

This the rectangular one, no? (First request)

RainingSky

Coffee lover (addict)
Mhhh I would like to give it a try.

I have done battle poses before and armor too although nothing too complicated and no problems with characters features. The only thing I probably could't be able to pull off is pure mecha style.

If you are still open for suggestions I can also send you images for style reference.

M.G.Driver

Mhhh I would like to give it a try.

I have done battle poses before and armor too although nothing too complicated and no problems with characters features. The only thing I probably could't be able to pull off is pure mecha style.

If you are still open for suggestions I can also send you images for style reference
Sure, I'll like to see them.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
I'll give it a try and send a sketch too. The first 2 resolutions sound damn forgiving lol

Nevermind the coms are already taken kek

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 54065

@M.G.Driver This fine with you? It's only pencil yet. But if you're good with it, I'll do the lineart (inking). The size is big because I haven't finished it yet, but it'll get smaller, according to your preferences stated here.

Though, I guess I'd give way to the other two artists who posted here, @owotrucked and @RainingSky . Feel free to use the design, if you find it fancy.

Scan2023-01-18_202643.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

EDIT: By "you" im just talking in general. Sorry if it comes off as me criticizing you in particular, mate.

it depends on if the money makes it worth the trouble, but....not wanting to do a commission or doing sub-par work just cuz you may find things like that "tedious" seems like a pretty piss poor excuse. Like, its a job. If you are going to take on the commission, the best way is to do it right from the get-go. It'll just avoid so much extra trouble.

I understand hating to do tedious things but there's artists out there who drag their ass during commissions and sending out shit final products all cuz they can't be bothered to give a fuck about a job they are literally being paid to do. I hated doing certain tasks too in past jobs but i still did them correctly just so i wouldn't get bitched at by my manager later on.

Also: Tanned skin and grey hair doesnt pair well together, man, i dunno what else to tell ya. White hair? Yes. Grey? ew. Like, it'd need to be a pretty light tan to pull it off imo

M.G.Driver

@M.G.Driver This fine with you? It's only pencil yet. But if you're good with it, I'll do the lineart (inking). The size is big because I haven't finished it yet, but it'll get smaller, according to your preferences stated here.

Though, I guess I'd give way to the other two artists who posted here, @owotrucked and @RainingSky . Feel free to use the design, if you find it fancy.

View attachment 16807
The armour is great I love it ! But I get the feeling his expression is slightly wrong, maybe it's just me or something. Maybe the mouth should be less open-clench. The entire feel should be like "I'm confident I'm going to win" like some solo-leveling esque feel.
it depends on if the money makes it worth the trouble, but....not wanting to do a commission or doing sub-par work just cuz you may find things like that "tedious" seems like a pretty piss poor excuse. Like, its a job. If you are going to take on the commission, the best way is to do it right from the get-go. It'll just avoid so much extra trouble.

I understand hating to do tedious things but there's artists out there who drag their ass during commissions and sending out shit final products all cuz they can't be bothered to give a fuck about a job they are literally being paid to do. I hated doing certain tasks too in past jobs but i still did them correctly just so i wouldn't get bitched at by my manager later on.

Also: Tanned skin and grey hair doesnt pair well together, man, i dunno what else to tell ya. White hair? Yes. Grey? ew. Like, it'd need to be a pretty light tan to pull it off imo
1674047455156.png

Looks pretty good to me LOL