Looking For Something to Read

Aniket-111

Why don't you come and read my fantasy novel, in the present tense,: The Forgotten Universe. I hope you like it. (Below is the cover, click it for better quality.)

Attachments

• Novel Cover.jpeg
    Novel Cover.jpeg
    623.9 KB · Views: 91

Valmond

Why don't you come and read my fantasy novel, in the present tense,: The Forgotten Universe. I hope you like it. (Below is the cover, click it for better quality.)
I apologize but it does not meet any of the basic requirements.

sabazurc

I apologize but it does not meet any of the basic requirements.

Rules/Expectations

—>Follow this to make life easier.

———————————————————
Genre:

Fantasy, Psychological, Mature, Drama, Action, Adventure, Romance

These are the ones I am looking for at the moment.

—> Doesn’t need to be all there. However, these are the genres I will read at the moment.

Skillful Proses—> I am willing to overlook inconsistencies, but it has to at least show throughout.

Present Tense—> Must be present

Steady buildup with the finale being at its peak. —> In short, this falls under pacing.

——————————————————
—> Not allowed

Everything that wasn’t mentioned.

Examples:

Smut, Harem, GL, BL, etc.

GL and BL I don’t mind, but not looking for them at the moment, so sorry about that.

———————————————————

Secondary that I don’t mind.

If you are giving a list of recommendations. I don’t mind if you insert self promotion.

———————————————————

What will happen if the conditions above are not met, but given something else.

It will receive a penalizing score.

———————————————————

If I don’t like the story, but it meets the requirements. I will simply move on, no penalties in the least.

———————————————————

Alright, I know this is a long list, but let’s see what this site has in more depth. I also don’t mind if it is not on the site Itself.

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
Despite its description it’s good.

Kumo desu is good, but in all of its forms it’s not published yet (the closest one to complete is on hiatus), and the wait for updates sucks, so I wouldn’t suggest getting into it yet.
Has some dark tones sometimes, but often lighthearted in the face of that. Follows the demon king and hero trying to truly save the world in the only way possible, through economics.

sabazurc

Kazesenken

Present tense stories are a bit rare, but they exist. Though the only things I can think of are the Danmachi and Shield Hero LNs if you want something to go by as an example of writing that has been polished to a publishable form.

OllieFarthing

I have an action adventure written in present tense on Wattpad. It's a historical fantasy / pirates adventure. Doesn't fit into any of the other genres you're interested though, sorry! I've considered rewriting it in 3rd person but I feel really confident in how the 1st person reads. It's 1st person and I love it that way. It is a steady build-up novel in a loose 3 act structure. The first chapter is partially in 3rd person as the MC accounts recent event, and the remaining is completely 1st person.

It is an edited draft, been through 2 full revisions, so it's grammatically correct. It's not perfect though; I am currently rewriting it completely but I keep the original up.
https://www.wattpad.com/story/131925213-riven-isles

I don't know of many other stories in 1st present tense that read very well and fit the genres, so I can't come up with any more recommendations rn ;-;

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
Well, since nothing is lost by trying, how about you give my novel a try.

It has no drama, I think, and it gender bender, but the novel is more focused on action and conflict between organizations. The protagonist's past is quite important, but little by little it narrates how events are happening in the present.

Also, I have written it in the present tense and in the first person, since the protagonist narrates the events as they are happening because at least for me it is how it is easier to write. Although there are some chapters that are from the perspective of other characters

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
(heads up, I read a lot of isekai so there's gonna be a lot of isekai{or should I say, only isekai}I also bolded the names themselves for your convenience)

He Who Fights With Monsters

its 450 ch so should keep you occupied for at least a few days to a week
its action, fantasy, adventure, LitRPG, and isekai(just thought I should include this since some people don't really like isekai)
there's a bunch of death in there though, so try not to get too attached to some characters. also, here's the catch, remember the isekai tag, well its a DOUBLE isekai(you'll know what I mean if you read it though) also the protag starts off pretty weak

I'm currently in the middle of reading Life Hunter too, its also an isekai, this one is more stereotypical though(but its not a harem)
You can find them on SH

if you want a slower, more slice of life novel with fantasy and adventure, there's also Isekai Nonbiri Sozai Saishu Seikatsu
its a gathering type of novel with no harem but its also an isekai

Warrior, I’m Afraid There’s Something Wrong With Your Obsession is a romance that's also a isekai
(and I also just checked, no yandere tag, so feel relief or disappointment, idk, but there is an obsessive love tag)
You can find them on NU

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Primal adaptation

Aza.Iva

This thread is quite old. But I just joined & passing on messages about myself everywhere, hehe. There's going to be GL az bit, but not that intense. My story is way too short to share much. I’m planning to finish the first story in just 4 chapters. I can say that actions are happening in an alternative world mixing styles of steampunk with few elements of cyberpunk. Society is rotten to the core, so-called privileged scams who are ruling the world. Anti utopian psychological thriller shows the world through the story of three MCs. It all starts in an abundant construction site, where HE finds himself tied to a chair…
Link in my signature ;)

caerulex

Wow, this post is stale, but I'm gonna be that person who resurrects it.

Of the stuff you listed above, my book I'm serializing, The Menocht Loop, currently meets the following:

Fantasy, Psychological, Mature, Drama, Action, Adventure, Romance

The story has mature themes, and romance is present in limited capacity, but I wouldn't assign it those tags.

Half of the series is in present tense. All of book 1 and 4 are in present tense despite short interludes, books 2 and 3 are in past tense. There is a narrative reason for the tense shift (it's not arbitrary). If half of the series being in past tense is a deal breaker, no worries!

I've started serializing the book on SH as of a month ago; I've been serializing it on Royal Road for over a year and have more content there, but SH is quickly getting caught up (7 chapters/week upload rate).

Short synopsis, as written by a reader far better at summarizing my own book than myself:
Fantasy, Strong Lead, Mage Lead, Male Lead, Time Loop, Urban Fantasy,
A young man becomes an archmage after being trapped in a time loop. Upon escaping and returning to his high-magitech civilization, he finds himself pursued by great powers that seek to use him. Shenanigans.