Looking For Something to Read

Valmond

Rules/Expectations

—>Follow this to make life easier.

———————————————————
Genre:

Fantasy, Psychological, Mature, Drama, Action, Adventure, Romance

These are the ones I am looking for at the moment.

—> Doesn’t need to be all there. However, these are the genres I will read at the moment.

Skillful Proses—> I am willing to overlook inconsistencies, but it has to at least show throughout.

Present Tense—> Must be present

Steady buildup with the finale being at its peak. —> In short, this falls under pacing.

——————————————————
—> Not allowed

Everything that wasn’t mentioned.

Examples:

Smut, Harem, GL, BL, etc.

GL and BL I don’t mind, but not looking for them at the moment, so sorry about that.

———————————————————

Secondary that I don’t mind.

If you are giving a list of recommendations. I don’t mind if you insert self promotion.

———————————————————

What will happen if the conditions above are not met, but given something else.

It will receive a penalizing score.

———————————————————

If I don’t like the story, but it meets the requirements. I will simply move on, no penalties in the least.

———————————————————

Alright, I know this is a long list, but let’s see what this site has in more depth. I also don’t mind if it is not on the site Itself.

Last edited:

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Hmm...then I would recommend Dungeon Defense and Reverend Insanity - though it's been a while since I've read those, so not every condition might be met...well, guess I'll take the penalty score then...

Valmond

Right? I guess it makes sense, but I didn't there were people who preferred that.
It is all part of expanding my own abilities. So I am searching for those who can no doubt outdo me, so that I can learn from them. I cannot do that with the usual means, especially since it contradicts with my own style.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
It is all part of expanding my own abilities. So I am searching for those who can no doubt outdo me, so that I can learn from them. I cannot do that with the usual means, especially since it contradicts with my own style.
That's actually a really good reason.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
I'd say that my fantasy fits your criteria. Here's the synopsis:

He just wanted to save his family, but a conflict between species threatens to tear him apart...

※※※※※※※

When Irian's family and their farm comes under attack by the changing pressures of their industrializing world, he takes on the task of leaving home to find work. Finding few other options, Irian becomes a scale farmer - someone who removes the colorful scales of imprisoned merfolk, and sells them as jewelry.

But even as Irian finds stability for his family, the stalemate conflict between humans and merfolk finally begins to buckle, questions of morality begin to plague his mind, and soon, Irian's whole life, and what he thought was right, soon begins to barrel out of control.

You can find it in my signature.

Alkareel

Cuisses de Grenouille
Stellar transformation is in present tense I think. You could try that.

Valmond

Please read the requirements before posting. I have been lenient, but next post that is a self insert, that does not follow what is written will be penalized. I don’t want to do it, which is why I have been looking the other way.

skillet

a frying pan
*whispers* how do you feel about fanfiction
The only good present tense works I've seen with great prose (at least that I remember) have largely been fanfics... if for the sake of improving your writing skills you're okay with, like, ff.net recommendations, I can probably give you a list lol

(though the genre would all be romance ahaha)

Valmond

*whispers* how do you feel about fanfiction
The only good present tense works I've seen with great prose (at least that I remember) have largely been fanfics... if for the sake of improving your writing skills you're okay with, like, ff.net recommendations, I can probably give you a list lol

(though the genre would all be romance ahaha)
Not mentioned, so apologies. I almost never read FanFiction.

Jemerie

Hard to start find again some Gem. Some Novel I currently is, got deleted by author.

Cauldrons

Cry of the Mer, it's a series on RoyalRoad. It's main selling point is the character interactions and the emotional beats it makes you feel. As far as I can tell it checks off most of your genre requirements except for perhaps romance and it doesn't have very much action. Just a warning though you wont find a lot of happy moments in the story at the beginning or for that matter much at all. (The author is on the 2nd book Heart of a Mer right now)

Valmond

Cry of the Mer, it's a series on RoyalRoad. It's main selling point is the character interactions and the emotional beats it makes you feel. As far as I can tell it checks off most of your genre requirements except for perhaps romance and it doesn't have very much action. Just a warning though you wont find a lot of happy moments in the story at the beginning or for that matter much at all. (The author is on the 2nd book Heart of a Mer right now)
I write tragedy, so don’t gotta worry about the happy moments. 😂

Anyway, thanks.

morhamza

Oh, I almost passed, but my story is written in past tense. I've never come across any good stories written in present tense, so I can't recommend any.