Looking for specific feedback

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
Howdy folks

So I've been posting my book, Drinker of the Yew, for about a week and had a thought regarding formatting of the paragraphs. Stylistically I am trying to go for the storytelling/epic poem/parable genre, so I have dense paragraphs with no breaks for dialogue.

However, it's been suggested to me that breaking up the paragraphs into smallee bits might make it more readable/attract more readers. I'm attached to my large paragraphs because I think they're part of the style, but if a lot of people think it would help, I would definitely end up reformatting it.

Thanks for your time!

Fiction link: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/314639/drinker-of-the-yew/

EternalSunset0

I think that the denser paragraphs probably need a line break or two.

I can read them on PC well enough, but I would imagine them to be nightmares to read on mobile.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
What I usually found suggested that you need to break the paragraph whenever you change the subject/place/speaker/etc. Whenever the focus or origin shifts so to say.

While your paragraphs are fine for a book reader imo, the general web novel reader is simply used to more compartmentalized writing with clearer and more distinct chunks of information. especially if they are reading on the phone during a tiny break and can't afford to sit down and offer undivided attention until the end of a chapter.

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
Thank you all, this was very helpful. I'll make the changes as soon as a I have the time.