Looking for Things to Review

Hey all,

I am looking for pool of stories to review for a youtube channel I'm starting that will heavily feature online serials from Scribble Hub and Royal Road. I've got some good ideas for ways to engage with the stories, and now I just need the stories. I have my two videos planned and will do a relook at the first chapter from my favorite chapter from the "First Chapter Feedback" and then a second review highlighting the work as a whole.

Past that, I'm planning on doing a mixture of first chapter feedback, spotlights, analysis, comparisons, "Bingo", and some type of live feedback/ editing. So go ahead and leave your story or recommend a story you'd like to see covered, it's genre, and how you'd like me to interact with it. I make no guarantees that I'll use it or I'll use it for the type of video you'd prefer, but it can't hurt.

Previous participation in my threads doesn't matter, and if anything, makes it easier.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3

Episode 6
Well I am a novice writer that makes a lot of mistakes but my novel is fantasy smashed into Greek gods. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/344483/the-light-and-dark-brothers/

Armored99

Harem-phobic
You don't really say where you're getting the covers from. I recognize most of them are from here, but people who get this video recommended from youtube aren't likely going to know. Just a thought.

Also, I find your rating system a little inconsistent. I think you may have been trying to be to kind.

Additionally, when you say you see covers that look like ones from amazon. I see ones that look like they're from the dollar store.

couldn't find a better picture

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
You don't really say where you're getting the covers from. I recognize most of them are from here, but people who get this video recommended from youtube aren't likely going to know. Just a thought.

Also, I find your rating system a little inconsistent. I think you may have been trying to be to kind.

Additionally, when you say you see covers that look like ones from amazon. I see ones that look like they're from the dollar store.

couldn't find a better picture
I wasn't trying to be kind. It just so happened that the first half of this set were way better than the second half. You'll plenty of below average later this week.

And yeah, I specifically address the kinds of books your pointing out. I specifically reference dime store trash. With that said, Equal Rites is a treasure and $3 is an amazing pull.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I didn't expect to be there lol. Thanks for the shoutout. Although it's now that I noticed I posted the wrong cover here :sweating_profusely:

Only with regards to the Japanese text though.
Is it just the wrong name? What does it say?

LostLibrarian

A fun idea for a future video might also be to look at random covers (let someone else looks for some covers and send them to you) and you have to guess the tags/rough story idea/atmosphere.

Also - as said above - a link in the description would be cool. Just for viewers who think "X looks cool" and want to check it out. Makes things easier and helps the authors.

EternalSunset0

Is it just the wrong name? What does it say?
Yeah. I was using the Japanese text for a not-so literal translation Awakener's Pact, the title. Although it's written as "Awakened" in Japanese. But in the cover here, it says Awakener's Awakener :blobrofl:

It's great you posted the vid though because I found the problem and fixed it now.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
A fun idea for a future video might also be to look at random covers (let someone else looks for some covers and send them to you) and you have to guess the tags/rough story idea/atmosphere.

Also - as said above - a link in the description would be cool. Just for viewers who think "X looks cool" and want to check it out. Makes things easier and helps the authors.

You're reading my mind. I wanted to go through all the stories I had been submitted through so far on the forums. For the third one I'll do eventually I'm going to pull from non-RR/SH and really god at it.

Also my video description says if you want a link for a specific work as a comment. I really didn't want to go through and add 20 links.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
*Go at it.
do reviews of straight-up TERRIBLE books.

i really want to see you go insane NUCLEAR on shit books.

of course, you can ignore the insane ramblings of a fractured schizophrenic BUT if you were to consider it, I'll be sure to tune in.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
do reviews of straight-up TERRIBLE books.

i really want to see you go insane NUCLEAR on shit books.

of course, you can ignore the insane ramblings of a fractured schizophrenic BUT if you were to consider it, I'll be sure to tune in.
Oh that's happening. If you look at my playlists so far, you'll see my book review was put in the good pile. . . there will be three piles.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Oh that's happening. If you look at my playlists so far, you'll see my book review was put in the good pile. . . there will be three piles.
i'm gonna make it to that must read list or die in the process

Mr.Grey-Cat

hmm, so here I am sneakily adding my novel here.

(at the signature below.)

it is about a girl with only three months remaining in her life, participating in a new VR experiment so that she can find some last joy in her life.

so it is a fantasy, action novel, with some mystery.

devilDestroyer22

Hey, I hope you would be willing to check mine! It is an action fantasy novel, with alight comedy angle to it. It entails about the separation of two friends with different ideologies and fight against each other until one disappears and one escapes earth altogether. I have attached the link below. Thanks once again.

Title: The Legendary Tales of Indra