Looking for Things to Review

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Hey all,

I am looking for pool of stories to review for a youtube channel I'm starting that will heavily feature online serials from Scribble Hub and Royal Road. I've got some good ideas for ways to engage with the stories, and now I just need the stories. I have my two videos planned and will do a relook at the first chapter from my favorite chapter from the "First Chapter Feedback" and then a second review highlighting the work as a whole.

Past that, I'm planning on doing a mixture of first chapter feedback, spotlights, analysis, comparisons, "Bingo", and some type of live feedback/ editing. So go ahead and leave your story or recommend a story you'd like to see covered, it's genre, and how you'd like me to interact with it. I make no guarantees that I'll use it or I'll use it for the type of video you'd prefer, but it can't hurt.

Previous participation in my threads doesn't matter, and if anything, makes it easier. CHANNEL

Latest Episode: Isaac Unknown, Full Review!

WRNA: A Desolate Life
WRNA: WORM

Last edited:

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
A Country Boy Isekai!

This one ought to be good for a laugh. I know I write slow-paced stuff at a fast rate. It's an Isekai/Fantasy story... but the twist is that a good ole' redneck built like a brick shithouse is sent instead of who you'd expect. In other words, Truck-Kun's driver truck-kuns himself and gets a restart. Features flat-chested blondes, country life and many questions.

CL

Hey all,

I am looking for pool of stories to review for a youtube channel I'm starting that will heavily feature online serials from Scribble Hub and Royal Road.
Are you specifically searching for recommendable stories that are featured on both SC and RRL or those that're published only here or there?

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
A Country Boy Isekai!

This one ought to be good for a laugh. I know I write slow-paced stuff at a fast rate. It's an Isekai/Fantasy story... but the twist is that a good ole' redneck built like a brick shithouse is sent instead of who you'd expect. In other words, Truck-Kun's driver truck-kuns himself and gets a restart. Features flat-chested blondes, country life and many questions.
As long as it's published on here's it's fair game.

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
You might remember me, you might not remember me, meh, it's up to you. Although I've reworked my story one last time, I currently lack reviews that I can use in order to improve my story, such as my grammar, the lack of a good PUNCH, or how the suspense/drama/emotions play out. I hope that if you were to review my work, please be brutally honest without sugar coating so I can know how bad or how okay my story is in one aspect or the other.

Reisinling

Feel free to review my tentacle story. Link in my signature. That being said, basing on your previous thread I'm not sure it would fit your tastes, but I don't mind meh/negative reviews. As long as the average rating doesn't drop below 4.0 that is.

messyhair

Hey all,

I am looking for pool of stories to review for a youtube channel I'm starting that will heavily feature online serials from Scribble Hub and Royal Road. I've got some good ideas for ways to engage with the stories, and now I just need the stories. I have my two videos planned and will do a relook at the first chapter from my favorite chapter from the "First Chapter Feedback" and then a second review highlighting the work as a whole.

Past that, I'm planning on doing a mixture of first chapter feedback, spotlights, analysis, comparisons, "Bingo", and some type of live feedback/ editing. So go ahead and leave your story or recommend a story you'd like to see covered, it's genre, and how you'd like me to interact with it. I make no guarantees that I'll use it or I'll use it for the type of video you'd prefer, but it can't hurt.

Previous participation in my threads doesn't matter, and if anything, makes it easier.

I'll post the video here in a response and make a master list on the 1st post once I get going.

tridetect

This sounds super interesting! Do you mind reviewing my story Progressive Detective the Q? Its linked in my signature. I love to hear what others have to say about my story.

EternalSunset0

Might as well throw mine in, too.

Not sure what kind of content though, but I did get my first chapters reviewed on your other thread. I don't think you like my work enough to want to do a full analysis or read through everything, but alternative content seems possible.

If anything, I do think that I probably am one of the few who's trying to do something that looks so "physical LN" if you get my drift. From the compact arc-per-volume/book approach, the character index, the low chapter counts with many words, even down to the Japanese anime plot/character tropes and how an LN story flows. Heck, if I were a better artist, I would have snuck in insert art, too.

So you might be able to do something with that.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
First video up! (It was a learning experience)

IMG_20210805_144420.jpg

EternalSunset0

First video up! (It was a learning experience)

Subbed. I didn't think you'd look like that.

Now that that's out of the way...

Honestly, I enjoyed how chill the video is. You even gave a bit of context on yourself, and it's these kinds of videos where reviewers inject a bit of their personal backgrounds into it that I like. The video feels like something I'd enjoy leaving on while laying idle on bed to listen to.

It feels professional enough yet casual and easygoing.

Good luck.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Subbed. I didn't think you'd look like that.

Now that that's out of the way...

Honestly, I enjoyed how chill the video is. You even gave a bit of context on yourself, and it's these kinds of videos where reviewers inject a bit of their personal backgrounds into it that I like. The video feels like something I'd enjoy leaving on while laying idle on bed to listen to.

It feels professional enough yet casual and easygoing.

Good luck.
Thanks dude,

It was definitely a trial run and I hope to improve as I go. Good to hear what people like about it so I can focus on those things.