Make Chapter Views the "default" views instead of total views

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Since in my opinion chapter views are basically the only kind of views that matters. Page views without an accompanying chapter view is just someone clicking on the page, deciding they don't like it, and backspacing.

Of course, I'm not saying to get rid of total views since it's helpful for authors to identify if their synopsis isn't up to scratch or something. However, I do think that the "Popularity" ranking, the primary statistic value, as well as whatever is being used in trending mechanisms should be changed to match chapter views, as it is more indicative of a novel's true success rather than pure views (which includes people who thought the novel wasn't interesting and left immediately.)

Not a big deal, just a thought (and it is just my opinion.)

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I like how it incentivises authors to write longer stories.

Sii

I agree. I think Wattpad has this? Where it shows you the total views and the chapter views when you're actively in the chapter?

As far as I remember that's how it was before I delisted one of my older novels on there. I never actually read anything on there so I don't know if it had the same thing for reader view.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Slipping into the thread to bring support to the doggo of wrath.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
just make chapter view the forefront of the story and leave page views for analytic purposes in some Author-only option. or make it optional for them to be visible to readers.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
@Tony , is this enough people for you to consider an angry mob, or do we need more people with pitchforks?

This shouldn't be too hard to change, i'd think

JayDirex

A Doggo!! Bork! Bork! Bork!

and yes to chapter views! page views are low priority for me.

thedude3445

I agree with this. The total views are misleading and make it unclear how popular or unpopular a story is. It makes me happy to see how popular my stories have gotten until I actually look and see that 50% of the views were just the page, nothing else lol

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I agree with this. The total views are misleading and make it unclear how popular or unpopular a story is. It makes me happy to see how popular my stories have gotten until I actually look and see that 50% of the views were just the page, nothing else lol
I think that's a pretty normal ratio, but yeah, that's exactly my point. If anything, having a high page view count but low chapter count is a point against the story.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Average view per chapter gang. If you want real shit that (most likely) indicates the quality of the story then that is the best thing and you can't convince me otherwise.