Make Review tab more prominent

jacobpaige

The main reason I rarely look for new series here is that there are almost no series with reviews. I know that part of this is that so few stories are exclusive to this site or got their start here, but I think another big factor is that its simply too easy to miss the Review tab. I have to hunt for it every time I come here because I forget where it is and its so well hidden. If people could find it more easily, or didn't even have to look for it due to it not being a tab, then I think there would probably be more reviews, and thus more traffic on this site, and thus more people posting their work here.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Sure, why not? But honestly, doubt it will spur many more reviews. The community in general is just different, and overall, less focused on reviews as it’s much less serious compared to other platforms. A lot of reviews are just the result of review swaps anyway.

Then there’s also the whole SmutHub thing going for ScribbleHub. A lot of people may shy away from reviewing stories because of that.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
It would be nice to have more reviews. Reading reviews was one of the most fun parts of RR during the early years.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
As someone who is in the top 15 in review count and top 3 in 5-star reviews across the entire SH for one story - I wholeheartedly agree

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I always go through all the tabs in "details/glossary/stats" before finding where the reviews are everytime I want to check them :sweating_profusely:. Reviews are quite a bit down the page to be kept hidden for me.

Last edited:

scribesaga

I've published several stories, and continue to post new chapters, yet I have only received one review. I have to rely on ratings and favorites to know if people like what I write. It's easy to rate something, and I wonder if that could be the reason for people to overlook the review tab.

Nautiphilic

no. wth? EF no.

The absurd plethora of reviews on the site are rubbish enough, ALREADY. you desire more rubbish?
why is there no word MINIMUM to submit a review? assuming there is any manual curating of review. you will not have spamming to meet the word count. what do you see now? two sentence reviews?
two sentences DO NOT make a review. or three sentences all hid in a spoiler tag? therefore you get spoiled to see any of the review contents?????
that is not a review.

and the OPINION quote "REVIEW"S?
"story is fun. altho personally i do not like it so i give 3 stars".
that is not a review. no one gives a shit about your personal opinion. THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF A REVIEW. you are supposed to be REVIEWING THE NOVEL for what it is. NOT your rubbish opinion ffs!

and the majority of 5 star reviews are TOXIC on this site? you check reviews to see why someone likes it and what do you see?
"THIS THE BEST STORY IN 4EVER WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FORK IS WRONG WITH YOU WHY ARE YOU NOT READING IT YET STOP READING THIS REVIEW GO READ IT WTH!!!!!!!!!"
THAT IS NOT A REVIEW. and you will see that rubbish ALL OVER. what in the actual frick, you will see "REVIEWS" WHINING at any one who would disagree with there five star OPINION, like the novel is holy scripture shat out by bloody heavens above.
news flash: NO WRITING IS ABOVE REPROACH. LEAST OF NOT a wn that would make grammarly shit itself!
that is NOT a review. thats friggin braindead zealotry. "AGREE WITH ME OR YOU ARE RUBBISH YOU SCUM!"

and those reviews saying noting but praise for the author and they give 3 stars to the novel any way no explaining? cannot make this up.
that is a review? no. that is a FARCE!

^ You see the dilemma here. site littered by rubbish, and you want more? why not add a bloody dislike button for reviews to make the system more toxic?
You see authors complain because of shit reviews. You see authors drop novels because of shit reviews. You see authors QUIT THE SITE because of shit reviews. but fuck them because more reviews == more authors right?
Now encourage more uncurated reviews until enough authors raise complaint and admins make OPT OUT settings for reviews? Authors are asking for that setting NOW! CANNOT MAKE THIS UP! You get enough authors to opt out, decline all reviews and defeat the WHOLE BLOODY PURPOSE of the endeavour?

Be honest: compare all the above against WORSE reviews you will see on more wn sites. Do you really want scribbly to fall that hard?

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
no. wth? EF no.

The absurd plethora of reviews on the site are rubbish enough, ALREADY. you desire more rubbish?
why is there no word MINIMUM to submit a review? assuming there is any manual curating of review. you will not have spamming to meet the word count. what do you see now? two sentence reviews?
two sentences DO NOT make a review. or three sentences all hid in a spoiler tag? therefore you get spoiled to see any of the review contents?????
that is not a review.

that is not a review. no one gives a shit about your personal opinion. THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF A REVIEW. you are supposed to be REVIEWING THE NOVEL for what it is. NOT your rubbish opinion ffs!

and the majority of 5 star reviews are TOXIC on this site? you check reviews to see why someone likes it and what do you see?
"THIS THE BEST STORY IN 4EVER WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FORK IS WRONG WITH YOU WHY ARE YOU NOT READING IT YET STOP READING THIS REVIEW GO READ IT WTH!!!!!!!!!"
THAT IS NOT A REVIEW. and you will see that rubbish ALL OVER. what in the actual frick, you will see "REVIEWS" WHINING at any one who would disagree with there five star OPINION, like the novel is holy scripture shat out by bloody heavens above.
news flash: NO WRITING IS ABOVE REPROACH. LEAST OF NOT a wn that would make grammarly shit itself!
that is NOT a review. thats friggin braindead zealotry. "AGREE WITH ME OR YOU ARE RUBBISH YOU SCUM!"

and those reviews saying noting but praise for the author and they give 3 stars to the novel any way no explaining? cannot make this up.

^ You see the dilemma here. site littered by rubbish, and you want more? why not add a bloody dislike button for reviews to make the system more toxic?
You see authors complain because of shit reviews. You see authors drop novels because of shit reviews. You see authors QUIT THE SITE because of shit reviews. but fuck them because more reviews == more authors right?
Now encourage more uncurated reviews until enough authors raise complaint and admins make OPT OUT settings for reviews? Authors are asking for that setting NOW! CANNOT MAKE THIS UP! You get enough authors to opt out, decline all reviews and defeat the WHOLE BLOODY PURPOSE of the endeavour?

Be honest: compare all the above against WORSE reviews you will see on more wn sites. Do you really want scribbly to fall that hard?
Was interested to see your own reviews as you are so passionate about it, which I like... but your pofile is hidden from view. Oh, well.

While it's true that reviews are mostly opinions, you can't expect every single one of them to be essays about the novel, the style, the characters, the plot, etc. It would end up discouraging more reviews in the long run because most readers would think 'oh, this person put out a really fair review, why add another one?' which could be good, but an author wants more people talking about their fiction and more people writing reviews as opposed to one review that said it all. EVEN when those are just opinions.

Don't expect professional critique everywhere you go, fam. While it's good if there's any, don't be that mad if there's none.

jacobpaige

no. wth? EF no.

that is not a review.

With more reviews being written, more high quality reviews will be among them. There's also plenty of ways to design a review system so that the better, more useful reviews are pushed to the top. By your logic, we should do away with reviews altogether, and if that were the way this site went, I'd just leave and never come back, and many others wouldn't bother showing up in the first place, including the authors.