Mass Dungeon Core Reincarnation

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Every human being alive gets their souls ripped from their bodies and is sent over to a fantasy world as a Dungeon Core. The world is massive enough that several billion new cores isn't anything crazy, and the Gods there in fact harvest souls on this scale all the time. Because of that, the general perception the locals have of Dungeon Cores is "Usually useful for training, but if one isn't, no harm in breaking it and using the fragments as enchanting catalysts."

How would you build your dungeon in this scenario? What would be your overall goal? Would you try to reach out and help the other former humans if given the chance? Many of them would likely not know what to do as dungeons, and would thus risk being culled. . .

Dungeons in this world operate on Souls and Mana. Mana is used to take actions such as altering the environment and creating monsters, as per usual. Souls are used to determine how the mana can be used. Every Soul has certain affinities, the Dungeon's own Soul allows them to create their first monster blueprint using two Soul affinities and three trap blueprints using one each. Of course, most people have more than five(Anything you especially like or feel strongly would work)

For example; A Veterinarian might have affinities for various animals, as well as medicine. So they could use the Cat affinity plus the Medicine affinity to make big cats that regenerate. Then the Dog affinity for bear trap like traps? Little weird to use an animal affinity for a trap, ngl. . . Then the Horse affinity for a moving wall segment that can "kick" a target off a ledge. And the Snake affinity for envenomated darts.

After using the aspects of your own soul for a monster type and a few traps, you can only get more by killing invading creatures or sentients within your dungeon. Though properly Sapient creatures are more valuable. You would gain up to five Soul fragments, each containing one affinity from a killed creature, but the less intelligent the creature, the fewer and lower ranked aspects you'd gain. Basic monsters or animals would only grant an affinity for their type. So kill a wolf, gain the wolf affinity.

Once you have obtained Soul fragments you can use them in a few ways. Making new monsters, adding more aspects to existing monsters to get more complex/powerful monsters, and making new traps. But, most importantly, increasing your core size, which naturally requires many Soul fragments, but also grants upgraded forms of all of your creatures and traps, increases your mana pool, as well as expanding your area of influence. Additionally the types of loot you can manually create is determined by what affinities you have used for monsters or traps, fragments used to upgrade your core, or affinities you possessed that did not go into your first creations don't count towards loot options.

Lastly, as the Gods are not completely heartless(In their own opinion) they grant every Dungeon Core the option to chose one unique function. Though especially powerful functions will come with drawbacks. If you ask for infinite mana generation, then you'd gain your full mana capacity every second, but all the mana you don't use would spill out into the environment, basically ringing the world's largest dinner bell for any nearby monsters.

My top five affinities would be; Chaos, Moon, Winter, Slime, and Despair. So, I could use Chaos and Slime to create "Unstable Slimes" as my first monster. Unstable Slimes can have all sorts of odd things happen. They might be born without a core, thus being difficult to kill in melee combat but having short lifespans. Or they might explode for no apparent reason upon death. Perhaps they'd rarely have a separate elemental affinity like fire or ice without that being included in the blueprint. That sort of thing. Their most common drop would be "Variable Magic Stones" which when used in enchanting can be anywhere from failing to work, to better than a Dungeon Core fragment of the same rank. You know, play into the gambling side of things to help ensure my survival as a Core. As for traps Moon would be a gravity based trap that would reduce the targets weight unexpectedly throwing off their balance or causing collisions, Winter would turn an entire room into a cold harsh environment, and Despair would be a mist trap that acts as a poison that weighs on the victims psyche.

My Unique Function would be "Blackfire Crystals" which can be individually applied to my traps, causing more damage and increasing the mana gained on the target's death. The drawback is that anything killed in this manner would yield one fewer Soul fragments. It would influence my first few traps in differing ways. The Moon trap would have sharp crystals in the ceiling overhead or on nearby walls. The Winter trap would add a few large crystals throughout the room that seem hot, invaders might stop to warm up by the crystals, but they would not truly gain any warmth from them, merely the illusion of such as they slowly succumb to the frost. As for Despair, tiny crystals floating in the mist that will cause internal damage if inhaled.

I would of course go for a sprawling multi-floor layout with scaling difficulty. Since that'd be most suitable for adventurers. Of course since I'm mostly building downwards, I'm less likely to bump into other former humans. Buuut I'd at least try to help any I do happen across. Unless they're mean. Then I might just prey upon them instead.

My primary goal would be to use captured affinities to increase the range of slime type creatures I can use. Since my first type is "Unstable Slimes" all of my future slimes would have Slime and Chaos, in addition to whatever I upgrade them with. So add fire to get Blast Slimes that are more likely(But not guaranteed) to explode when they die. Or use Gluttony to make Devourer Slimes that love to eat, but each one has it's own specific food preference, often times unrelated to the adventurers. Though I could always kill a wild slime to regain the base "Slime" affinity and expand from there.

Also, isn't it funny that I drop an entire Dungeon Core system for a silly little prompt like this? Well, truth is, I come up with so many of them that there's no chance I'll use them all. Even if I get into my Dungeon Overlord character and do an anthology series of him traveling the multiverse becoming many different dungeons.

Last edited:

Plantorsomething

I don’t see how dungeon cores aren’t the big bitches in politics, especially if they’re all sentient. In a world where this isn’t a big deal, I’d say with generous estimates it’s about a billion or so times as large as Earth. So that it’d have the same affect as a party of seven people transporting to earth like world. If the reincarnations have more technology knowledge than normal people, all the more unlikely to not have a big impact.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Every human being alive gets their souls ripped from their bodies and is sent over to a fantasy world as a Dungeon Core. The world is massive enough that several billion new cores isn't anything crazy, and the Gods there in fact harvest souls on this scale all the time. Because of that, the general perception the locals have of Dungeon Cores is "Usually useful for training, but if one isn't, no harm in breaking it and using the fragments as enchanting catalysts."

How would you build your dungeon in this scenario? What would be your overall goal? Would you try to reach out and help the other former humans if given the chance? Many of them would likely not know what to do as dungeons, and would thus risk being culled. . .

Dungeons in this world operate on Souls and Mana. Mana is used to take actions such as altering the environment and creating monsters, as per usual. Souls are used to determine how the mana can be used. Every Soul has certain affinities, the Dungeon's own Soul allows them to create their first monster blueprint using two Soul affinities and three trap blueprints using one each. Of course, most people have more than five(Anything you especially like or feel strongly would work)

For example; A Veterinarian might have affinities for various animals, as well as medicine. So they could use the Cat affinity plus the Medicine affinity to make big cats that regenerate. Then the Dog affinity for bear trap like traps? Little weird to use an animal affinity for a trap, ngl. . . Then the Horse affinity for a moving wall segment that can "kick" a target off a ledge. And the Snake affinity for envenomated darts.

After using the aspects of your own soul for a monster type and a few traps, you can only get more by killing invading creatures or sentients within your dungeon. Though properly Sapient creatures are more valuable. You would gain up to five Soul fragments, each containing one affinity from a killed creature, but the less intelligent the creature, the fewer and lower ranked aspects you'd gain. Basic monsters or animals would only grant an affinity for their type. So kill a wolf, gain the wolf affinity.

Once you have obtained Soul fragments you can use them in a few ways. Making new monsters, adding more aspects to existing monsters to get more complex/powerful monsters, and making new traps. But, most importantly, increasing your core size, which naturally requires many Soul fragments, but also grants upgraded forms of all of your creatures and traps, increases your mana pool, as well as expanding your area of influence. Additionally the types of loot you can manually create is determined by what affinities you have used for monsters or traps, fragments used to upgrade your core, or affinities you possessed that did not go into your first creations don't count towards loot options.

Lastly, as the Gods are not completely heartless(In their own opinion) they grant every Dungeon Core the option to chose one unique function. Though especially powerful functions will come with drawbacks. If you ask for infinite mana generation, then you'd gain your full mana capacity every second, but all the mana you don't use would spill out into the environment, basically ringing the world's largest dinner bell for any nearby monsters.

My top five affinities would be; Chaos, Moon, Winter, Slime, and Despair. So, I could use Chaos and Slime to create "Unstable Slimes" as my first monster. Unstable Slimes can have all sorts of odd things happen. They might be born without a core, thus being difficult to kill in melee combat but having short lifespans. Or they might explode for no apparent reason upon death. Perhaps they'd rarely have a separate elemental affinity like fire or ice without that being included in the blueprint. That sort of thing. Their most common drop would be "Variable Magic Stones" which when used in enchanting can be anywhere from failing to work, to better than a Dungeon Core fragment of the same rank. You know, play into the gambling side of things to help ensure my survival as a Core. As for traps Moon would be a gravity based trap that would reduce the targets weight unexpectedly throwing off their balance or causing collisions, Winter would turn an entire room into a cold harsh environment, and Despair would be a mist trap that acts as a poison that weighs on the victims psyche.

My Unique Function would be "Blackfire Crystals" which can be individually applied to my traps, causing more damage and increasing the mana gained on the target's death. The drawback is that anything killed in this manner would yield one fewer Soul fragments. It would influence my first few traps in differing ways. The Moon trap would have sharp crystals in the ceiling overhead or on nearby walls. The Winter trap would add a few large crystals throughout the room that seem hot, invaders might stop to warm up by the crystals, but they would not truly gain any warmth from them, merely the illusion of such as they slowly succumb to the frost. As for Despair, tiny crystals floating in the mist that will cause internal damage if inhaled.

I would of course go for a sprawling multi-floor layout with scaling difficulty. Since that'd be most suitable for adventurers. Of course since I'm mostly building downwards, I'm less likely to bump into other former humans. Buuut I'd at least try to help any I do happen across. Unless they're mean. Then I might just prey upon them instead.

My primary goal would be to use captured affinities to increase the range of slime type creatures I can use. Since my first type is "Unstable Slimes" all of my future slimes would have Slime and Chaos, in addition to whatever I upgrade them with. So add fire to get Blast Slimes that are more likely(But not guaranteed) to explode when they die. Or use Gluttony to make Devourer Slimes that love to eat, but each one has it's own specific food preference, often times unrelated to the adventurers. Though I could always kill a wild slime to regain the base "Slime" affinity and expand from there.
i shall be the Dungeon of Minor Inconvenience. Stubbed toes. Trying to sneeze, but cant. You socks inexplicably starting to fall inside your shoe. Red lights everywhere, and you cant proceed until it turns green...and it takes forever to do so.

All these and more....until I drive you slowly insane....

BigHoodieBoy

First, when immediately when walking in is a sign that welcomes them to the ‘Maze of Training’, with the purpose of deterring high ranking people. Next is a medium sized maze with Goblins and Bat monsters inside it. No one likes maze dungeons, make them not want to attack me when there is 7B+ others to attack.

If they get through the maze and are intent on continuing the attack, then comes a small room, with a magic sword in it. If they grab the magic sword, a trap activates, sealing all exits, and is unable to be dispersed unless using high ranking magic.(which one usually wouldn’t have in my weak dungeon filled with Goblins and Bats) If they either have high ranking magic or decide to not take the sword, then there is a Ice Type Goblin Mage, with 5 Hoblins to fight against.

If they get through that and decide to continue onward, they will find a chest, which is actually a mimic. However, the mimic is special. The mimic is called a ‘Cursed Mimic’, which holds stuff like a normal chest, but whoever reaches gets cursed to slowly become another cursed mimic, slowly expanding my army of cursed mimics. Next is the room I am in, which will have 5 Skeleton archers, 3 Skeleton swordsman, 3 skeleton spearman, and 1 Curse Type Lich.

All in all, I’m aiming for a dungeon with the premise of too hard for newbies and not worth it for the strong.

also stay away from other cores, not worth it. People are greedy and would gladly throw someone else under the bus if it meant survival(including me). If I meet one, try to make a symbiotic relationship with them, but always be prepared to be backstabbed and backstab.

Last edited:

Chaos_Sinner777

I don’t see how dungeon cores aren’t the big bitches in politics, especially if they’re all sentient. In a world where this isn’t a big deal, I’d say with generous estimates it’s about a billion or so times as large as Earth. So that it’d have the same affect as a party of seven people transporting to earth like world. If the reincarnations have more technology knowledge than normal people, all the more unlikely to not have a big impact.
That depends quite a bit on how well they can interact with their environment and other beings. They might not be able to talk to humanoid races, or build complicated machinery. There are probably some really powerful ancient cores around though.

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…

I will ask the gods to have the ability to deeply understand how everything works. (What souls are, what mana is, are the laws of physics the same here, are the elements the same, quantum mechanics, etc.)

That would also make one of my affinities learning/knowledge/science, my next affinity would be isolation/hermit, third it would be either creator(ion)/composer/writing most likely landing on creation, fourth would be imagination, and fifth would be patience.

My monster types would either be ambush hunters of some sort (isolation, patience), a sapient race/creature (learning and imagination or creation).

My traps would be isolation space, illusion field (imagination), and more basic traps (creation).

I would first see if I could feel/control mana in my surroundings. If so I would try to keep my mana locked in my core. I would then burrow into the ground, and, if possible, would try to hide my core. Then I would create a testing room. There I would test all of my abilities.

First spawn a monster using learning and creation. See if I could communicate with it. If not then I would start working on my traps. If I can, I would try and teach it how to make tools. I would try to teach it words, and basic math.

Then I would make an illusion field at the entrance to my dungeon that makes it both look and feel like dirt. People would then ignore it. If someone does fall in, I would destroy, or manipulate the field to make it seem as if the person who fell in had fallen into a shallow cave/pit. I would use a creation trap to make either a false wall that leads into the burrow, or a fallen boulder.

If my monster(s) can talk and/or make tools, I would send them out at night. I would have them hunt small animals, and bring their soul fragments to me. I would assimilate them until I can create a new type of monster, or add an attribute to an existing type of monster (3 attributes, instead of 2). I would prioritize creating a monster with the learning, creation, and imagination attributes, but if I must stick to 2’s my next monster would be patience and isolation. They would probably become ambush predators.

I will teach the sapient monsters basic science and have them come up with experiments. I would allso experiment with my mana control. See if I could do magic. If so I would have the monsters experiment with the applications of magic. If not I will study in peace slowly gaining power, until I can get info on the magic system.

Hopefully I will keep my existence under wraps, but if not I would create a bunch of isolation traps. Making my dungeon a royal pain in the ass to attack. Eventually when my sapient monsters have enough knowledge to create a society of their own, I would have them make a town on the surface. I will prevent them from attacking, theiving, and harming any other sapient life. Their goal would be to find and harvest recourses for both themselves and myself.

If possible I would have them stay isolated from the greater world, but if impossible, I would want them to seem less like monsters than anything else. Perhaps an urban legend.

Eventually I would have them learn magic, and explore the world for other human cores. I would then see if communication is possible. If not I would create a device to make it possible.

If mages come to collect me as materials, I would hopefully be able to convince them to trade instead of fight. I would also have the entrance to my dungeon hidden as a random place in the sewers. Eventually it could be found, but I hope my previous efforts would help me.

My long term goals would be to create a society that rivals/exceeds our own in knowledge. Create something that could rival the gods, and see if I could create a humanesque body.

Short term, survive, find/create a way to study the world, find a supply of soul fragments.

BigHoodieBoy

First, when immediately when walking in is a sign that welcomes them to the ‘Maze of Training’, with the purpose of deterring high ranking people. Next is a medium sized maze with Goblins and Bat monsters inside it. No one likes maze dungeons, make them not want to attack me when there is 7B+ others to attack.

If they get through the maze and are intent on continuing the attack, then comes a small room, with a magic sword in it. If they grab the magic sword, a trap activates, sealing all exits, and is unable to be dispersed unless using high ranking magic.(which one usually wouldn’t have in my weak dungeon filled with Goblins and Bats) If they either have high ranking magic or decide to not take the sword, then there is a Ice Type Goblin Mage, with 5 Hoblins to fight against.

If they get through that and decide to continue onward, they will find a chest, which is actually a mimic. However, the mimic is special. The mimic is called a ‘Cursed Mimic’, which holds stuff like a normal chest, but whoever reaches gets cursed to slowly become another cursed mimic, slowly expanding my army of cursed mimics. Next is the room I am in, which will have 5 Skeleton archers, 3 Skeleton swordsman, 3 skeleton spearman, and 1 Curse Type Lich.

All in all, I’m aiming for a dungeon with the premise of too hard for newbies and not worth it for the strong.

also stay away from other cores, not worth it. People are greedy and would gladly throw someone else under the bus if it meant survival(including me). If I meet one, try to make a symbiotic relationship with them, but always be prepared to be backstabbed and backstab.
Also, in case it wasn't obvious, the power I asked for was the power to give Monsters affinities, changing them genetically, giving them new strengths, but not without new weaknesses. Also can only have one affinity at a time.
Here are the pros and cons for each one, as well as some new monsters I'm adding to the initial draft
Ice Goblin Mage(Ice Affinity+Goblin Mage)
Pros: Better at Ice Magic. Slightly faster and tougher. More resistance against Ice Magic and Water Magic
Cons: Worse at all other Magic. Slightly weaker. Less Resistance against Fire Magic
Curse Mimic(Curse Affinty+Mimic)
Pros: Less likely to be found out as a mimic. Can curse now.
Cons: Loses Teeth and pretty all offensive ability.
Curse Lich(Curse Affinty+Lich)
Pros: Better at Curse Magic, stronger against curse magic. Less Body mass to hit.
Cons: Slower moving speed and longer cast time. Weaker to Holy(or something like that) magic
(NEW) Undead Bat(Undead Affinity+Bat)
Appearance: Rarely seen in the maze.
Pros: Stronger against slashing and stabbing weapons as it is dead.
Cons: Weaker to Holy Magic
(NEW) Hidden Boss: Peak Goblin (Goblin Affinty+Goblin.)
Appearance: Locked room at a dead end of the maze, and can only be unlocked by finding 5 keys hidden in the maze.
Pros: Better than Hobgoblin in all psychical aspects. Better than Goblin Mages in all Magic aspects.
Cons: Can only have one at a time. Consumed by bloodthirst.

Hidden Boss room:
1 Peak Goblin equipped with a steel spear
1000 Gold
3 Steel Swords
4 Health potions.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
I'd go full mind control affinity, disguise the entrance as surroundings and send most adventurers back with a wiped memory of the place so nobody suspects my presence early on. (If people have means of detecting dungeons at range or mind control immunity is readily available, I'm f*cked, but I'm willing to bet)
The few interesting ones are either stand-in defense in case someone resists or willing sacrifices for more affinities.
My unique ability would be to make anything that is aware of me, but has no intention to fight me part of myself.

Then go on a hunt for dungeon cores to take over.

sereminar

Hope that I land deep in the ocean. Build all entrances and hallways as small as allowable (I didn't see any rules against them being like 1cm/1cm). Hope the crushing pressure and awkward location gives me time to really dig in and start building.

Migrate to one of those vents at the bottoms of trenches and slowly start harvesting the life there for points or whatever as well as enjoying the extreme temperatures to ward off nasty people who want my shiny butt

GreenHexagon

Error: Forbidden
Hope I land like on a mountain at least a thousand feet (a kilometer assuming most races can ignore oxygen thining) above sea level.

Room 0: A large cathedral with an angel statue at the far wall. The angel has a tablet that reads "follow the 7 truths or you shall be punished". A door opens and if there is a party they will be split up into several dimensions to challenge me alone.

Room 1:
Nothing but 500 red lights and two exits, one being open. If the challenger waits 500 hours (1 hour per light), the closed-door opens and the open door closes. If the challenger races through the open door, it closes and they are bombarded by several skeletons equal to however many lights were left (If they entered the door as soon as possible, 500 skeletons. 400 lights left? 400 skeletons).

Hallway 1:
If you passed the 20-day challenge that was room 1, you are led to a hallway that has one chest inside it. It contains:
1x Uncommon (or the equivalent) Sword
1x Uncommon (or the equivalent) Bow
1x Uncommon (Or the equivalent) Staff
You may pick one of the three and upon picking the others disappear into a mist, ready to be re-used for the next challenger.

Room 2:
After upgrading your loot (assuming you start with common loot), you are led to another room, full of whatever the applicable physical currency is. Two doors again but both are closed. You can only pick up an amount up to or equal to 500 dollars or else the second door opens, and you are again bombarded by skeletons equal to the extra dollar amount. In the case that you only picked up a few cents extra, you are robbed of your currency and routed to an alternate version of the first door (explained in hallway 2).

Hallway 2:
Another hallway with a chest, this time with the exact amount you picked up in physical currency. and a rare version of whatever you picked up in hallway 1. If you took too much you are given nothing and are stuck with your uncommon weapon.

Room 3:

Again, two doors. There is a statue of a child wearing rags and their arms open. You must drop the physical currency you received in the last hallway, or the child disappears and the room is flooded with elite skeletons. Dropping the bag (and optionally head patting the child) causes the child to look up at you and smile. While the first door opens.

Hallway 3:
The same setup, except the child, is there instead of the chest, giving you a bag filled with double the amount in the bag you gave.

Room 4 (Pre-lude to Boss):
Empty, except for 20 immortal wooden dummies. You must fight those dummies until you grow in mastery of your weapon significantly.

Hallway 4:
The child is back, and is giving you either:

Sword of Virtue[Legendary] (General Overpowered Sword)
Tome of Knowledge[Legendary] (Empty at first, but fills with every known spell as you gain magic mastery)
Arrow of Infinity [Legendary] (basically makes your bow gain the Minecraft infinity enchant)

Room 5:
A Skeleton King is sitting on a throne. He looks at you as soon as you enter and speaks.
"Your morals may be shaky {name}, but you know what the truths of the universe are"
The skeleton King stays silent and doesn't attack. If you attack him, he grabs you, takes your items, and yeets you outside an alternate exit, back to room 0. Attempting to strike a conversation with him and succeeding will upgrade your legendary into a mythic opening a door back to room 0, Failing opens the same door.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
That is easy, I would make my unique affinity that I would gain mana and souls from worship. And make my dungeon full of cats! All the treasure would be cat toys.

It will be called: Mofu Mofu Paradise~

Where one can mofu mofu all the cats they can ever dream!

It won't be long till I dominate the entire planet! No one can resist the temptation!

Chaos_Sinner777

That is easy, I would make my unique affinity that I would gain mana and souls from worship. And make my dungeon full of cats! All the treasure would be cat toys.

It will be called: Mofu Mofu Paradise~

Where one can mofu mofu all the cats they can ever dream!

It won't be long till I dominate the entire planet! No one can resist the temptation!

Gaining mana and souls from worship sounds powerful enough that the gods would assign a downside. However, I Chaos, approve greatly of a Cat Worship and petting dungeon, so I shall allow that major benefit with no downsides.

YueLqn

Also, isn't it funny that I drop an entire Dungeon Core system for a silly little prompt like this? Well, truth is, I come up with so many of them that there's no chance I'll use them all. Even if I get into my Dungeon Overlord character and do an anthology series of him traveling the multiverse becoming many different dungeons.

its a frog cult and theres cute frogs everywhere
people die of cuteness
everything is pastel
and bright
vaporize the emo
spread the frog cult