Metus contest share thread!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5560
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5560

Thought I'd make a thread for folks to share their stories for the Metus contest! I'll do my best to also compile them by theme for people looking for stories that follow a specific theme, but y'know, I'm lazy.

Pleeeaaaase follow this general template tho. Heh. :blob_popcorn:

Story Title:
Author:
Contest Theme(s): (For reference: Halloween, Life Craft, Organised Crime)
Elevator Pitch: This is NOT your story's synopsis! This should be a short one or two sentence sales pitch as to what makes your story interesting and why you think people might like to read it! It's for people browsing this thread looking for a quick reference to what your story is and why it may appeal to them. Eg. "My story follows the story of Protagonist slowly sinking into the world of organised crime undercover, seeking revenge for the murder of his mother at the hands of the Don of the DeItaliano family. It's a complex character-driven story that mostly explores the idea of freedom of forgiveness versus the vindication of revenge, and the toxic cycle of violence."
LINK TO YOUR STORY [yikes, I forgot this in the initial OP, sorry folks that's my mistake. I'm including links to all stories in this post but if you'd like to edit your posts to include them, that would help!]

Go forth and pimp yourself! And good luck everyone with their entries.

Q: Why are posting this in the "Story Feedback" subforum? You're not seeking feedback on these stories.
A: You could say I'm seeking passive feedback in terms of view counts and readerships as per the parameters of the contest. But also I think as a community we can all quietly come together and agree that this forum is less "seeking feedback" motivated and more "blatant self-advertising" motivated.

HALLOWEEN
The Queen of Darkness by sushirollw [thread post]
Secret Marriage: My Wife Spoils Me Everyday by whatislife [thread post]
Mononohare: The Mystery of Shinjubiki by AmericanWeeb [thread post]
The Festival of Lies by flucket
Beyond the Iron Gate by Tessa_Renalds [thread post]
Sins Will Follow by Sii [thread post]

LIFE CRAFT
Mononohare: The Mystery of Shinjubiki by AmericanWeeb [thread post]

ORGANISED CRIME
Sins Will Follow by Sii [thread post]

Last edited by a moderator:
How nice!
Here's mine then!
Title: The Queen of Darkness
Author: me, Sushirollw!
contest theme: Halloween (Horror)

Elevator pitch: (I really am bad at writing this, you bet!)
the protagonist who is the queen of all the dark beings on earth (not included the demon race) and.... she is also a human but hates humans:blob_uwu: Her journey will be accompanied by her strong, funny, unique yet scary friends&subordinates, in order to protect their home and the other dark beings from the demon race and of course, humans who wanted the dark beings on earth to disappear. She also had to hide her true identity from the other strong dark beings, because if they knew..... read the story pls. LOL.
Fyi: I got a lot of inspiration from my home country, Bali Indonesia, especially for the dark creatures that exist in my story. Thus, you could learn about some ghosts or dark beings from Indonesia:blob_pout: of course, I mixed it and add some spices to fit my fantasy story...

placeintime

Yeeting myself out
Ok then here's mine:
Title: Secret Marriage: My Wife Spoils Me Everyday
Author: whatislife
Contest theme: Halloween (Deception)
Elevator pitch: My novel is more of character growth of the main protagonist, where over the course of the novel, he's trying to regain his memory, and throughout the novel, his wife is trying to stop him from regaining his memory. It's a novel based on the trust that occurs in marriage and regaining that you have once lost.

AmericanWeeb

Story Title: Mononohare: The Mystery of Shinjubiki
Author: AmericanWeeb
Contest Theme(s): Halloween Aspect Theme - Apparitions | Life Craft - Clairvoyance
Elevator pitch: It has comedy... you want to know more? Read it. You don't wanna? Then you've wasted your time by not reading mine. To be honest, it's not just comedy. It's more than that... but hey, I am not setting any expectations flags. So long-story-short, it's Mini-Monogatari-styled writing, full of ramblings and off-topic dialogues, but most of all, each chapter correlates to its theme.

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
Story Title: Mononohare: The Mystery of Shinjubiki
Author: AmericanWeeb
Contest Theme(s): Halloween Aspect Theme - Apparitions | Life Craft - Clairvoyance
Elevator pitch: It has comedy... you want to know more? Read it. You don't wanna? Then you've wasted your time by not reading mine. To be honest, it's not just comedy. It's more than that... but hey, I am not setting any expectations flags. So long-story-short, it's Mini-Monogatari-styled writing, full of ramblings and off-topic dialogues, but most of all, each chapter correlates to its theme.
why you changed your pfp :blob_teary::blob_teary:.
The Fuhrer has been betrayed.:blob_teary:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Thought I'd make a thread for folks to share their stories for the Metus contest! I'll do my best to also compile them by theme for people looking for stories that follow a specific theme, but y'know, I'm lazy.
I thought @Alverost was going to make a thread for the contest entries.
'-'

Well, it's nice that you've made this thread.
(^-^)

X

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Story Title: Beyond The Iron Gate
Author: Tessa Renalds
Contest Theme(s): Halloween
Elevator Pitch: This horror story follows Rexi Oak, a young adult girl who lost her leg to a monster. She and her friends are chosen to go into the forest. And they have to face their biggest fears from within.
LINK TO YOUR STORY: Beyond the Iron Gate

Sii

Story Title: Sins Will Follow
Author: Sii
Contest Theme(s): Organized Crime, Halloween (Horror)
Elevator Pitch: Bloody initiations, hit men with warped views on morality, and the angry spirits of their victims.
Linl: Sins Will Follow

LuceLucky

This is a great thread! Cool idea, thank you!

Title: No Good Deed
Author: LuceLucky
Contest theme:
Organized crime
Elevator pitch: Hitman is experiencing a midlife crisis and wants to try being normal for once. He has bad timing, though, because the city's strongest mafia families are starting a war, and his skills are wanted. Meanwhile there those who want HIM to start his own famiglia.

Features: trope subversion + (yan/kuu)dere characters + the eighties aesthetic + pulp fiction and comedic elements + character development + biplatonic harem (yes, that's a thing)

Link:

LuceLucky

i'll just shamelessly plug my own work here and copy Luce post

Title: Veni Vidi Vici
Author: Me
Contest theme: Organized crime
Elevator pitch: truthfully,i've got no plan for this novel :sweating_profusely:

Link:
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/166603/veni-vidi-vici/
PicsArt_09-05-04.05.31.jpg

Your cover picture is horrifying lol.

Seerier

Well, Newbie here. Here's mine.

Title: A love in Time Saves Nine Lives
Author: Shou23
Contest theme: Halloween ---> Horror
Elevator pitch: Most likely in the process of becoming more interesting....maybe, a ghost that's scare of ghosts? An emotional roller-coaster! As a scaredy cat myself, I'm writing this in the daytime only! Meaning deeper into the story it's going to be a bit chilly!

Link:

Riese

Just a writer for fun
Title: My Evil GF
Author: Riese
Contest theme: Organized crime
Elevator pitch: A Yuri yandere story of three childhood friends.

Link:

Just saw this thread. I hope you guys would try reading it!:blob_hide:

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
Story Title: Hollow/Eve
Author: Yairy
Contest Theme(s): Organized Crime, Halloween (Horror)
Pitch: Action horror with unique characters and a fantastical world. If you're into strong main female leads that goes against the odds to find a bit of hope in a hopeless world then this is the story for you. Strong character focused story too.

Impurrfectionist

Story Title: Valley under the Cliff
Author: Impurrfectionist
Contest Theme(s): Halloween
Elevator Pitch: Sahil, who appeared normal had the ability to see what was not visible to normal people. He could see ghosts since he was child. He learnt to adapt in his situation and ignored all the crazy happenings around him. A ghost tripping someone, pranking someone or even committing heinous crimes, he learned to ignore, until a cat changed everything. Sahil had to mingle in the societies, he so hated and even had to deal with reapers.
LINK TO YOUR STORY-