Writing Prompt Min-maxing Hero

Terragammaton

I'm thinking of a heroic character set in a fantasy world of a warring era between races. There's no actual system or interface going in-universe, but there are replacements for them. So a hero who is technically a jack of all trades class, but unlike the usual OP for anything, his OP ability is just his insane will to overcome obstacles with of course, a special skill belonging only to him. The special skill isn't OP, just something to make him stand out from the rest. There's no plot armor, I'll strive not to. The hero is born with low stats due to the circumstances behind his rebirth. This is not a reincarnation or transmigration story, but a revival. He learns that the world is unforgiving on the weak, and only those with power or wealth are able to mingle with the upper stratum of the world. He also learns that he's starting point is harder compared to others, due to his constitution which is related to his origins. Where others are able to do multiple things at once or are normally able to do what others are suppose to do, he is considered abnormal, because he can't do the same thing as his peers. He isn't blessed. He isn't almighty and never will be in this world. He isn't shallow enough to believe kindness and gratitude will be returned all the time. A desperate hard worker, who foolishly believes he can rise above others!

The only perk he has is shifting all his attainments and power into one form or movement in quick successions. Of course, there is backlash to doing this. There will be short training scenes to show how he mastered them one by one. He will gain a few friends, fewer comrades, and nothing in the end? The strongest hero who was never sung! Will a min-maxing hero story like this be entertaining to write and read? I'm just posting here to settle my thoughts.

Last edited:

Gerazzza

the world is vast. you can literally have any kind of plot and still have a group of readers that'll like what you write. if it's what you enjoy writing then feel free. from how you describe it, story seems to be more on the edge side just without the revenge part, only about him persevering through the harshness of the world alone without help(at least until the few friends fewer comrades come along into the story later on, but i would guess his character development itself at this point would already be set). i believe there's quite a crowd that likes that type of novels, at least from my experience so ye, if you enjoy writing that then go for it.

SmallHiki

Doesn't seem bad. Since you're trying to say that your character ain't a cheat, how about adding a rival who is a cheat? In that way, we can compare and see the difference in growth between the two.
This is just some random thoughts, don't mind if you have something more concrete in mind.

shotaboy

Doesn't seem bad. Since you're trying to say that your character ain't a cheat, how about adding a rival who is a cheat? In that way, we can compare and see the difference in growth between the two.
This is just some random thoughts, don't mind if you have something more concrete in mind.
can you help me think of a character