Minor trope that always annoyed me

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
One trope (off the top of my head) that irritates me is the one where character A and B (maybe more) are in a "crowded area" and have to keep together for one reason or another yet almost immediately afterwards they get swept away by a flood of people, even after the characters try and prevent that by holding hands or something.

It just feels kinda irritating and cheap, like the shirt tag of something bought on clearance rubbing on the back of your neck

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I don’t mind as much as the inverse where two characters just happen to meet randomly in a massive city with millions of people. If you’ve watched the Rent a Girlfriend anime it’s so bad, since every major plot point is progress by two or more characters randomly meeting by coincidence.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
I don’t mind as much as the inverse where two characters just happen to meet randomly in a massive city with millions of people. If you’ve watched the Rent a Girlfriend anime it’s so bad, since every major plot point is progress by two or more characters randomly meeting by coincidence.
yea that is also Such Bull to include in a story n irritating especially when there's not even a halfhearted explanation as to why the other party was there

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
by two or more characters randomly meeting by coincidence.
Eh, that's fate. It's just a trope, but it's a comforting one so it gets a pass from me.
they get swept away by a flood of people, even after the characters try and prevent that by holding hands or something.
This one's a little more grey for me. Like... If you've ever been in a crowd, it's easy to get lost. As a trope though, it's a little... odd.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Eh, that's fate. It's just a trope, but it's a comforting one so it gets a pass from me.

This one's a little more grey for me. Like... If you've ever been in a crowd, it's easy to get lost. As a trope though, it's a little... odd.
Checking the tvtropes link out, and I just gotta say, some trope names are just fucking hilarious
1664073789799.png

This stuff must be great when taken out of context. Like pointing out when someone refers to a trope in conversation by saying it's whacky ass name.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Pretty annoying, but I'd say horror movie tropes are worse.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I don't mind any tropes, so long as they are well written.

DonHon

Cat enthusiast
turn your brain off its the only way to love it
and i hate the misundestanding trope its so unfunny like man

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
If you’ve watched the Rent a Girlfriend anime it’s so bad, since every major plot point is progress by two or more characters randomly meeting by coincidence.
You'd think that by 200+ chapters Kazuya would get used to Chizuru's presence but it's been canonically almost half a fucking decade since the first chapter and he STILL acts like a wrung rag every time she's within a 5-mile vicinity.

Yes, I'm still reading it, but only out of spite. I skip to the last 5 pages on each new update just to see if the mangaka has done scamming the magazine and his readers. I'll say this to anyone who's considering picking up the series; read the first 20 chapters, then multiply it tenfold. That's Rent a Girlfriend. You get 1 (one) cliffhanger signalling something major, but get something lower than your worst expectations for a follow-up.

Unless you want that final push for you to play swing with your ceiling fan, stay far away.

ACertainPassingUser

True, I also didn't like how that sounds.
If you're both adults and have good conscience and already holding hands securely, and move carefully, it's rather hard to be swept up by crowds unless it's that dense.

Plus it's normal to near-hug the other person if the crowds is simply that dense.

And I also hate similar trope when two or more people simply split up in situations where they should stay together, and ono of them ends up dying or missing or stuff.

But these splitting up and die later trope seems to be died out these years. Or i simply didn't watch those genres that normally have that tropes. Well, whatever.

EternalSunset0

You'd think that by 200+ chapters Kazuya would get used to Chizuru's presence but it's been canonically almost half a fucking decade since the first chapter and he STILL acts like a wrung rag every time she's within a 5-mile vicinity.

Yes, I'm still reading it, but only out of spite. I skip to the last 5 pages on each new update just to see if the mangaka has done scamming the magazine and his readers. I'll say this to anyone who's considering picking up the series; read the first 20 chapters, then multiply it tenfold. That's Rent a Girlfriend. You get 1 (one) cliffhanger signalling something major, but get something lower than your worst expectations for a follow-up.

Unless you want that final push for you to play swing with your ceiling fan, stay far away.
Do you watch it, though? Semi-related but they keep putting out season after season so maybe the endgame is to reach the point where they get to animate chapter 218.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Checking the tvtropes link out, and I just gotta say, some trope names are just fucking hilarious
View attachment 15425
This stuff must be great when taken out of context. Like pointing out when someone refers to a trope in conversation by saying it's whacky ass name.
cow tools, noodle incidents and noodle implements. ridiculous trope names are par for the course.
oops, cant forget apothecary alligator.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Do you watch it, though? Semi-related but they keep putting out season after season so maybe the endgame is to reach the point where they get to animate chapter 218.
I haven't watched anime since dropping Jojo Pt. 5 halfway. I can't stand how slow the pacing is compared to my time spent reading manga.

They're still animating that shit? God, it's like One Piece without the fun and the quality. Hell, the "One Piece" in Rental isn't even that satisfying to get. Chizuru, in ANY OTHER anime, would be a 6/10 tertiary character.