Mirroring story from own site, okay or not?

Hungry

Hello! I've been writing an active web serial for quite a while, via my own wordpress site, and recently I got around to mirroring it on Royal Road. I didn't even know Scribblehub existed, and after poking around the forums and community, this seems like a very welcoming place, especially for LGBT/queer fiction. However, I can't seem to find any guidelines about story mirroring. Is that okay, or disallowed here?

Tony

Staff member
Hello! I've been writing an active web serial for quite a while, via my own wordpress site, and recently I got around to mirroring it on Royal Road. I didn't even know Scribblehub existed, and after poking around the forums and community, this seems like a very welcoming place, especially for LGBT/queer fiction. However, I can't seem to find any guidelines about story mirroring. Is that okay, or disallowed here?

Of course it's okay! Also, welcome to Scribble Hub! :blob_party:

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be allowed. Welcome!

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
You mean more BL?

Fujoshi Fish approves!!! :blob_nom:

Hungry

LWFlouisa

If mirroring is not ok on your own website, run as far away from that website as possible.

Hi! Looking forward to seeing what you've cooked up, fellow LGBT writer :3

Ditto! Welcome, from another LGBT writer.

LWFlouisa

Scribblehub is really super friendly to LGBT writers, which is great! No fear here :blob_reach:

Yea I was honestly surprised, as it otherwise seems completely the opposite of wattpad. There is a chance I might actually overcome the writers block I was developing slowly over time there.

keitaro-sempai

The First Will's Origin
There's a couple of writers with their own fantasy universe made of half a dozen stories or so and the main story revolves around a transgender couple, both were guys genderswaped because the Emergence (main drive for all their universe), realizing then the cause of their unhappiness was being in a male body.
So yeah, this is a welcoming place for that and a lot more of genres than most pages out there

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
If you can't mirror a story on any page, stay the fuck away from it. Otherwise, mirror the fuck out of it here, we welcome that shit like gold.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I was also pleasantly surprised by this when I switched over.
As opposed to being pleasantly surprised, I'm relatively saddened that gay writing isn't as supported as I thought to be elsewhere in the net.

LostinMovement

As opposed to being pleasantly surprised, I'm relatively saddened that gay writing isn't as supported as I thought to be elsewhere in the net.

It's kind of sad. RR has this sort of passive aggressive stance on LGBT works, especially BL. They think every BL story is a pile of senseless smut, which isn't true. Some of us, LGBT writers, do care about plot and characterization. Surprising, isn't it ? LOL

I don't understand why depicting sexual content, and in particular gay sex scene, is such a huge issue. Just adding the mature content tag or a warning notice in the description should be more than enough for those who might be uncomfortable with the subject matter. Why do writers have to suffer for this ? Why the underlying stigma against non-hetero ( specially male) protagonists ?

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
It's kind of sad. RR has this sort of passive aggressive stance on LGBT works, especially BL. They think every BL story is a pile of senseless smut, which isn't true. Some of us, LGBT writers, do care about plot and characterization. Surprising, isn't it ? LOL

I don't understand why depicting sexual content, and in particular gay sex scene, is such a huge issue. Just adding the mature content tag or a warning notice in the description should be more than enough for those who might be uncomfortable with the subject matter. Why do writers have to suffer for this ? Why the underlying stigma against non-hetero ( specially male) protagonists ?

Not only is this a reader issue, but also one encouraged and perpetuated by admins and mods.

LWFlouisa

Ah so that wasn't just my general impression about Royal Road?

Also I'm pleasantly surprised, I got entirely the wrong impression of here. I think it was going to be another Royal Road, which was kind of a negative experience for me, but in a different way from Wattpad: in fact, the opposite problem.

I want a site that treats LGBT writers like human beings; not special, not awful. Just people.