Moonquill

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Anyone have any experience with this site? What is it exactly? Is it just another place to post stories but its curated? It seems different somehow and I can't figure it out.

ArcanePunkster

Just had a quick look from what I saw it seems to be another variant of the Webtoon/Tapas style websites.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Anyone have any experience with this site? What is it exactly? Is it just another place to post stories but its curated? It seems different somehow and I can't figure it out.
Its undergoing a lot of reconstruction so some of it at times can be buggy but I have several stories I read there. The layout is fairly simple. I like it. Quite few people I know actually earn income from writing on that site. I don't know how much, but Moonquill has a sort of thing where they can help you with earning from your writing. And if you finish a manuscript, you can join their publishing contract which I actually see as a good one. No bullshit ripoff like Webnovel is. They get rid of a lot of the hassle. They do cover-art and editing in-house. But it has to be a finished manuscript.

I'm not saying you'll get rich, but its one of the few places where when the contract looks to good to be true, its still true. I spoke with several of the upperheads of the site on various occasions and they are good people. But like I said, their "premium publishing contract" is for finished manuscripts only and they have people that take a look at it and determine if they want to accept it. Quite a few artists I know are doing generally well.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Tapas was another one I just discovered. What's the difference there?

And then @discount blade, do they accept nonfinished manuscript to be published serially. And is there still room to publish other places if you accept to be published there? I read their entire agreement and wasn't 100% sure.

ArcanePunkster

And then @discount blade, do they accept nonfinished manuscript to be published serially. And is there still room to publish other places if you accept to be published there? I read their entire agreement and wasn't 100% sure.

Tapas and Webtoon are more geared towards Manhua/Manga and Anime fans that feature original English works under that style of art and writing (Webtoon first and foremost is a South Korean website so most of the English works follow the Manhua format of things). Both those sites you can earn an income through subscribes from readers, however, the only reason I don't publish my work there is 1) I'm not great at drawing 2) it seems a bit more professional than a hobbyist in terms of presentation.

On the other hand, this website (Moonquill) seems more open to hobbyist writers and to be honest I might be interested in posting my isekai story there.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off

You can post there like anywhere else. Serials are fine. And the contract, I'm not entirely sure about exclusivity, but I know who you can ask.

There is a guy called Moon on the Moonquill Discord you can ask. He explained a lot of it to me. He's one of the higher-ups on the site.