Motsu's free editing and feedback thread!

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Want me to give you feedback?
Go ahead and show me your story.

「Nice to meet you! Call me Motsu or Nash—I am a freelancing editor and author. I collaborated through different projects and assisted many new writers in their journey of creating a deliberate yet appealing story. You can also contact me on discord—Nash#1188 or through the scribblehub discord server. Whatsoever, if you want to support me, then go ahead and subscribe to my channel. Hope to read your best novels!」

Old editing system from a year ago:
—Suggestion「Choose which chapter you would like to be reviewed.」
—Not stated/Default 「Automatically will only review both the synopsis and the first chapter or last chapter.」
—Word range 「Approximately 5,000 words (only applies for the suggestion). No extension allowed (will not consider payment).」
—Schedule 「Precisely more active every Saturday.」
—Feedback Per Day (PRD) 「Precisely 1-3 novels are accepted per day.」
—Preference「None. I'll add plus one for slice-of-life novels though...」
—Editing Style「Specific. (there was supposed to be a lot of option to choose but I decided this was an easier way for me to analyze).」

To avoid overlapping feedback or to gain new insights, consider reading my feedback aimed at other people's novels since the feedback may be applicable to yours too!

「LEGENDS」
Better.
Good.
Okay.
Neutral.
Mistake.
Revision.

Last edited:

Menilik

Hey hey. Are you asking for feedback on your story? Or giving feedback to others?

Would love any feedback on my story if you're giving it? Also happy to look at yours. If that's what you're looking for?

Motsu

Hey hey. Are you asking for feedback on your story? Or giving feedback to others?

Would love any feedback on my story if you're giving it? Also happy to look at yours. If that's what you're looking for?

“We must leave Mars today,” one of the holographic heads shouted. 「Dialogues conflict with the narration—an exclamation mark must be present to satisfy the following narrative content.」

Peter looked down, as if he was unsure about what he was about to say. “Just because Earth elected a luddite doesn’t mean we have to leave Mars today.”「Past tense is used, to satisfy the current condition by switching to "said,"—Furthermore, "as if he was unsure" must be clarified by expressing certain emotions or staggering of dialogues. "As if"—if pretentiously acting, then state that, or if stating claims within his own reasonings, then state that. The narrative must have a good grasp of people's actions because "doubt" (seemingly, unsure, if, somehow... etc.) in narrations are used to explain a character's perspective towards something.」

It always amused her when her colleagues used the word ‘luddite’. She found it ironic that earlier today she had to wheel in a large screen to project Peter’s face onto just because he refused to have a holographic projection recorder installed in his home office. 「Difficult words for the general audience. Define luddite to clarify many readers and understand the following past event.」

Atlas turned his head towards her. “What should we call them then?” he challenged. She shrugged, not wanting to get into this argument again. “Never mind.” 「The conversations are lacking in expressions and more narrative details to invoke Atlas trying to start an "argument" that she vexingly avoids.」

「The dialogues are confusing without any narrations when different speakers are present. Refer to this example:
"Who are you?" Reid spoke towards this young man.
"Pell." Pell openly responded.
"Nice to meet you, Pell!" Harm puts an open palm in front of Pell.」

Angelique was the youngest in the group, but she was one of the hardest working people she knew which made it shocking when she found out that Angelique used to work in real estate. The only thing Trillion disliked about Angelique was her ginger hair. Trillion had red hair, a much brighter shade of red too. Trillion disliked the fact that having two people on the team with red hair meant every time the two of them walked into a room together it was the first comment people made. She hated that.
「First, the sudden transition and no clarification between the connection of being young and hard-working towards working in real estate that made it shocking for her. Second, the lack of details and incomplete sentences. Fix: (The only characteristic Trillion evidently has a hatred for about Angelique was her light reddish-yellow hair that was almost identical to Trillion's dazzling red hair.) Lastly, repeating the content. It was already known that she disliked it, so it was irrelevant to say it again.」

Atlas reiterated the plan. “We need to move fast. We don’t know how many of these people there are.”
The team took off.

「The plan is lacking in some details—it's more of an order or command to just act fast which is not much of a plan. Unless it was, ("Atlas reiterated the plan before announcing,") Lastly, ("the team took off") is an incomplete sentence.」

The story is nice, whatsoever, there are many problems within the story that audiences would find if they do not skim—especially since some parts are confusing.

Menilik

WOW - thank you. That's way more comprehensive than I thought it would be. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

MansonFD7

Here's mine.

Zinless

How do I
I would like for you to review my story, I still have a lot of pacing issues, I hope I can get better and fix them someday.

(Also, Falcom's the bomb)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
not gonna hold much hope but hey, if smut's okay for you, here's mine

just ignore the """illustrations"""

Motsu

Here's mine.

This night was rough, as the stormy rain shrouding the entire forest in this tropical island.「Grammatical mistake—"was" is missing on the sentence to fully realize the verb.」

But for me, I killed those infected beings, not just for duties in this military organization. It's because I wanted to end their suffering, real quick. Instead of seeing them, bearing the painful infection, continuously.

This time, the two of my comrades, Luke and Clarissa, had a mission to hunt down Palkeros, an infected monster that's ravaged 7 villages in Harimal Forest at Monaka Island every stormy night.

We walked down in the dark forest accompanied by the stormy rain that showered through the canopy. As we were walking along, we heard a scream close to the forest area.

「Before proceeding, the flow of information is nonsensical. First of all, talking about "why he kills" after describing the environment has no correlation. Define the subject first such as the "infected beings" before the monologue.」

「The structure of every sentence creates harder readability and clarity. Evidently using commas to emphasize a soft pause in the monologue and express the sentence before the comma is a good approach, whatsoever, putting in too many commas can make the information that should be connected become separated, confusing the reader.

One of the good examples, ("But for me... killing those infected beings isn't just for the sake of my duties in the military organization but to also immediately end their suffering than looking at them in every second... tolerating the torment of infection."

"Luke and Clarisa were given a task this time to hunt down an infected monster named "Palkeros" that has ravaged many villages in Harimal Forest at Monaka Island whenever a stormy night appears."

Comparing the paragraphs, you can see that the example never used commas but managed to break down every piece of information and clarify for the readers immediately instead of having to stop after every comma.

Remember... Understand what commas represent in writing.

The comma is a punctuation mark that is used to keep distinct information separated. It helps the reader understand how the ideas in the sentence work together.

Although many writers benefit from reading aloud commas as pauses while proofreading, a comma does not always represent a pause in a spoken sentence. When speaking, people pause for many reasons, and inserting commas at all points where you would pause often leads to misplaced commas. You are better served by learning the rules of comma usage.」

"Palkeros has ravaged another village." Said Luke.

"Looks like we've got a dinner tonight, right?" He teased me.

"Yes, I'm starving now," I answered as I sneered.

"What are you doing, Tsuyuki? Hurry and let's save them!" Clarissa ordered me.

However, I responded chillingly.
「Show, not tell. "Teased" doesn't tell much more than "Playfully provoking me as he enthusiastically looks towards the rations". Always consider adding details that support the characters' characteristics to make the story engaging to the readers.」

I drew my pistol and shot down Palkeros' left face.
*BANG BANG BANG*

And then I revved my sword throttle, three times where it makes a loud 2-stroke sound.

*BRAAP BRAAP BRAAP*
「Instead of putting a sound of a certain object within an asterisk, try to replace shot down with a brief description that emphasizes the word "shot down". Furthermore, doing this is irrelevant as the past tense narration conflicts with the timeframe. Logic: "If you already shot down its left face, why is the sound of the gun appearing late?"

Fix: Try to be more descriptive.」

("I did a final finishing move by firing an explosive bullet toward Palkeros' head until the magazine went empty and waited until the bullets whooshed through the trap. And then...

*KABOOM*

*HHHRRRYYAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH*") This one is already good enough since it states "and then..." which means that something is yet to occur.」

"Without your help, that monster would demolish our village in no seconds.," 「Conflicting punctuation marks.」

Generally, too much passive voice that is supported by some commas that are not really significant. The monologues, dialogues, and narration need more engagement like adding good details or putting more actions from the dialogues. Whatsoever, it's a nice story to read.

Last edited:

Motsu

I would like for you to review my story, I still have a lot of pacing issues, I hope I can get better and fix them someday.

(Also, Falcom's the bomb)
I'm currently at a business party at floor 7 of our office. The building is dirty and full of cracks due to our boss neglecting the repair cost in favor of a more "profitable" investments,only the lower levels of the building are regularly cleaned for the sake of appearance.
「Lacking in clarified details specifically about the environment.
E.g.
("Within the external structure of the building, the scenery introduces a gloomy dilapidated office with crevices surrounding my entire vision. All of this was made possible due to our boss neglecting repair costs in favor of a more profitable investment. Inconsistently, the lower levels of the buildings are given better treatment for the sake of appearance.")
In contrast to the previous paragraph, this flesh out more information about his surroundings introducing clarity.」

That means the floor that we are currently having a party in is gross at best.
「Explain "gross at best" in the best way possible so that readers can understand it in great detail.」

I looked out the balcony, I see my junior flirting with his girlfriend with no one to disturb them, both of them leaning on the fence enjoying the night. He's living the life isn't he? That fence looks like it's about to break though...
「Separate narration and monologue to enhance clarity and readability because explaining perceived actions and perceived thoughts are both different things.」

While we were busy flirting away the night, I heard a *Crack* somewhere... Must have been the wind. And immediately after that sound, my senior flung open the balcony door and started to run towards me...
「Explain "*crack*" in a descriptive format.」

Me and my girlfriend managed to pull ourselves up. I was shocked that Rio managed to pull us, he was never strong physically. I really thought I was going to die here, but Rio saved us. The shock from the danger is still there, and my heart can't stop pounding. But I still need to thank Rio properly.
"Me and my girlfriend managed to pull ourselves up. I was shocked that Rio managed to pull us, he was never strong physically." Narration conflicts with each other. Were they able to pull themselves up or were they pulled by Rio?
Furthermore, paragraphs can be merged to make the structure better.
E.g.
("Both of us were able to safely avoid death because of Rio's help.
It was an appalling thought that Rio was able to pull us out since he wasn't really physically strong. I... I really thought I was going to die!
The near-death situation brought shivers throughout my body as well as the rapid beating of my heart. Even with all of that feeling intruding my mind, I had decided to thank Rio for his help.
")」

I woke up. My vision feels weird, I see that I am in a modest wooden house, but somehow also see that I am in a luxurious house complete with a golden chandelier. It feels like I am in two different locations at the same time, it's a weird dream...

At the corner of my eye, in the luxurious house,
there is a person, she seems to be wearing a maid dress. I feel like I know her for some reason... The moment she noticed that I woke up, she immediately rushed through the door and started yelling for someone.
「Can be explained in a better structure. "I woke up" does not have to be said but can be explained indirectly like, "As I come to my sense, I feel a sense of comfort within the back of my body and I try to open my eyes." As said, it is long but it shows a lot more than when it was just told in three words.

"There is a person" can be indirectly implicated by describing the clothes immediately and their appearances.」

The story is nice—especially the gender-bender revelation. Oh well, whatever sorcery was made to make this true—I'll just make sure it doesn't happen to me!

not gonna hold much hope but hey, if smut's okay for you, here's mine

just ignore the """illustrations"""

With minor exceptions, this story is amazing. You have my recommendations!
P.S. I am too sleepy to continue reading.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 93348

Good evening, Motsu, first time seeing you here.

I wasn’t sure if I should post my draft here at all—cuz it’s still in Google Docs form, it’s not nearly edited as well yet, and chapter 5 is literally incomplete, lmao. But seeing your rather in-depth feedback of other people’s work, you’ve caught my attention, fam. I’d love to know what you think of my upcoming rewrite of my first novel:

World Story 2.0 draft

I must warn you that my writing style and prose may not be your thing. It’s a bit too readable (not much left for the imagination), full of inner monologue from a sarcastic narrator, and tons and tons of gen Z slang. Also, it tends to read through the emotional perspective of the MC, even though it’s written in third-person. I’m guessing this writing choice is pretty rare and somewhat odd.

Either way, I’m still curious about your thoughts, so please let me know in advance; I’m still editing the chapters right now. Thank you!

P.S. My synopsis is absolutely, mind-blowingly, sincerely, utterly terrible for the eyes. Please be warned.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
With minor exceptions, this story is amazing. You have my recommendations!
P.S. I am too sleepy to continue reading.
aye chief if you don't mind me asking what would those minor exceptions be

i also don't believe that i haven't made any grammatical error or any fuck up with tenses, even in the first chapter (technically a prologue but still)

but if you're reading my stuff when you were too sleepy then i understand. you were doing this for free after all.

Motsu

Good evening, Motsu, first time seeing you here.

I wasn’t sure if I should post my draft here at all—cuz it’s still in Google Docs form, it’s not nearly edited as well yet, and chapter 5 is literally incomplete, lmao. But seeing your rather in-depth feedback of other people’s work, you’ve caught my attention, fam. I’d love to know what you think of my upcoming rewrite of my first novel:

World Story 2.0 draft

I must warn you that my writing style and prose may not be your thing. It’s a bit too readable (not much left for the imagination), full of inner monologue from a sarcastic narrator, and tons and tons of gen Z slang. Also, it tends to read through the emotional perspective of the MC, even though it’s written in third-person. I’m guessing this writing choice is pretty rare and somewhat odd.

Either way, I’m still curious about your thoughts, so please let me know in advance; I’m still editing the chapters right now. Thank you!

P.S. My synopsis is absolutely, mind-blowingly, sincerely, utterly terrible for the eyes. Please be warned.
Once upon a time lived a king and queen—happily ever after with their loving princess. And so, this isn’t their story by a long shot. But one day, Hokori, Farkas, and Paulie trashed their old home after a night of partying and booze. Hokori threw a remote at the TV only to hit the picture frame above. The three brothers found a tapestry behind the photo and fell in love with its tale: a new prophecy yet to unfold. The magical world of Parallaxis had every trope in the book, so why waste time on more ale?

The Chaos Troika parted ways with a blood pact for the next two years,
and “Peerless Champion” Hokori set his eyes on jump-starting a new tale alongside his other siblings. Farkas and Paulie went where only the gods knew—because this isn’t their story either.
「First of all, "and so" does not satisfy the following statement since "lived happily ever after" and "this isn't their story by a long shot" are contradicting statements and must use conjunctions. Furthermore, confusing readers with statements such as "this isn't their story" is trivial to readers who're trying to understand what the story is all about. Be brief and concise, as negligible information can turn off readers especially when they're not the main focus.

The Chaos Troika isn't defined very well for the audience to digest.

The flow of information after the partying and booze is out-of-place. Also, the second part of the first paragraph happened after Chapter I—must introduce Hokori first.

E.g.
("(Hokori introductory part and then...) At one time, Hokori and his brothers disheveled their old home from their drunken night party. After the next day, Hokori nonsensically threw the remote at the television only to hit the picture frame above. When the picture frame fell, it revealed a bewitching and pristine tapestry, and they fell in love with its tale—bringing about a new prophecy yet to unfold.")

In contrast, this paragraph is much clearer and more appropriately structured than the current one. It makes use of good details about the environment with good transitions that make each sentence connected and easily readable. 」

And what better way to do it than listening to the sad beauty of a hit single?
「Why is it a question? Who is it trying to get a response to? Unless if ("And what better way of doing it than listening to the broken-hearted beauty of a hit single, am I right?")」

The enraged king yelled louder anyway; it was like clockwork, though.
「Please explain "Like clockwork" because the similarities are unclear to the audience.」

And what a gross, bubbling mess it had to be just to show its true form: hulkingly muscular and legs like a satyr, not that they existed in Parallaxis. It was the only thing Hokori could compare it to.
「Please explain "legs like a satyr" in a "shown" descriptive format instead of relying on "told" similarities.」

The dwellbeast’s face began to soften like jelly and oozed out of his broad hands; it sure as hell wanted to escape. But without a second thought, the man breathed deeply—enough to rustle the trees and shrubs in the vicinity—and aimed at its mouth as close as he could. What a daring move!
「Explain "oozed out" descriptively. Furthermore, aimed at its mouth with what and how exactly?—missing information to engage the readers and gauge the action.
What are the connections between breathing deeply before aiming at its mouth?
Breathing is a natural movement and is oftentimes not emphasized unless it has anything to do with the next action or to express feelings. So, a person breathing without a second thought is trivial information.」

The students cringed from the grotesque “balloon” before the pop; still true to its name, pitch-dark blood and churned organ meat showered all over the nearby dining halls.
Explain "cringed" informatively and replace "the" with "it" because it denotes the verb of what's about to happen to the balloon. Lastly, putting "still true to its name" in the middle of the narration is ruining the structure and readability unless it was placed properly.
E.g.
("The students cower in fear at high speed from the grotesque "balloon" as pitch-dark blood and vigorously moving organ meat showered over the nearby dining halls—the balloon was true to its name until the very end.")」

「And another one, make use of non-contraction words like (who've = who have and should've = should have, etc...) in your narrations and use informal monologues and dialogues.」

Seeing his brothers shake their heads, Hokori chuckled and aimed his fist at the hallway as if in one timeframe.
「Explain "as if in one timeframe" clearly.」

Wow! The structure of the paragraphs and flow of information or pacing is disgustingly good. Almost reminded me of some books I read a long time ago and I wouldn't have it any other way. Based on what I read so far, there isn't that much to take note of (probably missed some), and just hoping this style of writing is kept consistent throughout the entire story.

aye chief if you don't mind me asking what would those minor exceptions be

i also don't believe that i haven't made any grammatical error or any fuck up with tenses, even in the first chapter (technically a prologue but still)

but if you're reading my stuff when you were too sleepy then i understand. you were doing this for free after all.
「Minor Exceptions...」
I’ve been eating out of this woman for over twenty minutes. At some point, my tongue had shed fat and grown abs and could bench press a cow. However, as most artists would attest to, perfection cannot be rushed. Plus, I’m not complaining. With the view I was given, I’d be glad to work on her **** for twenty more minutes.
「First, the changes of the main subject and what it could do are different so don't use "and" for the "bench press" part. Lastly, there wasn't any part that could make the audience implicate that he is complaining so there's no reason to add a clarification.」

She had smooth, tanned brown skin that glistened under the hotel's soft lights. It wrapped around an athletic figure that had the calibre to wring *** out of any straight, red-blooded man like a towel and then some. I watched her ******* rise and fall in hypnotizing, rhythming charm. Petite, supple, soft, fluffy; words that ran across my mind as I stared at them. Minute by minute, I find my eyes drawn to its mass and shape and weight till my eyes could no longer focus on anywhere else but her *****.
「"It" can only be used once the subject has been clarified, so switch the position of them to bring clarity.」

If it weren’t enough, freckles spread across her body in an explosive pattern that reached down to her thighs. Contrary to my expectations, added much more to her appearance. They were like sprinkles to a cupcake that gave an air of erotic exoticism to her already alluring physique. They spread across her neck, dotting across her ****** and shoulders as they reached down to her hips.
「Explain "explosive pattern" clearly. Furthermore, what's being added much more to her appearance based on his opposing expectation?—state clearly. "They" must be used only when the subject has been clarified and since there is a lot of information being presented then it has to be stated again (also, the subject can be used in two sentences before stating again.)」

I watched the gunshow as she sat at the foot of the hotel bed. Her crotch spread wide with my lips lodged against it as I did my job kneeling over the hotel floor. If it wasn’t enough stimulation, she had her legs locked around my head. Under normal circumstances, I would be worried, especially with this particular woman’s legs.
「State "gunshow" clearly in an informative way. Better structure of this paragraph,
E.g.
("At the front of an erotic display of a gun show, the woman sat at the foot of the hotel bed. Her crotch spread wide with my lips firmly wedging on it as I was kneeling over the floor. If that wasn't enough stimulation, her legs securely fasten around my head like a rope. Under normal circumstances, I would be hesitantly concerned, especially with women with particular legs like these.")」

It was beyond this world. It was an ethereal sensation one could only acknowledge through their hands alone. Only a deity would construct a posterior this compact and elastic to the touch; as soft as marshmallow, yet as malleable as dough. It filled my hand as I cupped my palms over her cheeks and gripped them. A little came spilling out from between my fingers, so much so that my instincts were convinced that all that’s needed to fully conquer her small, brown butt was a further reach. Yet, no matter how I positioned my hands, there was always a little more I couldn't reach. It toyed with my primitive pride that resided in my male brain, roaring in competitive rage over an adversary it was just this close to overcoming. Somehow or rather, that endless contest translated into more nefarious emotions, churning chemicals in my brain that sent my **** higher than a skyscraper.
「Please explain "it". No need to disguise or let the implication speak for itself, go hard and tell the hard truth. Confusing structure, especially since the audience isn't able to understand the world of this person's thoughts.」

**** me, the view itself already sent me harder than tungsten. If I was in cloud nine, which I am at the time, my meat shaft would be in nirvana. Those were the results I got from sight alone. Engaging with it whilst utilizing the other four senses, however, transported my junior to a different realm. With each conscious move I made on her ***, my body could cram more blood into my meaty obelisk. Standing upon its shaven foundations, swelling, hot, masculine juices would boil and surge within my **** as my overstretched skin struggled to constrict my lust. It felt as if one small papercut was enough to blow my **** up through sheer pressure alone.
「"Which I am at the time" revise in a clear way. Also, "results" is unsatisfactory with the previous statements, you mean "contemplations"? The second last sentence of the paragraph is structured wrong.
E.g.
("Standing upon "its" shaven foundation, the swelling and uncontrollable sensation of heat would turbulently surge within my **** as my excessively stretched skin make violent efforts to constrict my lust. It was as if one small papercut was sufficient to blast the magnum within my **** through sheer pressure alone.")」

I felt a jet of bitter slime and sweat blast across my lips, tainting my cheeks and eyes, rendering my sense of sight deprived. Enveloping me was the scent of her steaming body that had boiled from the last few minutes of pressurized libido. Her thighs squeezed against one another as she jolted upwards. I was helpless to her uncontrolled, orgasmic wrath. An implosion of force wrapped in a blanket of soft, smooth skin lit up from all angles around my head.
「First sentence needs to be structured correctly using the connecting word "and".
Do you mean, "enveloping me with the scent"?
The last sentence needs to be clarified in a better way since it sounds confusing.」

「Since action is preferable in this type of story, then it must follow "show, not tell".」
「Pronouns are used after they are clarified or named to avoid confusion.」
「The structure of each paragraph and the flow of information is nonsensical. Must be focused on one clearly defined subject and please separate monologues and narrations to increase readability.」

Last edited:

MansonFD7

This night was rough, as the stormy rain shrouding the entire forest in this tropical island.「Grammatical mistake—"was" is missing on the sentence to fully realize the verb.」

But for me, I killed those infected beings, not just for duties in this military organization. It's because I wanted to end their suffering, real quick. Instead of seeing them, bearing the painful infection, continuously.

This time, the two of my comrades, Luke and Clarissa, had a mission to hunt down Palkeros, an infected monster that's ravaged 7 villages in Harimal Forest at Monaka Island every stormy night.

We walked down in the dark forest accompanied by the stormy rain that showered through the canopy. As we were walking along, we heard a scream close to the forest area.

「Before proceeding, the flow of information is nonsensical. First of all, talking about "why he kills" after describing the environment has no correlation. Define the subject first such as the "infected beings" before the monologue.」

「The structure of every sentence creates harder readability and clarity. Evidently using commas to emphasize a soft pause in the monologue and express the sentence before the comma is a good approach, whatsoever, putting in too many commas can make the information that should be connected become separated, confusing the reader.

One of the good examples, ("But for me... killing those infected beings isn't just for the sake of my duties in the military organization but to also immediately end their suffering than looking at them in every second... tolerating the torment of infection."

"Luke and Clarisa were given a task this time to hunt down an infected monster named "Palkeros" that has ravaged many villages in Harimal Forest at Monaka Island whenever a stormy night appears."

Comparing the paragraphs, you can see that the example never used commas but managed to break down every piece of information and clarify for the readers immediately instead of having to stop after every comma.

Remember... Understand what commas represent in writing.

The comma is a punctuation mark that is used to keep distinct information separated. It helps the reader understand how the ideas in the sentence work together.

Although many writers benefit from reading aloud commas as pauses while proofreading, a comma does not always represent a pause in a spoken sentence. When speaking, people pause for many reasons, and inserting commas at all points where you would pause often leads to misplaced commas. You are better served by learning the rules of comma usage.」

"Palkeros has ravaged another village." Said Luke.

"Looks like we've got a dinner tonight, right?" He teased me.

"Yes, I'm starving now," I answered as I sneered.

"What are you doing, Tsuyuki? Hurry and let's save them!" Clarissa ordered me.

However, I responded chillingly.
「Show, not tell. "Teased" doesn't tell much more than "Playfully provoking me as he enthusiastically looks towards the rations". Always consider adding details that support the characters' characteristics to make the story engaging to the readers.」

I drew my pistol and shot down Palkeros' left face.
*BANG BANG BANG*

And then I revved my sword throttle, three times where it makes a loud 2-stroke sound.

*BRAAP BRAAP BRAAP*
「Instead of putting a sound of a certain object within an asterisk, try to replace shot down with a brief description that emphasizes the word "shot down". Furthermore, doing this is irrelevant as the past tense narration conflicts with the timeframe. Logic: "If you already shot down its left face, why is the sound of the gun appearing late?"

Fix: Try to be more descriptive.」

("I did a final finishing move by firing an explosive bullet toward Palkeros' head until the magazine went empty and waited until the bullets whooshed through the trap. And then...

*KABOOM*

*HHHRRRYYAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH*") This one is already good enough since it states "and then..." which means that something is yet to occur.」

"Without your help, that monster would demolish our village in no seconds.," 「Conflicting punctuation marks.」

Generally, too much passive voice that is supported by some commas that are not really significant. The monologues, dialogues, and narration need more engagement like adding good details or putting more actions from the dialogues. Whatsoever, it's a nice story to read.

Noted. Thanks for your feedback, and I'll promise that I'll fixing the story grammar flow and sometimes ignoring the ProWritingAid suggestion.

Because the machine could deceive me and differs from the real world proofreading.

Motsu

Me Me Me!
Glimpse of Eternity
if it's cool to submit more than one... please do An Author's Survival Guide too!
「Glimps of Eternity」
But instead, he was here, forced to escort the visitors since he was one of the only common points of contact. Since Reivan was Vianna's son, the task naturally fell to him.

It definitely wasn't because his sister was stronger than him.

「It is always a rule of thumb to reiterate certain points—even if it has been said in past chapters—to make the flow of information clearer for the readers. Was Viktor scared of her strength?"—if true, then this point should be said. Especially since the sentence below was a sudden "veto" that isn't really relevant especially because the main reason was already told unless
("But being Vianna's son doesn't mean he has to follow through with the task, or could it be because she was stronger than him?
No, that definitely wasn't because his sister was stronger than him.
") or something.」

Viktor's ears twitched, and after a moment, a fully-armored knight flew down from above and respectfully saluted him.
「"Twitched" is a very out-of-nowhere action, if it expresses a certain keen sense, then it should be expanded in a form that shows so. First, there should be good details about the armor causing distorted sounds and the speed of the fully-armored knight's fall due to the weight because they add to the engagement of the storytelling. Lastly, the story almost always lacks good detail and one of my recommendations is to "incorporate all the senses into each scene, not just sight and sound."」

Viktor sat down as he gestured across the table at the seat opposite him. "Please take a seat, chief Mikachi."
「Wrong grammar. Do you mean, ("Viktor aims his gestures across the table as he sat down on the opposite seat towards Chief Mikachi,") and also, make sure the pronouns were already defined previously before using them because it doesn't make the story mysterious, it just makes the story confusing. Unless "if" the person wasn't meant to be revealed until there is enough proof to say so.」

"Thank you." A beautiful woman replied as she sat down, making sure to bend over just enough to give Viktor a generous view of the bountiful decolletage peeking out of her brown dress.
「Using hard-to-decode vocabulary will confuse readers especially if your audience is very general. Or if anything, add an em dash or comma, defining the word itself if you still want it in the paragraph.」

Viktor cursed the brown-haired cat-woman in his mind, but he still did not look away. Getting any sort of reaction out of him was just what she wanted; it was better to silently pretend as if nothing happened.

In fact, it was
better to double down and just brazenly stare straight at her cleavage.

How was it better, Viktor wasn't quite sure but this was what he wanted to do — this was what any man would've wanted to do if they were in his shoes.
「There is a better way to make it readable and evoke more emotions of this temptation and exhilaration that was expressed—but my recommendation would just be to paraphrase. In addition, some of the words are confusing and need to be clarified in a much better descriptive way. Another recommendation would be about the third sentence and the second sentence switching positions.

E.g. ("Viktor cursingly expressed annoyance but his visions stated otherwise towards those otherworldly bosoms. This resolute response was all a part of her plan, carried out in an act of pure naivety.

It was a powerful enticement for Viktor, and influenced by it, his values warped and he wanted to commit to a potentially risky plan of brazenly looking straight toward her cleavage.

What's with this feeling?

Viktor wasn't quite sure of these overflowing emotions getting into him but it almost felt like this was his ultimate goal—a goal that any man would've wanted to do if they were in his shoes.
")」

"It wasn't the human race that invented this..." He puffed out his chest, pride filling his voice. "It was Aizen. The country I serve."
「Wrong grammar. Must be past tense. Remember, action words after a dialogue will narratively be fixed on that alone. So basically, this is telling me that after he puffed his chest, his pride was "filling" his voice but the past tense "puffed" informs that the dialogue before that was already said.」

"Don't call me that,"
Viktor spat, his expression cold. But his face soon fell as he reminisced about the past. "We lost our right to be called that when we fled our nation as it burned to the ground."
「Wrong grammar. "his expression cold" is not a descriptive sentence and is wrong and "his face soon fell" doesn't tell much about his emotions and is also phrased wrong.」

The air around the two warbeasts quivered as they stared each other down, fangs bared. Their limbs pulsed with power as veins squirmed on them, ready to propel the warriors toward their enemy's throat. Frosty mist rushed out of Viktor's mouth as he huffed, while the fragrance surrounding the room was replaced with an earthly odor as dust began to fill the room.
「The flow of information is everywhere, and the way they are told is confusing. Paraphrase.」

「Uses too many "told" words that end with -ed and -ly. Furthermore, the lack of details makes the story lackluster.」
「The dialogues are often unrealistic, but maybe a good "mirror-talk" or "conversational references" can help improve them.」
「Also, this is just my preference as a reader, but it would be better if the monologue just stayed with italics only.」

Overall, the story is bearable and fun to read.

「An Author's Survival Guide」

In the end, even after the spell wore off, Luna kept on needling him to list out the cosplays he liked the most.
「Better way to create a good structure of the sentence and "needling" can mean two things so make it specific for the readers.」

「Too many mistakes I would usually point all of them out but I'll just generally state some advice.
As some of the advice I pointed out in the other stories, some of them can be applied here too.
If it's narrative, please stay formal—not using contracted words, opinions, and anything that a monologue would do. Separate both narrative and monologue too.」

The story is okay... I guess but it really isn't for everyone. In addition, I didn't want to keep pointing out the same mistakes so my bad if this was some short feedback.

Erios909

This looks fun. I'd love feedback on one of the action sequences in my story. Getting detailed feedback like this is a rare chance, and I'd love to see what you say I'm doing right and what I should work on improving.

So, if you're interested would you do Chapter 21 and 22 (Fog of War Parts 1-4) of ShipCore? The sequence is 5000 words so its right at the edge of your upper limit.
https://www.scribblehub.com/read/265541-shipcore/chapter/601900/

Good morning/evening

I've seen a few of these feedback threads, but have ben unsure. I think it would be best to get the feedback, but I don't know where to ask. Ill give a few options, and let you pick. Each chapter is between 1300-2000 words, so they will be in 2 chapter chunks.

Chapter 7-8 MC gets Class for which book is named after. (bdsm smut with magic. R-18)
Chapter 17-18 Time with a fairy she rescued. (R-18)
Chapter 21-22 MC Gets revenge with potentially devastating consequences. (unpleasant visuals. R-18)

Enchantrix: On a New World Glossary | Scribble Hub

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
「Glimps of Eternity」
But instead, he was here, forced to escort the visitors since he was one of the only common points of contact. Since Reivan was Vianna's son, the task naturally fell to him.

It definitely wasn't because his sister was stronger than him.

「It is always a rule of thumb to reiterate certain points—even if it has been said in past chapters—to make the flow of information clearer for the readers. Was Viktor scared of her strength?"—if true, then this point should be said. Especially since the sentence below was a sudden "veto" that isn't really relevant especially because the main reason was already told unless
("But being Vianna's son doesn't mean he has to follow through with the task, or could it be because she was stronger than him?
No, that definitely wasn't because his sister was stronger than him.
") or something.」

Viktor's ears twitched, and after a moment, a fully-armored knight flew down from above and respectfully saluted him.
「"Twitched" is a very out-of-nowhere action, if it expresses a certain keen sense, then it should be expanded in a form that shows so. First, there should be good details about the armor causing distorted sounds and the speed of the fully-armored knight's fall due to the weight because they add to the engagement of the storytelling. Lastly, the story almost always lacks good detail and one of my recommendations is to "incorporate all the senses into each scene, not just sight and sound."」

Viktor sat down as he gestured across the table at the seat opposite him. "Please take a seat, chief Mikachi."
「Wrong grammar. Do you mean, ("Viktor aims his gestures across the table as he sat down on the opposite seat towards Chief Mikachi,") and also, make sure the pronouns were already defined previously before using them because it doesn't make the story mysterious, it just makes the story confusing. Unless "if" the person wasn't meant to be revealed until there is enough proof to say so.」

"Thank you." A beautiful woman replied as she sat down, making sure to bend over just enough to give Viktor a generous view of the bountiful decolletage peeking out of her brown dress.
「Using hard-to-decode vocabulary will confuse readers especially if your audience is very general. Or if anything, add an em dash or comma, defining the word itself if you still want it in the paragraph.」

Viktor cursed the brown-haired cat-woman in his mind, but he still did not look away. Getting any sort of reaction out of him was just what she wanted; it was better to silently pretend as if nothing happened.

In fact, it was
better to double down and just brazenly stare straight at her cleavage.

How was it better, Viktor wasn't quite sure but this was what he wanted to do — this was what any man would've wanted to do if they were in his shoes.
「There is a better way to make it readable and evoke more emotions of this temptation and exhilaration that was expressed—but my recommendation would just be to paraphrase. In addition, some of the words are confusing and need to be clarified in a much better descriptive way. Another recommendation would be about the third sentence and the second sentence switching positions.

E.g. ("Viktor cursingly expressed annoyance but his visions stated otherwise towards those otherworldly bosoms. This resolute response was all a part of her plan, carried out in an act of pure naivety.

It was a powerful enticement for Viktor, and influenced by it, his values warped and he wanted to commit to a potentially risky plan of brazenly looking straight toward her cleavage.

What's with this feeling?

Viktor wasn't quite sure of these overflowing emotions getting into him but it almost felt like this was his ultimate goal—a goal that any man would've wanted to do if they were in his shoes.
")」

"It wasn't the human race that invented this..." He puffed out his chest, pride filling his voice. "It was Aizen. The country I serve."
「Wrong grammar. Must be past tense. Remember, action words after a dialogue will narratively be fixed on that alone. So basically, this is telling me that after he puffed his chest, his pride was "filling" his voice but the past tense "puffed" informs that the dialogue before that was already said.」

"Don't call me that," Viktor spat, his expression cold. But his face soon fell as he reminisced about the past. "We lost our right to be called that when we fled our nation as it burned to the ground."
「Wrong grammar. "his expression cold" is not a descriptive sentence and is wrong and "his face soon fell" doesn't tell much about his emotions and is also phrased wrong.」

The air around the two warbeasts quivered as they stared each other down, fangs bared. Their limbs pulsed with power as veins squirmed on them, ready to propel the warriors toward their enemy's throat. Frosty mist rushed out of Viktor's mouth as he huffed, while the fragrance surrounding the room was replaced with an earthly odor as dust began to fill the room.
「The flow of information is everywhere, and the way they are told is confusing. Paraphrase.」

「Uses too many "told" words that end with -ed and -ly. Furthermore, the lack of details makes the story lackluster.」
「The dialogues are often unrealistic, but maybe a good "mirror-talk" or "conversational references" can help improve them.」
「Also, this is just my preference as a reader, but it would be better if the monologue just stayed with italics only.」

Overall, the story is bearable and fun to read.

「An Author's Survival Guide」

In the end, even after the spell wore off, Luna kept on needling him to list out the cosplays he liked the most.
「Better way to create a good structure of the sentence and "needling" can mean two things so make it specific for the readers.」

「Too many mistakes I would usually point all of them out but I'll just generally state some advice.
As some of the advice I pointed out in the other stories, some of them can be applied here too.
If it's narrative, please stay formal—not using contracted words, opinions, and anything that a monologue would do. Separate both narrative and monologue too.」

The story is okay... I guess but it really isn't for everyone. In addition, I didn't want to keep pointing out the same mistakes so my bad if this was some short feedback.
Thanks for the feedback!
I definitely agree with the part about the descriptions; it's a weakness I'm trying to work on.

As for the grammar... yeah. English is hard...

Uh, I have a question though... I thought you'd do this for the first chapter unless it was specified, but you did it for my latest ones..

I was just surprised.

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
got a 'get gud' from you last time (A deserved one.)... been quite a few months now. I sincerely hope I've gotten better.
On that note, I'd love if you could check out

Watcher of the abyss

thanks!