Recommendations must create and manage his own world

undead282

looking for a good book like World Keeper

Synopsis
Dale Mitchell, your average guy in a below-average job. But, what happens to him is anything but average. After hitting someone in his truck, his world was turned upside down, inside out, and more than fifty shades of grey.

Now, he seems to be something called a World Keeper, and must create and manage his own world. Is this his afterlife, or something else entirely

thx it you can help

Last edited by a moderator:

Choice

I was also a huge fan of World Keeper but as far as I know its the only sandbox style story. Best way I could describe it. Its the Minecraft of cultivation stories. Main character makes the world.

I would love to see more stories written in universe for World Keeper, of other Keepers, but if you're looking for similar style stories I don't think there are any.

Most main characters in a story exist in a world that is fairly fleshed out or has a larger scale than just the perspective of the main character. I think the clever way in which World Keeper was written not only simplified the rest of the world. It also logically allowed for increasing levels of complexity and story detailing as time went on. (ie, it makes sense that its basic at the beginning instead of being boring)

Llamadragon

Not quite the same, but Tree of Aeons has some city/resource management stuff going on, with a level system. It's not the point of the story, though.

Friend

... well am I? or not?
My own story "The Goddess Lied To Me!" is not involved in world creation but does/will tread into world management.
The goddess whose world it is, she 'gave up' on her world but not before summoning a standin/proxy deity. The MC, David, will have to deal with this world she left behind. FWIW he also deals with social anxiety, which will make dealing with groups of mortals, nevermind races, a challenge.
I don't know if it fits your premise + haven't read World Keeper (yet) but I'm still working on it.

Ghostblood

I have got around to reading this book yet, but if you really want this type of book made. We can all way work together make something. I Love world making book with awesome characters.