My MC has the same name as another series (same genre) MC by chance

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
I never thought she was valorous then. :blob_evil_two: Brave little Garnet.
When you put it that way, I messed up that part. She is the opposite of her family name. Maybe it's ironic? Yeah, let's go with that.

In the beginning I was going to give all my characters old Norse names. Would've been a really different story almost like a weird shounen.

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
When you put it that way, I messed up that part. She is the opposite of her family name. Maybe it's ironic? Yeah, let's go with that.

Maybe. Btw, Lucette means "graceful light"? Where did you get that from? Lucette is a bastardisation of Lucetta, which is a diminutive form of Lucia or Luce, which derives from the Latin "lux" which is the word for natural light compared to "lumen" that represents artificial light. :blob_reach:

Yorda

Maybe. Btw, Lucette means "graceful light"? Where did you get that from? Lucette is a bastardisation of Lucetta, which is a diminutive form of Lucia or Luce, which derives from the Latin "lux" which is the word for natural light compared to "lumen" that represents artificial light. :blob_reach:
In another lifetime maybe I will study Latin too. I just searched online.
There is no incentive for me to study Latin at my university. It would just cost a lot of money, be an extra class that isn't for transcript credit ...

Assurbanipal_II

In another lifetime maybe I will study Latin too. I just searched online.
There is no incentive for me to study Latin at my university. It would just cost a lot of money, be an extra class that isn't for transcript credit ...

It is more related to the fact that English world has miserable foreign language skills. :blob_evil_two:

They probably never asked someone who actually knows Italian.

Yorda

It is more related to the fact that English world has miserable foreign language skills. :blob_evil_two:

They probably never asked someone who actually knows Italian.
Then I will use you as a double check. All future naming issues for my characters can be your fault. =D

Assurbanipal_II

Then I will use you as a double check. All future naming issues for my characters can be your fault. =D

In that case, there are many wonderful names. The classical Lucia, Serena, Nicola, Beatrice, Laura, Daphne, Chloe, Vittoria, Graziana, ...

Yorda

What does that mean, Yorda the Great? :blob_reach:
I reaching out for all the great names your giving me and I mean what I say. I'm going to run my character names by you sometime later.

Also, I will search within the website for other character names in the future too!
Apparently it is possible to search within a website using google if you type the website first and then your search terms.

eg. "scribblehub.com valeria"

Assurbanipal_II

I reaching out for all the great names your giving me and I mean what I say. I'm going to run my character names by you sometime later.

Also, I will search within the website for other character names in the future too!
Apparently it is possible to search within a website using google if you type the website first and then your search terms.

eg. "scribblehub.com valeria"

Can it be that you are a bit paranoid? :blob_evil_two:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
'-'
I mean, I'm pretty sure that there are a few Chinese novels that use the same full name for protagonists, so don't feel bad about a character having the same surname as someone else's.
In terms of constantly experiencing coincidences, it's just another aspect of you that makes you and your life more interesting and special.

*huggles*

Plus, to reference your signature, @Yorda, you are naturally entitled to do as you please with your story so don't feel like you need to change something just because it happens to share similarities with someone else's work - especially when you had never come across said person's work before conceptualising your story, characters and their names.

X

TLCsDestiny

When it comes to names, I don't want to repeat them in my novels. I don't care much for others using the same names it's just my books. Actually, I think I did one name twice in my stories and...Well, I didn't like that.
What you could do, to make yourself feel a bit better, is change the spelling of it. Valeria to...Valairea? Valeriah? Valleriah? Just an idea.
I like coming up with my own names too, like Soulese, Xelo, Hellsuntra, Spirituous, Anonym, Elitress...I've used all these in my stories, maybe you could come up with something unique too?
Anyway, don't be too worried hey

LostinMovement

As long as there is no plagiarism of the actual content of your story, don't let it bother you. I'm sure your and their characters are different, even if you're both writing within the same genre. Things like this happen. Don't let it discourage you.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
just do the opposite. Have a name so painfully generic that no one would use for a major character. Like Brad. No-one likes Brad.