Resolved My reviews don't show.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I've made two reviews recently and neither are showing up. This has been an ongoing problem of mine that I've made a bug report of several months before now. It was fixed that time, and then that review that was fixed simply vanished altogether a few weeks later after being fixed Can't find it anymore. But it was an old one so I didn't mind. Now Ive had two more I've done that don't even show up at all. Why is this a recurring problem of mine?

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I've made two reviews recently and neither are showing up. This has been an ongoing problem of mine that I've made a bug report of several months before now. It was fixed that time, and then that review that was fixed simply vanished altogether a few weeks later after being fixed Can't find it anymore. But it was an old one so I didn't mind. Now Ive had two more I've done that don't even show up at all. Why is this a recurring problem of mine?
As far as I know, all reviews are approved manually by mods. Thus, they don't show up immediately.

I guess your didn't pass the moderation or were later reported and deleted.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
As far as I know, all reviews are approved manually by mods. Thus, they don't show up immediately.

I guess your didn't pass the moderation or were later reported and deleted.
The one that was fixed passed because I spoke directly Tony about it and it appeared the next day only to vanish again a few weeks later. I don't care about that one now.

These latest two, one was a positive one and the other was less so but I wasn't my usual abrasive self in it. I literally said in general, that it wasn't for me. It was an author that also rewrite the same story 4 times and I made a mention of that. So if we can't even leave ANYTHING that isn't blowing smoke up an authors arse than the reviews are there why?

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
The one that was fixed passed because I spoke directly Tony about it and it appeared the next day only to vanish again a few weeks later. I don't care about that one now.

These latest two, one was a positive one and the other was less so but I wasn't my usual abrasive self in it. I literally said in general, that it wasn't for me. It was an author that also rewrite the same story 4 times and I made a mention of that. So if we can't even leave ANYTHING that isn't blowing smoke up an authors arse than the reviews are there why?
No idea. I hear your version, but I didn't read the stories in question and I don't know your reviews, so I can't make a judgement.

But if your reviews don't show up after a day, they weren't approved. Maybe you hav ealready earned a reputation among the mods and you are prima facie flagged.

Last edited:

Aaky

Mods don't approve 1 star reviews. Trust me, I've written a few, and they weren't approved.

Tony

Staff member

Please take a look at the review guildlines: https://www.scribblehub.com/review-guidelines/
Reviews should NOT contain:
  • reviews of the author. You are reviewing the novel, not the author.
  • attacks on the author.
  • profanity

Tony

Staff member
Mods don't approve 1 star reviews. Trust me, I've written a few, and they weren't approved.

A few didn't get approved? Only one of your review didn't get approved because it was an attack on the author. Can you tell me which of your other reviews didn't get approved? I'll look into it.

Aaky

A few didn't get approved? Only one of your review didn't get approved because it was an attack on the author. Can you tell me which of your other reviews didn't get approved? I'll look into it.
:blob_shade: Yes, this was a fabrication. But saying a few sounded better than just saying I've only ever written one negative review out of all the five reviews I've written.

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence
A few didn't get approved? Only one of your review didn't get approved because it was an attack on the author.
Yes, this was a fabrication. But saying a few sounded better than just saying I've only ever written one negative review out of all the five reviews I've written.
Ah~ once again reality has shown me that when someone uses the words "trust me" its pretty much a red flag saying don't trust them, lol.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I've got a one-star review. I'll take more, please 😇

K5Rakitan

But didn't you know that most readers on ScribbleHub are silent?
For feedback, I recommend writing.com or WritersCafe. Both of those sites have point systems that encourage users to leave reviews.
Well . . . it's true 😇

2.png

1.png

K5Rakitan

So you just, show up, post it....and peeps start reviewing? Or is there more to it than that?
On writing.com, you offer peeps gift points for reviewing, and then they decide whether to accept or decline your offer. A lot of them decline mine because it's a mature story, but there's never any harm in asking.
You get gift points for:
A) Accepting and following through on offers to review the works of others
B) Reviewing an author you've never reviewed before
C) Reviewing something under the "Read and Review" feature within the allotted time
D) Reviewing something with an Auto-Reward
E) Reviewing X number of things per day gives Y gift points
F) Winning contests (which I don't enter, but some people like that sort of thing)
G) There are probably some other ways I can't think of right now.

Reviewing the newbies and asking newbies for reviews is part of my daily routine. Most people decline or ignore my review requests, so overall, my gift point stash increases. 😇

2.png

There weren't many new people today:

1.png

If I ever feel like I'm running out of gift points, I can do some of these:

3.png

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 53