Resolved My story doesn't show up on latest updates

JohKaori

is it a common bug, or is it a bug even? I rely purely on the latest updates thing for people to find my story, and can it be fixed?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
is it a common bug, or is it a bug even? I rely purely on the latest updates thing for people to find my story, and can it be fixed?
It may take a few moments to show up. I think 1-5 minutes. If it doesn't show up after that then you should probably message Tony or the admins about the issue.
Actually you're right, it didn't show up.
Question: Did you save it as a draft on SH before posting?

I've tried to "schedule" releases before and it doesn't show up if I did that so I ended up posting the entire thing and posting the moment I copied and pasted it.

JohKaori

It may take a few moments to show up. I think 1-5 minutes. If it doesn't show up after that then you should probably message Tony or the admins about the issue.
Actually you're right, it didn't show up.
Question: Did you save it as a draft on SH before posting?

I've tried to "schedule" releases before and it doesn't show up if I did that so I ended up posting the entire thing and posting the moment I copied and pasted it.
I didn't draft it or anything, I immediately posted it, as I copied it off of another site I uploaded it to.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I didn't draft it or anything, I immediately posted it, as I copied it off of another site I uploaded it to.
was it posted after a few other chapters in the same timeframe?

JohKaori

was it posted after a few other chapters in the same timeframe?
no, though I have now deleted it and reuploaded it and it is now on latest updates. Admins had anonymously fixed it, but by that point it was at like page 14 so I chose to just reupload

IshiharaNiaoka

I posted my story several times since it would show on updates for a short while then disappear. I did this more than 6 times, but still the same result. If this keeps on happening I'm afraid people won't notice my story

Agentt

Thighs
I posted my story several times since it would show on updates for a short while then disappear. I did this more than 6 times, but still the same result. If this keeps on happening I'm afraid people won't notice my story
Yeah...you doing that is the problem mainly.

Scribblehub has a system where it removes your story if you keep on doing that, because if it allowed people to do that, they would just repost their stories forever so that it always remains on front page.

IshiharaNiaoka

Yeah...you doing that is the problem mainly.

Scribblehub has a system where it removes your story if you keep on doing that, because if it allowed people to do that, they would just repost their stories forever so that it always remains on front page.
I see. But when I posted it first it didn't work

kimberlyeab

Hey, i know this thread gets made a lot but my newest story didn't get put in the latest stories box. It has however been published and is searchable under my series tab even when logged out of my account.

i'm just wondering if this is a bug or if i did something wrong since fics posted after this one are getting added to the latest stories box.

Thank you

ChaosGodOfJashin

The Chaos God of The Towers
Hey, i know this thread gets made a lot but my newest story didn't get put in the latest stories box. It has however been published and is searchable under my series tab even when logged out of my account.

i'm just wondering if this is a bug or if i did something wrong since fics posted after this one are getting added to the latest stories box.

Thank you
Hmm? How long has it been since you published? Is it new story or just a new chapter?

If it's a new story it will took a while to show up. If it's a new chapter it should appear after a few minutes.

Agentt

Thighs
it's a new chapter it should appear after a few minutes.
If it is just a new chapter and still doesn't appear after a few minutes, that is indeed a bug which usually activates when you are trying to post many chapters in quick succession.

Basically scribblehub has a bot to delete repost chapters.
So, I can't just post chapter one again and again in order to remain on first page of Latest Updates

Sometimes it malfunctions~~

kimberlyeab

You know this gets posted a lot, but don't know the cause?

Every story when published for the first time needs 24 hr to get approved by mods
i get that but with previous stories, i was not able to access these stories via my own series page (especially while logged out of my account) until they were approved by the moderators. So this is abnormal compared to my previous attempts posting a story.

i've also had issues with my last couple chapter updates (on some of my other stories) where they did not show up in 'latest updates' tab even though they were posted well past-24 hours apart.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Is it a book of poetry or something? Because Tony won't let certain things appear in the search results or updates.