Name one WEBnovel that you subjectively love that can be deemed objectively as top-quality/high-quality

Laeyioun

|Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|
edit: It doesn't need to conform to any genre, length, or any other. Just express your opinion :) it can be a short-story, fan-fic, one-shot, 1000 length, side story, and others

For me

Reverend Insanity
Not to parrot everyone who recommended it. It was just so different from every webnovel I read at the time so it had an impact on me.

Here's my runner-up because I want to share:
Transcending The Nine Heavens
I loved the comedy and the depth of the story. It also gave me another perspective to harems and polygamous romance (and cliches) which I was sick and tired of at my point of reading it. (my enlightenment was: never mind what you think you dislike, maybe you just haven't found something executed well enough. It also helped me in to not deny any work I am interested in just because of a tag)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5560

I Shall Seal The Heavens

Although I had problems with the final volume, it's generally lauded as one of the best contemporary cultivation novels out there (at least from what I've seen), and I overall really had a blast reading it.

Laeyioun

I Shall Seal The Heavens

Although I had problems with the final volume, it's generally lauded as one of the best contemporary cultivation novels out there (at least from what I've seen), and I overall really had a blast reading it.
Ohhh
It's popular and loved for good reason. Though I haven't gone near it due to the final volume's general reception.

D

Deleted member 5560

Ohhh
It's popular and loved for good reason. Though I haven't gone near it due to the final volume's general reception.
FWIW, I think overall the ending gives sufficient closure for the story, the problem I personally had with it was tonal. The wit and humour of the story had me cackling out loud and was definitely one of its strongest appeals, but the final volume was more or less a grim emotional beatdown lacking in that sense of humour that came to define it in its earlier volumes.

I didn't hate the final volume, I think it had a pretty okay emotional arc and narratively it worked out fine, it was just so heavy and that heavy tone stood even more in a work like ISSTH that had a pretty good drama-comedy tone balance before as compared to, say, something like the author's other work Renegade Immortal, which was always very dark.

I think both the world building, the great humour, and the translator's work on it makes it worth reading and outweighs the awkward tonal shift of the final volume.

Laeyioun

FWIW, I think overall the ending gives sufficient closure for the story, the problem I personally had with it was tonal. The wit and humour of the story had me cackling out loud and was definitely one of its strongest appeals, but the final volume was more or less a grim emotional beatdown lacking in that sense of humour that came to define it in its earlier volumes.

I didn't hate the final volume, I think it had a pretty okay emotional arc and narratively it worked out fine, it was just so heavy and that heavy tone stood even more in a work like ISSTH that had a pretty good drama-comedy tone balance before as compared to, say, something like the author's other work Renegade Immortal, which was always very dark.

I think both the world building, the great humour, and the translator's work on it makes it worth reading and outweighs the awkward tonal shift of the final volume.
I can relate. It can feel somewhat betraying and jarring because of what you're used to and the expectations for the story.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
Coiling Dragon it's the pioneer that made me read webnovel.

The Lord of Mysteries until...

Last edited:

minacia

perpetually sour
For me, the Wandering Inn.

Although I have no idea how to say whether anything is “objectively” high quality or not, but I think it’s amazing how much love the author puts into their work.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
My story is the best fuck you read it

Laeyioun

For me, the Wandering Inn.

Although I have no idea how to say whether anything is “objectively” high quality or not, but I think it’s amazing how much love the author puts into their work.
Cool. That's actually on my to-reads.

Laeyioun

My story is the best fuck you read it

The best 'fuck' huh? Okay, I'll keep your recommendation in mind ^-^

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
Lord of mysteries, reincarnation of the strongest sword god. I love these two. 😁😁

Laeyioun

I absolutely loved LOTM. I guess why it I didn't put it as my favorite is because it wasn't much focused on philosophy, scheming, the mc's main motivation, and the lack of the cheesy/epic "going against destiny/fate" vibes (I read these at an impressionable time hence why those had an impact on me) - preference if you will.

But it was one of the most excellent I've read and I don't think it really lacked as a story. Heck, many things are just plain amazingly done.
especially the multiple identities bit and the worldbuilding.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It's hard to find a good reverse harem story, but this one is awesome. It has also been voted the top comic on the site for so many weeks straight I've lost count. I'm really happy to see this story doing well and getting the recognition it deserves:

Laeyioun

It's hard to find a good reverse harem story, but this one is awesome. It has also been voted the top comic on the site for so many weeks straight I've lost count. I'm really happy to see this story doing well and getting the recognition it deserves:
Wowzas I didn't think I'd find a webnovel - comic over here. Looks great

Funnily, on QT Cannon Fodder there is an arc based on an older, similar story (and a cookie-cutter one as I have heard) to this where the female protagonist herself acts as one of the uglies and the 'original' heroine is written as a bitch 🤣 That parody arc is deliberately full of the forced-plot writing and comes across as comedic.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I Shall Seal The Heavens

I attempted the manga whatever version. It was terrible ...