Name one WEBnovel that you subjectively love that can be deemed objectively as top-quality/high-quality

bafflinghaze

Since you're allowing fanfic, Embers by Vathara is amazing. The world building, all the characters, the plot, it's all so complex and interlocking and highly recommend if you've seen Avatar: the last Airbender.

Luxican

I'm a big fan of When a Mage Revolts, Overgeared and To be a Power in the Shadows.

Although I don't really like Harem, Overgeared was just overall enjoyable (after you pass a certain part of the story), and it's the best Korean VR-Game Novel in my opinion

To be a Power in the Shadows is my favorite Comedy novel, the setting is just that ridiculous and funny to me

When a Mage Revolts is my favorite Magic Novel(there are surprisingly few ones without harem and actuall focus on magic...), the MC beating the Big Bad is just so satisfying, and what can I say except, I love myself some magic

But I have quite a few novels I consider 'good' and will re-read
This is just barely scratching the surface haha

fegurail

The best asian webnovels I read would be Top Management and Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu. They are unfortunately both in indefinite hiatus...

For western webnovels, my favorite is definitely The Simulacrum.

Laeyioun

|Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|
Totally forgot this forum because I'm not getting notifications 🤣.

Glad for the opinions ya'll

books.jpg

sereminar

My favorite web novel that has outstanding prose and characters and structure and just has it all is Katalepsis it's got it all: eldrich horror, lesbians, lesbians horny for eldrich horrors. Truly outstanding!

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I have 4.
3 of them are by the same author(s) 1) City of Sin 2) Monarch of Evernight 3) Demon Hunter.

All 3 seem to be written by the same three authors. I don't know if its one guy with three names, or 3 people, but all three are tagged as authors normally. The authors are Misty South, Yanyu Jiangnan, and the other one is always written in chinese lettering so idk what it says. The only one that occasionally has a 4th name is Demon Hunter, which has someone named "Misty Rain of Jiangnan" added as a 4th author...but this resembles 2 of the other 3 names so I wonder if it was like an old name or something. Demon HJunter is the oldest of the trio after all.

also:

God In Gold by Rental.

This one is something that has been discontinued or on Hiatus for 3-4 years now and I'm severely disappointed by this. It used to be called "Why We Can't Have Nice Things" when it was on fictionpress...but for whatever reason the author deleted it from there, changed its name, and added it onto RoyalRoad instead. There was also far more written on fictionpress....he only uploaded like 1/3 of what he had on fictionpress onto RR. And then he just vanished. Always hated that.

Worlds' Apocalypse Online
Extremely smart mc, tons of action, tasteful harem, and an allround Objectively good novel.
Although the start is kinda slow, once you read past a few hundred chapters and get into the 900 million world layers, the story goes from a 8/10 to a 10/10. Also the comedy in there is placed extremely good and has given me a few good laughs.

rudyharrison

Worlds' Apocalypse Online
Extremely smart mc, tons of action, tasteful harem, and an allround Objectively good novel.
Although the start is kinda slow, once you read past a few hundred chapters of https://www.bestfutonmattresstoday.com/ and get into the 900 million world layers for best futon mattress, the story goes from a 8/10 to a 10/10. Also the comedy in there is placed extremely good and has given me a few good laughs.
My number one web novel that has remarkable composition and characters and structure and simply has everything is Katalepsis it has everything. Really remarkable!

lJeDl

edit: It doesn't need to conform to any genre, length, or any other. Just express your opinion :) it can be a short-story, fan-fic, one-shot, 1000 length, side story, and others

For me

Reverend Insanity
Not to parrot everyone who recommended it. It was just so different from every webnovel I read at the time so it had an impact on me.

Here's my runner-up because I want to share:
Transcending The Nine Heavens
I loved the comedy and the depth of the story. It also gave me another perspective to harems and polygamous romance (and cliches) which I was sick and tired of at my point of reading it. (my enlightenment was: never mind what you think you dislike, maybe you just haven't found something executed well enough. It also helped me in to not deny any work I am interested in just because of a tag)
Divine Emperor of Death is a pretty good one

skillet

a frying pan
Okobore Hime no Entaku no Kishi

= best political intrigue I actually get invested in for once, very smart heroine, well-rounded cast of characters, a plot that doesn't depend on characters lacking intelligence/common sense, a fresh setting, and just enough romance to make me happy. Honestly my favorite. :D
Oh, and the translations are spot on.

lJeDl

Divine Emperor of Death is a pretty good one.

Yikes... just realized that I already replied XD

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Does 'A Step Into The Past' count? I've only read it online so I don't know if it counts or not.