Need Beta-Reader? 40k Words.

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
I had a story posted here, S.H.A.D.E., but I became dissatisfied with it and have begun to rewrite it. It was well-received more often than not, though I suspect that's true of most fiction on here. It's taken me a few weeks but I have rewritten the whole thing almost, though a lot of the plot has been altered and since I was hiatus for months, I don't expect anyone to remember much about it and thats also good in a way. I need someone who will read it. Grammar might not be top-notch since I'm not certain what could be considered top-notch grammar in the first place. I do however want opinions on the plot and on the characters in general.

I'm thinking I won't get many responses due to me tacking up that "40k Words" statement but I'm hoping someone will respond anyway. Thanks again if so, and if not, oh well I tried. Also, if anyone accepts, the writing will be provided via a site called writerfeedpad.com.

Last edited:

Azrie

Redemption Seeker
I will be honest, I would read it even if it was 100k words. And would offer myself for it, but sometimes I just don't have time to read at all, since I am writing most of the time I would spare for reading. So there's that. I do hope you find someone to give second thoughts on it for you.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
You can also ask for people to look over your chapters in the workshop channel of the Scribble Hub Discord.
Though you would have to post it in chunks, and there is no certainty that the best editors will help you out, nor a certainty that a single person will work with you on the entire story. These are usually people who edit grammar as well, though they can help with character development and prose.

What you are proposing wouldn't really fit under the definition of a beta reader, more so of an editor. You might find some troubles with someone wanting to work with you with that length, for free. Especially, if it is regarding not only grammar, but the inner workings of characters and plot.

Best bet is to possibly post an announcement if any previous readers of yours with editing experience would like to help with the revisions of the novel.

Good luck regardless, the search for beta readers, proofreaders, and editors, is a perilous journey that can seem endless.

D

Deleted member 9915

How can I delete this?
I had a post once that I also want to delete. So I reported it myself. It was locked (not deleted). It prevents anyone from further replies. That's all I know actually.

I'd also like to thank @Phantomhearts post, very informative.

Broughtwaorld

Um... can I read it? I don't know the requirements of a professional beta reader, but hey, if you want to know about my honest opinion then I would like to vote myself to read a good story before anyone else ( I am assuming since I haven't read the previous version.)