Need Digital Painting Advice

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Why blue specifically? I've seen a lot of people sketch with blue or other non-black colors, and it's something that I've been curious about for a while.
Because you can line easier over blue and blue isn’t visible in traditional printing even if you can’t erase everything.

Although I personally prefer to lower the density so that I can have stronger lines at parts where they overlap.

Hathnuz

I guess anime style = cel shading. From my experience, the tools you need to get familiar the most are bucket tool, lasso selection, wand tool, transform tool, brush tool, blender, airbrush, sketch pen and ink pen.
I can't find sketch pen and ink pen in krita. Any good alternative? I've tried normal paintbrush but the stroke size is hard to control...
Because you can line easier over blue and blue isn’t visible in traditional printing even if you can’t erase everything.

Although I personally prefer to lower the density so that I can have stronger lines at parts where they overlap.
I've learned this the hard way lol

Why blue specifically? I've seen a lot of people sketch with blue or other non-black colors, and it's something that I've been curious about for a while.
So that you don't constantly trying to fix your drawing mistake when you still not done drawing the whole thing first, so that after you done the whole thing, you will be able to correct it better since now you can see the whole thing.
Basically, you need to finish what you draw first, before trying to fix any mistake that you make.

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I can't find sketch pen and ink pen in krita. Any good alternative? I've tried normal paintbrush but the stroke size is hard to control...

I've learned this the hard way lol
I don’t use krita, but my friend who does told me it’s more suited for a painterly style. You’ll have to make yourself an ink pen for outlining and a sketch pen.

JustAnotherArtist

So... I've always wanted to learn digital painting, and I finally have bought a cheap tablet to start out. To veteran digital artists out there, what advice and tips would you give to beginners like me? What are the common mistakes? And how to draw neat strokes without having to erase stray lines countless times?

Thanks in advance.
I know this is gonna sound cliche or repetitive but there’s not much tips to clean continuous line art except lots of practice BUT you can look in your brush settings and you’ll see this setting called stability, you can adjust it to whatever setting you want (1-100, I usually use 100) but I promise it’ll make a huge difference in the line art