Need Help with Synopsis

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Like any cynical and self-critical author, I came back to my old creation and found them to be absolutely disgusting not up to my standard. So, I decided to slowly rework everything up by slowly editing the old chapters into comprehensible literature until I hit the point where I found it understandable and acceptable.

But, being a lazy-ass writer, I can only write so much in a day of procrastination. So, the first thing I did today was trying to fix my nonsensical synopsis that did not reveal anything about my fiction and theme. ( Generic CN synopsis that showed nothing ).
Living life as a mortal, having a stable income and family love. Everything was going great for him, his life was filled with happiness and satisfaction.

He had a lovely wife and a cute daughter who wished to be like him. His life had purposes, his life had meanings.

But fate was never a benevolent force, due to predestinated destiny, his ordinary life was forcefully snatched away by the supernatural force above mortals’ control.

How could he live peacefully in this chaotic world where strength reigned supreme?
However, as I wrote, I found writing a good synopsis to be very challenging and is in need of a helping hand.

I had come up with 3 separated synopsises that had 3 different purposes, and I wanted you guys to help see if any of them is at least mildly interesting.

After destroying his peaceful life with his mistake, Forus Ander came to learn about the existence of the monsters who forfeited his wife's life and took his daughter.

As he died trying to find the whereabouts of his daughter, an unknown being bestowed him a second chance.

Having nothing except his fading memory, Forus desperately chased his final desire. However, unbeknownst to him, a greater scheme was moving behind his footsteps.

Wandering between reality and illusion, Forus found that every coincident might not be as it seemed.
In his journey along the path of endless reincarnations, Forus Ander continued to chase after the fading silhouette of her. However, by doing so, he began to unravel the truth behind the curtain of the world.

But, as he trod the unknown path, he began to question the difference between reality and illusion.

Was everything predestinated? Would there ever be an answer?
It is said that death was the end and the salvation, and life would begin anew, pure and simple.

Though, to Forus Ander, death was merely a short rest. In his second life, he harboured his past regrets and attempted to bring an end to it.

However, as he began his journey anew, he gradually bore more weight on his heart, without any chance to success any of them.

As he continued to shift between life and death, his soul slowly withered while staring at the truth of the cold reality.

Could he put her back together before he shattered himself?

Nixil

I prefer the third one. It may not show as much as the first one, but it presents relevant plot points in an interesting way. Most of the first synopsis is the prologue and first chapter anyway. The average reader would at least read those if they were interested in the story. Past that point the first synopsis may not be as helpful as the third one in showing what the story will become.
The second synopsis shows too little of what the story will be about. It felt too general and applicable to a lot of different situations. The romance theme isn't really there, as it's very subtle. It plays a minor part to the story so it should be fine to not emphasise it.

Other than a few awkward phrases, they should be fine.
Just note that my preference to the third one may be biased though as I like tragedy and flowery language.

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
The first one shows the motivations of the character best but it also reveals a lot of backstory, the second one is a bit confusing and sounds like it's psychological genre, while the third seems to focus on the fact that he's suffering but we don't know why. All in all, they're not bad, but you can't really tell what the story is about.

I personally prefer the first one.

To make sure you're writing a good synopsis you need to look at these things:
  • What happens (PLOT),
  • to whom (CHARACTER), and
  • why should we care? (STORY)
  • WHERE we are (in place and time)
  • WHO the main players are (protagonist/antagonist and key characters only)
  • WHAT is happening to these main players (following the plot’s causal structure)
  • WHY this is important (wider thematic importance)
  • And, critically, what will have CHANGED by the end of the book (the ‘narrative arc’)

I'm also working on my synopsis' for my different stories and I know it can be hard so I hope I was able to help you a bit. Jiayou! σ(≧ε≦σ) ♡