Need new starting for the novels

Vulture

I have read a lot of novels whether it is wuxia, xianxia or the isekai genre why do the Mc have to be useless at the start and the scenario where the girl he loves dumps him or is taken away by someone or she cheats on him almost all nivela i have read follow the same formula.Why do the authors not give a different starting like in coiling Dragon or Issth

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
Dumped, Death and any other things have become a cliche in those genres.

If you want a new starting for a novel, you could always imagine a starting that is different from the cliche. But usually, a new starting on the novel will have a hard time getting new readers.

For example, you could make your MC interact with his friend, your MC participate in some kind of activity (like competition or school), you can also make your MC is the one who dumps his/her lovers.

SailusGebel

Because every wuxia, xianxia, or isekai copies other works that were successful.

irei1as

you can also make your MC is the one who dumps his/her lovers.
As random trivia, that's the start of the light novel "A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, So I Broke Off Our Relationship And Make A Fresh Start At The Frontier As A Magic Swordsman".

You can also check classics of the kind of "Peter Pan", "Momo", "Moby Dick", etc... to avoid current trends.

killwrites

Need motivation
Well, just look at how Redo of Healer fared at the beginning (the author himself said it was a gamble)

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
Idk, mine is kind of different, MC died from a grenade blast.

I have read a lot of novels whether it is wuxia, xianxia or the isekai genre why do the Mc have to be useless at the start and the scenario where the girl he loves dumps him or is taken away by someone or she cheats on him almost all nivela i have read follow the same formula.Why do the authors not give a different starting like in coiling Dragon or Issth
Beasue it's a formula that works. The first chapter is, in a sense, the most important one. You either catch the readers' attention or you don't. And if you have a template that has successfully worked before, why would you risk it?

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
Things became a cliche for some reason. People like this type of novel, so authors write for the publics' demand. Also, if used, right this type of startup can lead to great stories.

Being dumped on, or social hierarchy ( or power hierarchy) crushing the mc like the worthless piece of shit it currently is can ignite flames of change inside someone.

Don't get me wrong. I like the zero hero type of stories, especially ones where the main character is getting stronger by overcoming obstacles in an extended period.

But in the end, it is more of a people's demand than anything. Remember, at some point in human history, almost every book classified as classics was about a young man who is naive and pursuing an impossible love. (Looking to you Clyde Griffiths, and every other mc who fall in love with the first woman they saw)

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Men only exist because they were birthed by females. Thus, finding a female as a mate is the most important thing in a straight man's life. The loss of his mate means that he has nothing left to live for and must find a different purpose.

Mr.Grey-Cat

well, for my novel, which is a litRPG by the way, the story starts with the female mc sitting in a public seating under the sunlight and calming down before getting back to her room inside the hospital, to get her delivered goods.

Vulture

well, for my novel, which is a litRPG by the way, the story starts with the female mc sitting in a public seating under the sunlight and calming down before getting back to her room inside the hospital, to get her delivered goods.
Thats one brave girl

BlackKnightX

I think the authors just try to create sympathy from the protagonist, so the readers can connect with them.

Though, for me personally, I don’t really like this. I like it more if the protagonist starts out strong and then becomes stronger. Or maybe just starts out normal is also fine by me.