Need serious feedback for chibi drawings

LilTV1155

Hey folks on Scribblehub. Please give me some feedback on those Chibi Characters I'm drawing for my stories and how or where I can improve their visual forms.

Also please give each picture a rating from 1 = Worst - 5 = Okay.

A - Oriental Centaur in Hanfu
20210519_163100.jpg

B - Skull Face Warrior with bone pipa breastplate, lamellar shoulder pauldrons and laminar armor skirt (Barbarian-sort); Human
20210502_083540.jpg

C - Deer Faced Harpy with Sheep Horns in Oriental Hanfu; also a Bird Taur

20210502_142244.jpg

D - Bone Face Warrior with partial plated armor, Coyote/Canine Base + Orca Dorsal Fin
20210502_142237.jpg

Last edited:

atgongumerki

B is the best (5)
then C (5) (I think mostly due to the quality of the scan)
D is very sharp in edges and angles (especially that one foot) (3)
maybe my perspective is screwed but A looks to me like it broke its back (due to how close the front legs are to the hind legs and the curvature of the back) (2)

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm no expert, but those look fun!

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
They look fine, albeit, the curves are distorted, lines aren't consistent, and the clothes are clear yet need balance. I can't really make up much about what to say in a detailed way, but overall, I'll say all of these are 3 (because I rounded 2.5). lmao

LilTV1155

B is the best (5)
then C (5) (I think mostly due to the quality of the scan)
D is very sharp in edges and angles (especially that one foot) (3)
maybe my perspective is screwed but A looks to me like it broke its back (due to how close the front legs are to the hind legs and the curvature of the back) (2)
Thank Atgongumeki.
So I should make the right foot left sharpy and more curved.

About A.......😅.....:blob_facepalm:Yea. The Horned Sage with hunched back. Yike!
- So I should :blob_hmm_two: stretch his body to pull away the back legs. Should I redraw the lower torso a few centimeters smaller than the front body? Just wondering, do I need to reset the tail to pony style as well?
Chibi usually or normally have oversized heads and eyes
Big head, got it. But for bodies . . . . . 3x smaller?
They look fine, albeit, the curves are distorted, lines aren't consistent, and the clothes are clear yet need balance. I can't really make up much about what to say in a detailed way, but overall, I'll say all of these are 3 (because I rounded 2.5). lmao
Tell me more about the "needing balance" please.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Tell me more about the "needing balance" please.

The balance between the pose of the chibi and its clothes. Then again, I don't suppose you'll be illustrating chibis with different poses? The clothes have their own placement depending on what the chibis you've drawn are doing. Let's say, your chibi was doing a headstand—the clothes wouldn't be straight anymore, the clothes would be going downward. Or rather, look at those 'undergarments?' of the chibis' posing, they look different in each pose. In short, if you don't prioritize balance, the whole illustrated work would be unrealistic and poorly made.

1621488056460.jpeg

In addition, this is what a final product chibi looks like. They look like kids, not small beings like dwarfs. They have a bit larger head and aesthetically cute. Usually, the eyes ('< >') and mouths "~" are just lines, but that depends on who's making them. Nevertheless, work on doing the hands and legs, especially the boots... also, add shadows if you can (because you use a black rough pen to draw).

LilTV1155

The balance between the pose of the chibi and its clothes. Then again, I don't suppose you'll be illustrating chibis with different poses? The clothes have their own placement depending on what the chibis you've drawn are doing. Let's say, your chibi was doing a headstand—the clothes wouldn't be straight anymore, the clothes would be going downward. Or rather, look at those 'undergarments?' of the chibis' posing, they look different in each pose. In short, if you don't prioritize balance, the whole illustrated work would be unrealistic and poorly made.

View attachment 7823
In addition, this is what a final product chibi looks like. They look like kids, not small beings like dwarfs. They have a bit larger head and aesthetically cute. Usually, the eyes ('< >') and mouths "~" are just lines, but that depends on who's making them. Nevertheless, work on doing the hands and legs, especially the boots... also, add shadows if you can (because you use a black rough pen to draw).
Thank you! Actually, I don't use a black pen, but a whiteboard marker Expo on sheet protectors.

atgongumerki

Should I redraw the lower torso a few centimeters smaller than the front body?

I am definitely no expert in drawing, but if I could draw I would do that and try to end up with the hind legs a bit 'higher' (for perspective purposes)
And I would try to get the right hind leg higher still, to make the curvature of the back seem less "broken back".

LilTV1155

Child Creature

Upper Torso - Deer Fawn
Lower Torso - Sparrow
Horns - Domestic Female Sheep
Manes - Wild Pony
Screenshot_20210525-222216_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: