Writing Need suggestion on Dungeon Monsters and Floor Bosses

Bone_Crusher

Hey, I am writing a novel and need some help. It's an Isekai, Fantasy and Litrpg novel. So MC going in a dungeon along with his party, can you tell the names of good monsters which can appear in dungeon (like Skelton warriors, Skelton archers, goblins, zombies etc.) and floor bosses (who appears after every 10 levels/floors) and if possible describe them too. Thanks!

Friend

... well am I? or not?
From what someone else told me too, to answer the same Q.
Go with an overall theme, such as undead, or demonic, or monsters. Then depending on the depth (number of floors) divide them into sub-themes. You pick undead dungeon, and set its depth at 200 floors? Then the first 40 to 50 floors are variants of skeleton. Basic unarmed skellies the first few floors, with armed/armored ones appearing after a first few levels. Then the next subset is to skelly archers, skelly mages, skelly knights ... until you wear out a pattern.

Then the second pattern begins. Zombies? Probably have a few in the upper end of the skelly patterns ... to hint at what's to come. Lather rinse repeat. Next pattern may be spirits or ghosts.

And in there some places should be maybe some safe zones -- either a whole floor or even some connected rooms to let dungeoneers rest, recuperate, relax. If it's a safe floor, it's at least a couple floors before the pattern boss -- the skeleton king, for example. If it's a safe room, it should be far enough from a serious challenge (midboss or boss) so a player doesn't die just after leaving the safety.

I have this mini-rant in how I wanna say "my dungeon is not like your dungeon". Some people call them murder holes and other things but I think that breaks a story. If a dungeon or its master is 'alive' then the master's intent should be to keep adventurers/dungeoneers coming, not scare them away or scar them.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Dig out any DnD books or Monster Manuals. Well, as a DM I have my physical copies, but with some time investment you can find everything "for free". You can base your monsters on listed ones, or even just copy them. I bet there are even free monster lists floating around.

forli

If you want to come up with your own stuff, here are a few formulas you can use:

-Multiple animals merged together (A monster with the lower body of a horse, the upper body of a shark and a snake as its tail)

-Animated inanimate object (A living armor/book/candelabra)

-Creature that's made of something it's not supposed to be made of (A tiger made of fire, a man made of mud, a crocodile made of plants)

-People-like animals (A lizard-person, a rat-person, a shark-person)

-Creature with an object attached to it (A bipedal bear with an axe replacing an arm)

Or you can also combine any of those.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Basically whatever you can come up with that seems cool? Though if it's a dungeon I would recommend going with a theme. Since you mostly mentioned Undead there, I'll start with that. Populate the first ten floors with Skeletons of various names based on their gear or rank so, Skeleton Warrior/Knight/Warlord, Skeleton Archer/Ranger/Sniper. Then for the boss go with a Giant Skeleton, or a composite skeleton of some sort, such as human bones clustered into the shape of some monster. Maybe use Ghost type monsters as rare spawns throughout the dungeon. Next ten floors use Zombies, use human zombies for the bulk, and throw in other zombies for some variety, such as Zombie Birds, Zombie Dogs, etc. Then the boss would be the zombie of some monster, so like a Zombie Ogre or Zombie Minotaur. Keep that up with other undead like Ghouls, Vampires, Revenants, and eventually make the final boss a Lich. Nobody can argue with the Lich.

xluminaheart

Try to tie it in with the environment. Does your dungeon have multiple sections? I'm guessing so since every ten floors is a boss. If for example the first ten floors were jungle-themed, you could have (sentient) man-eating plants, or brightly-coloured birds that spit poison. If it's a more "ancient ruins" type dungeon then you can have more furniture-type monsters such as objects inhabited by ghosts, mimics (they're pretty common in fantasy stories), moving armour etc, or you could have more human-like ones such as mummies. If it's a watery environment, then make mutant fish.

I'm really uncreative, but that's a way to make your monsters seem natural, since they blend in with the environment. Also when you make the bosses you can just make them big or upgraded versions of the ones on the previous floors, for example the jungle boss might be a super big mutant gorilla (again, i'm uncreative) or the ruins one might be a ghostly battalion controlled by a single host

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Hey, I am writing a novel and need some help. It's an Isekai, Fantasy and Litrpg novel. So MC going in a dungeon along with his party, can you tell the names of good monsters which can appear in dungeon (like Skelton warriors, Skelton archers, goblins, zombies etc.) and floor bosses (who appears after every 10 levels/floors) and if possible describe them too. Thanks!
You could always do themed floors, like in Ys Origin.
'-'

X