Writing Need tips and source material for writing third person

DaoistBlack

I always want to write a novel but the only thing that hinders me in doing so because my writing skills in third person is too poor. Can you give me some materials for me to study? Thank you for your help

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
It depends on what kind of third person you're going for.

You have the omniscient narrator, in which the reader is privvy to everyone's thoughts, backstories, actions etc. Changes in scene are not necessarily dependant on the protagonist. For example you have the MC going away on an adventure, but the narrator tells us how his wife got gang-banged by the farmers, blacksmith, butcher, mailman, mayor, and even the horses. This way, the readers know more than the characters themselves.

You have the protagonist centered narrator, in which only the protagonist's thoughts, backstory, and actions are shown/told to the reader. Other characters are shown through interactions with the protagonist only (or mostly). Any change of PoV would be centered in the new character, making the MC a secondary character for the duration of the PoV.

You have the Re-telling narrator, in which future happenings may be told to the reader. For example "At this moment, he knew... he fucked up, because he was going to get stabbed by his mom while showering." And then it happens. This way, the narrator knows what is going to happen, and so do the readers.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Practice makes perfect!

Carlo.jpg

Freemints30

but the narrator tells us how his wife got gang-banged by the farmers, blacksmith, butcher, mailman, mayor, and even the horses.
Well now that's the average NTR plot line right there.

But yeah as said before there's many types
Third person limited- follows one character but we really only see their actions and rarely their thoughts. eg: John was going to the store but suddenly and strangely stopped and shook once he heard a voice.

Good for hiding info and forces readers to learn of your character through their actions. Good for mysterious mcs.

Third-person deep- We see their thoughts through out the thing. but all other characters we wouldn't know about them unless they interact with the character we focus on. Example. John felt anxious as he went on the way to store but froze with anxiety as he heard his friend Mary

Third-person omnicant- we shall know about every character relevant thoughts and feelings towards somethings.
John felt anxious as he went on the way to store but froze with anxiety as he heard his friend Mary, who felt disgust towards the smell from him,