Tentacle & Merchant Expert
- Feb 9, 2020
Love the statistics and how it's designed. I expect to spend a few minutes everyday looking through them!
What does "empty" in the referrer section mean?
good question. wondering that too.
It will/may be empty when the enduser
- entered the site URL in browser address bar itself.
- visited the site by a browser-maintained bookmark.
- visited the site as first page in the window/tab.
- clicked a link in an external application.
- switched from a https URL to a http URL.
- switched from a https URL to a different https URL.
- has security software installed (antivirus/firewall/etc) which strips the referrer from all requests.
- is behind a proxy which strips the referrer from all requests.
- visited the site programmatically (like, curl) without setting the referrer header (searchbots!).
You can't get this info from guest users.Hmm... geographical info is cool, but I would like to have some demographical insight as well—like age group or gender or such.
Hmm... as someone who hides his own info, I cannot refute that. Oh well...You can't get this info from guest users.
And logged in users often times hide and/or lie on this info as well. It's not that uncommon to see people setting random joke birth dates for one.
So... Not really feasible.
I mentioned it here.I wasn't a fan of the old statistics page so decided to make a new one:
If you run into any bugs or problems please post here and I'll fix it as soon as I can.