Tentacle & Merchant Expert
- Feb 9, 2020
Love the statistics and how it's designed. I expect to spend a few minutes everyday looking through them!
What does "empty" in the referrer section mean?
good question. wondering that too.
It will/may be empty when the enduser
- entered the site URL in browser address bar itself.
- visited the site by a browser-maintained bookmark.
- visited the site as first page in the window/tab.
- clicked a link in an external application.
- switched from a https URL to a http URL.
- switched from a https URL to a different https URL.
- has security software installed (antivirus/firewall/etc) which strips the referrer from all requests.
- is behind a proxy which strips the referrer from all requests.
- visited the site programmatically (like, curl) without setting the referrer header (searchbots!).
You can't get this info from guest users.Hmm... geographical info is cool, but I would like to have some demographical insight as well—like age group or gender or such.
Hmm... as someone who hides his own info, I cannot refute that. Oh well...You can't get this info from guest users.
And logged in users often times hide and/or lie on this info as well. It's not that uncommon to see people setting random joke birth dates for one.
So... Not really feasible.
I mentioned it here.I wasn't a fan of the old statistics page so decided to make a new one:
If you run into any bugs or problems please post here and I'll fix it as soon as I can.
I mentioned it here.
So, I've noticed that sometimes as I am going through my own pages in order to edit, and then I look again at the page to see if format looks right, it adds one to the tally of views. As it is, I am not sure if 10 people have read my ending, or if nobody but me has actually seen it, and I've...forum.scribblehub.com
I'm not sure if the statistics page also counts this, but it should either discount it or at least clarify somehow what is your own activity (visiting to edit or proofread), and what is people legit visiting your page. I'm hoping soon I'm be able to figure out which chapters haven't got any readers (besides me).