Resolved New Story from Author Notification

Trashlyn

So this wasn't really a feature I ever thought about but a few people (readers and other authors) in communities I am in mentioned that they wished Scribblehub had something like this.

Basically they want the ability to receive a notification if certain authors they like post a new story.

Going to share this thread so they can give their thoughts.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
If we are already at it. I would like an option that I can mark certain stories to get a notification when a new chapter is up. Facultative, not obligatory. :blob_aww:

Trashlyn

Ah it is actually a part of following with a push box to turn off. well I'll go let them know.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
If you follow the author, i believe you get a notification when they post a new story
So it already exists?

TrismegistusShandy

I'm the person Trashlyn was talking to about this. Didn't have a chance to check this out until now.

As far as I can tell, this feature still doesn't exist? She sent me a partial screenshot of the Alert Preferences screen this morning, which looked promsing, but when I found time to log in and look at my account settings, I saw that I had all the checkboxes checked already (probably ever since I created my account in January 2019). But none of the checkboxes are for getting notified of new chapters in existing stories by authors you're following. There's new status notices for authors you're following, and the first chapters of new novels, but not new chapters of ongoing novels. If I'm overlooking something obvious, please point it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-07-03 17-22-39.png
    Screenshot from 2020-07-03 17-22-39.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 67

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I'm the person Trashlyn was talking to about this. Didn't have a chance to check this out until now.

As far as I can tell, this feature still doesn't exist? She sent me a partial screenshot of the Alert Preferences screen this morning, which looked promsing, but when I found time to log in and look at my account settings, I saw that I had all the checkboxes checked already (probably ever since I created my account in January 2019). But none of the checkboxes are for getting notified of new chapters in existing stories by authors you're following. There's new status notices for authors you're following, and the first chapters of new novels, but not new chapters of ongoing novels. If I'm overlooking something obvious, please point it out.

You're right, there are no notifications for new chapter releases - you have to check your reading list to see updates.

I think there were some requests for notifications for this when Scribble Hub was first made, but they went quiet after a time.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

OP was talking about getting notified for new stories, not for new chapters.

Just make a habit of checking your reading list with some regularity and you will see the updates.