New tags "Death Game" and "Trapped in a Game World"

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
"Death Game" should be self explanatory. Any game that if you die in game, you die in real life, or a game where the penalty is death.

"Trapped in a Game World" is different from the "Summoned/Transported" one where you're not actually there, but your mind is. Encompasses your normal edgy help-my-brain-is-trapped-in-this-VR-game plots. So SAO would be one, to name an example, while Log Horizon wouldn't. It's might be too niche though.

Jamminrabbit

I second this. Just like the other tags, I'd like to be able to filter into or out of it. In my case, filter into Death Game to look for more of it. I think popularity of media like Mirai Nikki, Danganronpa, Darwin's Game, and a whole host of similar works are missing out on being written on SH or finding its crowd with an available tag.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't think they are bad tags, but uhn... Are they used?

Like, can you give a few examples of it? Because like... They should at the very least be useful before being added.

I do agree that they would be good additions nonetheless~

Euphoria723

"Death Game" should be self explanatory. Any game that if you die in game, you die in real life, or a game where the penalty is death.

"Trapped in a Game World" is different from the "Summoned/Transported" one where you're not actually there, but your mind is. Encompasses your normal edgy help-my-brain-is-trapped-in-this-VR-game plots. So SAO would be one, to name an example, while Log Horizon wouldn't. It's might be too niche though.
sao was one of the first of it's kind and they pulled that off pretty well, not to mention the author did his search accordingly

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I think Death Game encompasses everything, but it heavily depends on our familiarity with the inspirations behind it. Judging from our viewerbase, I don't think we have a problem with that.

But the term Death Game kinda overplays it for some authors, y'know? Maybe they wanted to make some slice-of-life story in a VRMMORPG setting with some inescapable elements to it, and only got the whole DEATH GAME tag to define their genre. Wouldn't that immediately write them off to a dead-end of expectations?

I would suggest an overhaul where we write our own tags, but I wouldn't be "that guy" who thinks he's the only guy who thought of that idea. On paper it might be cool but it's probably never implemented for very good reasons.