New Years Resolutions

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
What are y'alls new year resolutions? Mine's going to actually finish my book by halfway through 2023, the end of June basically. Anything interesting y'all got planned, or just not gonna do anything at all.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Since September of 2022, I've written 2 chapters a month and even wrote 3 chapters this December, but I still came up short with two more chapter to write before finishing the first volume of Villainess, Retry! So my New Year's resolution would be to finish off volume 1 of VR during January 2023. Then I'll switch to another project and hopefully finish another volume of that by the end of 2023, hopefully.

Le_ther

To actually start doing somethinf than being lazy and now in day 1 i am already failing

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
What are y'alls new year resolutions? Mine's going to actually finish my book by halfway through 2023, the end of June basically. Anything interesting y'all got planned, or just not gonna do anything at all.
Create an imperium

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
You guys do know that any new years resolution is bound to fail? That's why you don't start the stuff you actually want until January is almost over.
They only fail because the person making the resolution doesn't follow through. I know every year I say I will follow through, only to end up binging netflix for half a year before getting anything done, but this time I actually mean it. I just want to watch some anime first, then I'll get started.

WeissBlatt

I am become hiatus
There are several things I want to do, but my brain isn't cooperating so the first item in my list should be "giving therapy another try".

D

Deleted member 93348

Stop playing Chrono Trigger and get back to writing 24/7. It's a lot harder than you think.
I'm getting a ton of inspiration, though, minus the time traveling shenanigans.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I keep meaning to contact this non-profit that published a book my Grand Father wrote about the national guard three decades ago. I want to scan it and make it public on the Internet Archive. Even so there are private book archives I can upload it to without the rights I’m just too lazy. I mean to do that this year, but it’s gonna take a lot of emails and going outside my comfort zone.

I've never actually made any new year's resolution before.

I just forced myself to change without waiting for a new year. I started out with small goals and slowly made them bigger. For example, my body was really weak a few years ago from not exercising for a long time. I started working out once a week and slowly increased to three times a week. Sure, that's still not enough and there were times when I skipped workouts but I am much healthier than before.

If I really had to make a new year's resolution, I would say increasing the number of times I exercise to four times a week before this year is over.

Jet

I think I want to emigrate. I also want to keep progressing in the gym which is kinda contradictory to the first one.

The writing took a bit of a back seat, but I want to upload the entirety of the first volume on some writing-groups sites. Have to send the fully edited copies to my beta readers first, though. It would be optimal to finish at least the first part of volume 2 this year, too. It's possible to finish the entire thing. But don't think I can focus on it while struggling with editing and general lazying around much. Unless I don't play any MMOs all year round, hm.