No Face, No Life - Arrived! <3

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
I realized it wasn't doing well here, and I had to wonder why. I read over it and decided the tense I'd experimented with when I wrote it just wasn't working as well as I'd hoped. I'm changing the tense from present to past, and I'm working on making it more engaging all-throughout, if I can.

I'm planning to eventually upload it to Scribble Hub again. I removed it because It'd only garnered a single favorite. I was sad to toss that single fave out because even one is important, yet I felt I could offer up a better version.

Well, anyhow, the sad part is I'm not going to have editing services on it any time soon. Chances are, it will be more raw than any of my works are currently. I hope some would be interested in reading it when it's offered up. I'm breaking it up into smaller parts... well what I consider small in any case. XD

Most around here submit shorter chapters over a longer term, I've noticed. What I consider short chapters is around four pages or so in Google Docs at 11px Verdana for most of it. The original work was a novelette. I'm not sure how long it will be in the end, probably it wouldn't reach novel-length. The story is solid and cute, but the way I told it might have not been optimal. '^^ It was written for Halloween originally as an event short story.

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Oh I wrote this before sleeping but before drifting off I realized I hadn't explained the story. I'll sum it up quickly before I do. It's about a young salaryman in Japan who encounters a noh face on a train, loses his face and has to race to recover his identity. He has a Halloween adventure around Tokyo. That's about as unspoilerific as I can make it. XD

Myewphi

Giving this thread a watch so that I can see any future comments, so please comment when youve finished the rewrite so i can give it a read!

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Thanks! I'm trying to improve it all around, and flesh more details out!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Rewriting isn't saving face but a way to admit your mistake. It's a show of commitment that you're willing to salvage your story but rebooting it instead of just going headstrong without realising your mistake. I've recently done that to a story of mine and lemme tell you, I haven't had a fresher breath of air since I butchered that dead horse for a new, improved one.

Giving this a watch so I won't miss out.

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Awesome! The original didn't do well! I'm sure I have an idea why that was the case!

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
I've reached 6 chapters added/recreated. I'm still just under halfway through the project, but it's going well I think. I'd certainly be happy if someone who beta read it compared it with the original work. The original had the editing services of Trismegistus Shandy, but unless he frees up before I think to post it up in places, it may not have his touch on it. It'd be poorer for the lack, I'm sure. :3 I'm doing my best though.

It'll be a challenge to make a cover for this, but a banner for chapters is probably the best I can do until I think more.
savingfacerevised.png

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
After more edits on Saving Face Revised, I'll reconsider the banner.

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Progress: There are 17 Chapters assembled.
Word Count: 41738 (Counting old material, which makes up only 1/3-1/4 of the remaining document.)
Max Pages: 111
Formatting: Times New Roman 12pt, Double Spaced, Page Broken between chapters.

It's coming along! :D

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Progress: 27 Chapters Assembled.
Hitch: Some rewriting on a few to improve flow.
Word Count: 51740
Max Pages: 180
Same true book formatting.

More progress!

If you like horror, silly anime tropes, drama, tragedy, comedy (same as silly anime tropes right?), you might like it. Still not sure what I'll do with it when it's finished. :3 I might sell it, but when I'm ready, I'll ask around for more beta readers!

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Progress:
33 Chapters
Word Count: 57754
Max Pages: 218
Added justify formatting.

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
I decided to go simpler with the cover, for now. I can't afford to commission a pretty cover like with my other books, but it seems adequate.

Attachments

• nofacenolifecover.JPG
    nofacenolifecover.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 197

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Progress:
43 Chapters
Word Count: 65218 (Doesn't seem like much of a gain, but old writing is cut as I go)
Max Pages: 282 (this is where it really shows progress, well that and the chapter count)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Jesus Christ you're definitely persistent

I wish u luck

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Progress:
46 Chapters
Word Count: 67655
Max Pages: 304

@BenJepheneT Thank you! *grins* Everyone will know when I finish it, and I expect it will be relatively soon. Now I'm writing the new ending of the story. I'm not sure what the final page count will be! I'm certain it'll go above 50 Chapters! :s_wink:

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
I had another explosion of inspiration!

Progress:
51 Chapters
Word Count: 70964 (More old content cut, lots added!)
Max Pages: 340

The fact is, I've gone over 50 as I said I would and it's not yet done, but it is going to be finished soon! <3
I'm not sure how many more will go into it. Just until I feel it's truly completed.

Last edited:

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Progress:
56 Chapters
Word Count: 77208
Max Pages: 376

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Progress:
58 Chapters
Word Count: 78932
Max Pages: 391
All old chapters excised, so it's an exact count.